Ectogenesis and artificial wombs

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Re: Ectogenesis and artificial wombs

Post by Zeropoint »

Wouldn't it be a very good opportunity to stay single? Not having any pressure at all to procreate as we know it?
You know, there are OTHER reasons to want to be in a relationship.
I'm a cis-het white male, and I oppose racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. I support treating all humans equally.

When fascism came to America, it was wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

That which will not bend must break and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Atomization sounds like the inevitable results of people living in cities and urban areas and also moving around all the time (for that vaunted mobile workforce), doesn't look like there's much to be done about that, what with the way the world's going.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Zeropoint wrote:
Wouldn't it be a very good opportunity to stay single? Not having any pressure at all to procreate as we know it?
You know, there are OTHER reasons to want to be in a relationship.
Yeah, even people physically unable to reproduce still do things like get married and stay in long-term relationships.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice