Climaite Change & 17 year pause - More discussion

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Climaite Change & 17 year pause - More discussion

Post by Kitsune »

Not going to link to anything specific but wanted to bring these up. I hope this does not sound too dumb?

I have been arguing with climate change and there are deniers who are arguing for a 17 year pause.
While this appears false, there has not been a huge increase in temperature for a decade although this has pretty much been the warmest decade on record. Now, while surface temperatures have paused, heat has increased in the oceans.

From what I have read, there is more heat entering the Earth "engine" than escaping (satellite data.) This energy / heat has to building up somewhere. Does not magically go away. It might be transported to a different part of the system such as in our case the oceans. Still, the system itself is warming. It is also inevitable that if heat keeps increasing in the system, it will eventually continue heating the surface?

Assuming my arguments are not ill formed and are understandable, is there a system which I might point to such a machine that deniers will have a hard time refuting does something similar?

Also, with the argument that temperatures have paused, I argued that an 8 gig DDR3 would cost me more today than when I bought one a year ago. Does not mean that I do not expect memory prices to continue dropping in the long run. Is that a good argument?
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)