Loft of Westminster Bridge?

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Loft of Westminster Bridge?

Post by Kanastrous »

Okay, here's an obscure chunk of information that so far I've failed to find...maybe someone here knows what I'm after.

I need the loft or radius of Westminster Bridge, in London. That is, seen in lengthwise profile, the roadway/walkway has a very gentle radius to it, lower at the approaches and highest at the center of the span.

If anyone has that information, or a bright idea as to where to find it, I'd be very grateful.

My gratitude plus $2 will buy you a cup of coffee: if you pony up the $2, find the coffee shop, order the coffee and pay at the counter, I'll do the rest.

Seemed sort of vaguely like a 'Science' question, but if it's more of an 'Art' question I trust the mods will move it to where it belongs...
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Re: Loft of Westminster Bridge?

Post by Spoonist »

There is a bunch of 3d models out there, isn't that a good place to start?
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Yes, there are dimensions to be pulled from those but I'm hoping for a figure from documentation. The guys at Transport for London may have it but I don't hold out much hope of hearing back from them any time soon.
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

I could give you an estimate based off normal slopes required for drainage, but bridges tend to get special circumstances due to being old and a bugger to alter.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee