First, the elephant man, now, the monkey piglet

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

First, the elephant man, now, the monkey piglet

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

As Crispin Glover's last film was titled - WHAT IS IT?
Piglet with monkey's face

Villagers were shocked after a monkey-like piglet was born in China.

Curious locals flocked to the home of owner Feng Changlin after news of the piglet spread in Fengzhang village, Xiping township.

"It's hideous. No one will be willing to buy it, and it scares the family to even look at it!" Feng told Oriental Today.

He says the piglet looks just like a monkey, with two thin lips, a small nose and two big eyes. Its rear legs are also much longer than its forelegs, causing it to jump instead of walk.

Feng's wife said the monkey-faced piglet was one of five newborns of a sow which the family had raised for nine years.

"My God, it was so scary. I didn't known what it was. I was really frightened," she said.

"But our son likes to play with it, and he stopped us from getting rid of it. He even feeds it milk."

Neighbours have suggested the couple keep the piglet to see how it looks as it matures.
Pictures in link. Seriously, what would make a piglet turn out like that?
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Dunno, it seems like the "looks just like a monkey!!!" reaction is the human brain doing pattern recognition again, rather than any real resemblance to any real monkey species. It's just fucked up by random mutation.

...though it may be interesting to try raising and breeding it with other pigs :evil:
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

No. I think I'd eventually go mad if I had to look at those faces for a long time.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Shinova wrote:No. I think I'd eventually go mad if I had to look at those faces for a long time.
Why? The piglet looks pretty neat. It's eyes look weird though.
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Is there something wrong with his brow? Does he have like, one eyelid?
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Doesn't look like a monkey to me.
Those eyes look seriously weird...is it blind?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Looks pretty friggin freaky if you ask me.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

KILL IT WITH FIRE! THE CHAOS MUST BE CLEANSED!!!
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

It has a minor instance of cyclopia. It's sonic hedgehog gene was disrupted in facial formation, leading to that. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articl ... id=1040589
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Pint0 Xtreme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Pint0 Xtreme »

My first guess was that this was another one of Mr. Garrison's piglets. :lol:
darthbob88
Jedi Knight

Post by darthbob88 »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:KILL IT WITH FIRE! THE CHAOS MUST BE CLEANSED!!!
Purge the mutant with holy fire!

God-Emperor, that's freaky. The only thing I know of to compare is monkey-faced lambs, whose mothers ate false hellebore during gestation. Link with description, no pics. I'd link to some if I could find them.
This message approved by the sages Anon and Ibid.
Any views expressed herein are my own unless otherwise noted, and very likely wrong.
I shave with Occam's Razor.
Tolya
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tolya »

All hail our new monkey-piglet overlords!
Tolya
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tolya »

PeZook wrote:Dunno, it seems like the "looks just like a monkey!!!" reaction is the human brain doing pattern recognition again, rather than any real resemblance to any real monkey species. It's just fucked up by random mutation.

...though it may be interesting to try raising and breeding it with other pigs :evil:
Do you really want to breed a new race of highly intelligent hoofed species? One Planet of Apes was not enough huh? You want a Planet of Monkey-Piglets?

Anyways, I really feel sorry for the poor thing. Not that the actual piglet really cares about it's look.
Mutant Headcrab
Jedi Knight

Post by Mutant Headcrab »

Seen this before on another forum. I think the general consensus is this a variation of that condition that results in cyclopean kittens or somehting.
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Mutant Headcrab wrote:Seen this before on another forum. I think the general consensus is this a variation of that condition that results in cyclopean kittens or somehting.
*points up in the thread*

:P
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Andrew_Fireborn
Jedi Knight

Post by Andrew_Fireborn »

Filthy orkses...

Hide the midgets and the jewelery. :P
Rule one of Existance: Never, under any circumstances, underestimate stupidity. As it will still find ways to surprise you.