The Devil

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ahh I turn to the Devil thread and see who else has posted here but Priesto

Let us countiue
You still do not understand.Stating something as religious babble, which proves that.You have said what I already stated, only turning my statements into complete garbage.This is all basic elementary, yet you say I'm the one who is ignorant
If you notice I said Yaadaa Yaadaa for a reason but then since you posted this you did not notice it at all, The fact YOU do not understand is that Murder is Murder but I could never get you to acknolwedge that no matter how hard I tried beause that would make God EVIL, Despite the fact that he is along with being a Genocidal Tyranical Rasicst but I can't get you to admit that because it means the basics of your religion is flawed.
Why does the Devil exist? we all have fallen from God, to get back to him we accept Jesus as our savior.But it's not so easy if there is another path that is just as tempting except bad.The world is one big training camp, we are the trainees
Right. Agian the Concept of Orgional Sin rears its head, Just because people we never met or knew did somthing wrong we are still to blaim, Can you see the Hypcorasy of this? Tell me if I demanded one hundred million dollers from the Roman-Church for their Actions during the Crusades and ten million dollers from each of the smaller sub faiths that have any sort of tie to the Roman church and then one million dollers from everyone who's ever visted Rome in the last quarter Centuary would you think that claim is redicous?
Without resistence there'd be no point for us to be down here, and everyone would be on the right hand of God.But satan causes the resistence.We fell from heaven due to lucifer and his rebeliousness.Our only way back is through Jesus.
We fell? But eairler you said it was Eves fault make up your mind Priesto was its Humans Fault that we fell or Lucifer?
The one who hires a hitman, wants someone destroyed.The one who hires a hitman pays him.The one who hires a hitman decides on how the hitman goes about destroying.The one who hires a hitman, tells them when to strike. All God does is limits satan, when it comes to temptations.
Acutal to be factial it costs extra to tell the hitman how you want somone killed generaly its 2k-10k American dollers and tell them you want somone dead and thats that, But back to the main point.
So your saying here God lets Satan temp people but only a certian amount and controls what he temps with
Hmmm Gee that still means God is a Fault even if as you describe this is a boot-camp any Boot-Camp in which people who mess up a little bit(Need I remind you of the 97 ways you can go to Hell in the Bible?) go strait to hell, And if you never heard of the Boot-Camp you go to hell, If you go to another Boot-camp(Religion) you go to hell

And of course if you died before Jesus you go to hell automaticaly.
With todays popluation and statiscis that rounds out to around 5.3 Billion People Going to Hell, What a wonderful Guy that God of yours is, Remeber when it(Well according to your religion) was only .01% Going to Heaven each year and the rest of the popluas went to Hell?

And of course the Young, Don't forget them, going to Hell them to

Since each of us can bare a different amount of burden.God knows what we can handle, it is up to realize this for ourselves.A hitman doesn't provide a way out for the very person he is trying to kill.
More Religous trip and a single add-on about Hitmen since you don't know much about them, Tradtional depending on the Hitman offering to pay double will be way out for the target
But then proffisonal Tradtional Hit-men are largly no-exstant and most peope do thier own killing
You use an example that has little relevence.The little kid was not commanded to do this.Eve's eating of the apple was no accident.The tree of knowledge didn't hurt mankind, man did by dis-obeying God.You want to blame all of man's bad decisions on God, for presenting a test he didn't pass though he could've.It is all based on what man decided to do.
Ahh I see so doing one bad thing is enough for ETERNAL DAMMNATION
What a nice guy the Lord is
Don't forget according to you all the people before Jesus came went to Hell :twisted:
And my example was spot on because I provided more than one, From the existance of Suffering to Lucifer to the Tree to Hell itself, HE did it all for no other reason than to punish man
God fights for all that is good.Evil will always fail.We are to be soldiers for christ.If you think it means we are to go around condeming sinners, you are in-correct.We fight evil with Love not hate.The people are not who we fight, it is the sin.So if you see a christian soldier as someone bad, that's fine by me.Jesus simply stated the future and that is when he comes to cast judgement.Bringing a sword=judgement
*Sigh Religous Trip but thanks to your own source its OH so easy to refuit
Numbers Numbers 31:14-18
Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man

Deuteronomy 2:30-34
When Sihon and all his army came out to meet us in battle at Jahaz, the LORD our God delivered him over to us and we struck him down, together with his sons and his whole army. At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them--men, women and children. We left no survivors.

Deuteronomy 3:2-6
The LORD said to me, "Do not be afraid of him, for I have handed him over to you with his whole army and his land. Do to him what you did to Sihon king of the Amorites, who reigned in Heshbon." So the LORD our God also gave into our hands Og king of Bashan and all his army. We struck them down, leaving no survivors. At that time we took all his cities. There was not one of the sixty cities that we did not take from them--the whole region of Argob, Og's kingdom in Bashan. All these cities were fortified with high walls and with gates and bars, and there were also a great many unwalled villages. We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city--men, women and children.

Deuteronomy 7:1-5
When the LORD your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations--the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, seven nations larger and stronger than you-- and when the LORD your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the LORD's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you. This is what you are to do to them: Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones, cut down their Asherah poles and burn their idols in the fire.

Joshua 6:20-21
When the trumpets sounded, the people shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the people gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so every man charged straight in, and they took the city. They devoted the city to the LORD and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it--men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys

Joshua 8:24-25
When Israel had finished killing all the men of Ai in the fields and in the desert where they had chased them, and when every one of them had been put to the sword, all the Israelites returned to Ai and killed those who were in it. Twelve thousand men and women fell that day--all the people of Ai

Joshua 10:28-40
That day Joshua took Makkedah. He put the city and its king to the sword and totally destroyed everyone in it. He left no survivors. And he did to the king of Makkedah as he had done to the king of Jericho.
Then Joshua and all Israel with him moved on from Makkedah to Libnah and attacked it. The LORD also gave that city and its king into Israel's hand. The city and everyone in it Joshua put to the sword. He left no survivors there. And he did to its king as he had done to the king of Jericho.
Then Joshua and all Israel with him moved on from Libnah to Lachish; he took up positions against it and attacked it. The LORD handed Lachish over to Israel, and Joshua took it on the second day. The city and everyone in it he put to the sword, just as he had done to Libnah. Meanwhile, Horam king of Gezer had come up to help Lachish, but Joshua defeated him and his army--until no survivors were left.
Then Joshua and all Israel with him moved on from Lachish to Eglon; they took up positions against it and attacked it. They captured it that same day and put it to the sword and totally destroyed everyone in it, just as they had done to Lachish.
Then Joshua and all Israel with him went up from Eglon to Hebron and attacked it. They took the city and put it to the sword, together with its king, its villages and everyone in it. They left no survivors. Just as at Eglon, they totally destroyed it and everyone in it.
Then Joshua and all Israel with him turned around and attacked Debir. They took the city, its king and its villages, and put them to the sword. Everyone in it they totally destroyed. They left no survivors. They did to Debir and its king as they had done to Libnah and its king and to Hebron.
So Joshua subdued the whole region, including the hill country, the Negev, the western foothills and the mountain slopes, together with all their kings. He left no survivors. He totally destroyed all who breathed, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded.

Judges 1:8
The men of Judah attacked Jerusalem also and took it. They put the city to the sword and set it on fire.

Judges 1:23-25
When they sent men to spy out Bethel, the spies saw a man coming out of the city and they said to him, "Show us how to get into the city and we will see that you are treated well." So he showed them, and they put the city to the sword but spared the man and his whole family.

Samuel 15:3-8
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. So Saul summoned the men and mustered them at Telaim--two hundred thousand foot soldiers and ten thousand men from Judah ... Then Saul attacked the Amalekites all the way from Havilah to Shur, to the east of Egypt. He took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and all his people he totally destroyed with the sword.

Samuel 27:8-9
Now David and his men went up and raided the Geshurites, the Girzites and the Amalekites. Whenever David attacked an area, he did not leave a man or woman alive

Chronicles 15:12-13
And they entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul; That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
I've trust I've made my point about the Christian Soliders Bit
And NTM all of those where By Direct Order of God and helped by Him, Pretty Nice soliders there....

Now onto the last part
The caaninites were a group of people not a race.Just as Sodom and Gomorrah was a group of people.Of course anyone is lesser than dogs if they are so deep in sin.The jews were the chosen people, not the only people.Chosen is a term that means that group of people know better and are specifically commanded to do God's work. Jesus had supper with sinners and taught them.It was the pharisees who did not accept Jesus, and they were Jews.
Deeper in Sin? Thats rich, Furthmore for your information a Race is NOTHING MORE than a group of people who share similar Genetic Ansestry. Thanks for Ackolwedging my point about Not Equal, Now will you go into Animal Farm esk, Some are MORE equal than others?

And two last points
So a chosen people means nothing if you don't act like it anyways.
THE FACT THERE WAS A "CHOOSEN" PEOPLE TO BEGIN WITH MEANS GOD IS RACIST. Are you that blind that you can't understand the relationship here? IF everyone is Equal HOW can thier be a Lesser people or a Choosen one? If they act Choosen or not is a Straw-man aurgment thats not the question at hand but thanks you've already concided that God is Racist by the mear extistance of greater and lesser people
So your example of a peaceful country is also pointless.
How so? Because the Cannites where NOT Accepting Jesus, that means its ok to take them as Slaves?

So you don't miss this, I'll make it very lage
So far you have said it was ok for everything from people taking Slaves to Genocide, Will you next be advoctating the benfits of Child Molestation? When I ask about Slaves you said it was ok because God said so, When I asked about Genocide you said it was ok because they did it for God. WTF kind of Morals do you have Priesto?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Methinks Bean is going to burst an artery dealing with the fundie; "Quick! Get Bean 500cc's of horse tranquilizer, stat!". Laggie feels your pain.

What sets off bells in my head is the fact that Priesto's talking about events in the bible (Eve's temptation, etc.) as if they were actual events, alongside historical events that the bible BADLY slewed (the Hebrew invasion of Canaan, and the subsequent racial difficulties), thus mixing reality and fiction and getting you to argue about it. After you're done, we can all debate whether Donald Duck should wear pants, and if the fact that he doesn't means he's immoral, or if Boss Nass (or whatever his name is) is a racist. Maybe Priesto can tell us that there really is a Klingon empire out there, since it's so well documented and followed by such a large and rabid crowd.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

One thing I always pride myself is heart control, saddly I never got onto that silly *The Chair show but thanks to some lesson back when I was sixteen I can keep a steady heart rate from laying down to sleep to screamnig in your face. One of the first things they teach you if you ever study under some of the Far- East schools of thought is body control

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

We fell? But eairler you said it was Eves fault make up your mind Priesto was its Humans Fault that we fell or Lucifer?
I think that what Priesto's trying to say is that women are evil and weak and more easily tempted by satan. As you know, women have been responsible for all sorts of terrible things in history such as mass murders of Jews and Arabs and children, as well as hepling advances in "evil" areas such as science and mathematics. (not so much the last two, though, because *fortunately* men realied the evil of women and shoved them in the kitchen and didn't teach them to read or write, preventing them from causing too much harm.)

It must be that dratted extra X chromosome.

Now since woman=evil, then therefore woman must be the creation of the devil, placed there to lure men away from God because that's what devils do best.

I know that my theory there doesn't really fit in with the bible, but I don't think priesto would mind. After all, he's quite willing to ignore the bits where God goes and kills whole races. Why not just ignore the bit where god creates eve too?
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Lusankya wrote:
I think that what Priesto's trying to say is that women are evil and weak and more easily tempted by satan. As you know, women have been responsible for all sorts of terrible things in history such as mass murders of Jews and Arabs and children, as well as hepling advances in "evil" areas such as science and mathematics. (not so much the last two, though, because *fortunately* men realied the evil of women and shoved them in the kitchen and didn't teach them to read or write, preventing them from causing too much harm.)

It must be that dratted extra X chromosome.

Now since woman=evil, then therefore woman must be the creation of the devil, placed there to lure men away from God because that's what devils do best.

I know that my theory there doesn't really fit in with the bible, but I don't think priesto would mind. After all, he's quite willing to ignore the bits where God goes and kills whole races. Why not just ignore the bit where god creates eve too?
Surely, Lusankya, you know why woman is called woman?
Woman = Woe unto Man. (NO, I did not make that up, See Milton's paradise Lost) Nice little tidbit whenever your significant other is driving you up the wall.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

Surely, Lusankya, you know why woman is called woman?
Woman = Woe unto Man. (NO, I did not make that up, See Milton's paradise Lost) Nice little tidbit whenever your significant other is driving you up the wall.
My significant other is male. So that tidbit probably wouldn't work. He could use it on me, though. :P
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Mr Bean wrote:One thing I always pride myself is heart control, sadly I never got onto that silly *The Chair* show but thanks to some lesson back when I was sixteen I can keep a steady heart rate from laying down to sleep to screamnig in your face. One of the first things they teach you if you ever study under some of the Far- East schools of thought is body control.
Needless to say, I bet they don't teach you the *really useful* stuff, like keeping your heart rate that steady after, say, death. :)
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Lagmonster wrote: Needless to say, I bet they don't teach you the *really useful* stuff, like keeping your heart rate that steady after, say, death. :)
That's easy enough. Just keep a constand 0 beats per minute... :D
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Semi OT but..

A good link The Skeptic's Annotated Bible

Loads of good stuff, examples of gods evildoing, injustices all indexed and easy to find the topic you need.

Example under the topic sex:

Exodus
God decides to kill Moses because his son had not yet been circumcised. Luckily for Moses, his Egyptian wife Zipporah "took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me. So he [God] let him go." This story shows the importance of penises to God, and his hatred of foreskins. 4:24
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/lev/15.html#16

Jerk off and be unclean until the even!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Found one more fun quote

Deuteronomy 7:6

For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Nice of him to remind us how inferrior we are.

It seems that the entire first half of the bible be summerized as "How to take it up the ass from God."
Last edited by Spyder on 2002-09-04 06:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Acutal more likley you mess with God and I'm gonna give your the Biblical smack-down, DO THOUIST HEARTH ME!

And don't forget as its fun to point out. The old testmate was the only part of the Bible where God was directly invovled :twisted:

Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

The old testiment: Tales of the almighty celestial dickmagnet.
Priesto
Fundamentalist Moron

Post by Priesto »

Mr Bean wrote:Ahh I turn to the Devil thread and see who else has posted here but Priesto

Let us countiue
You still do not understand.Stating something as religious babble, which proves that.You have said what I already stated, only turning my statements into complete garbage.This is all basic elementary, yet you say I'm the one who is ignorant
If you notice I said Yaadaa Yaadaa for a reason but then since you posted this you did not notice it at all, The fact YOU do not understand is that Murder is Murder but I could never get you to acknolwedge that no matter how hard I tried beause that would make God EVIL, Despite the fact that he is along with being a Genocidal Tyranical Rasicst but I can't get you to admit that because it means the basics of your religion is flawed.
Why does the Devil exist? we all have fallen from God, to get back to him we accept Jesus as our savior.But it's not so easy if there is another path that is just as tempting except bad.The world is one big training camp, we are the trainees
Right. Agian the Concept of Orgional Sin rears its head, Just because people we never met or knew did somthing wrong we are still to blaim, Can you see the Hypcorasy of this? Tell me if I demanded one hundred million dollers from the Roman-Church for their Actions during the Crusades and ten million dollers from each of the smaller sub faiths that have any sort of tie to the Roman church and then one million dollers from everyone who's ever visted Rome in the last quarter Centuary would you think that claim is redicous?
Without resistence there'd be no point for us to be down here, and everyone would be on the right hand of God.But satan causes the resistence.We fell from heaven due to lucifer and his rebeliousness.Our only way back is through Jesus.
The one who hires a hitman, wants someone destroyed.The one who hires a hitman pays him.The one who hires a hitman decides on how the hitman goes about destroying.The one who hires a hitman, tells them when to strike. All God does is limits satan, when it comes to temptations.
Acutal to be factial it costs extra to tell the hitman how you want somone killed generaly its 2k-10k American dollers and tell them you want somone dead and thats that, But back to the main point.
So your saying here God lets Satan temp people but only a certian amount and controls what he temps with
Hmmm Gee that still means God is a Fault even if as you describe this is a boot-camp any Boot-Camp in which people who mess up a little bit(Need I remind you of the 97 ways you can go to Hell in the Bible?) go strait to hell, And if you never heard of the Boot-Camp you go to hell, If you go to another Boot-camp(Religion) you go to hell

And of course if you died before Jesus you go to hell automaticaly.
With todays popluation and statiscis that rounds out to around 5.3 Billion People Going to Hell, What a wonderful Guy that God of yours is, Remeber when it(Well according to your religion) was only .01% Going to Heaven each year and the rest of the popluas went to Hell?

And of course the Young, Don't forget them, going to Hell them to

Since each of us can bare a different amount of burden.God knows what we can handle, it is up to realize this for ourselves.A hitman doesn't provide a way out for the very person he is trying to kill.
More Religous trip and a single add-on about Hitmen since you don't know much about them, Tradtional depending on the Hitman offering to pay double will be way out for the target
But then proffisonal Tradtional Hit-men are largly no-exstant and most peope do thier own killing
You use an example that has little relevence.The little kid was not commanded to do this.Eve's eating of the apple was no accident.The tree of knowledge didn't hurt mankind, man did by dis-obeying God.You want to blame all of man's bad decisions on God, for presenting a test he didn't pass though he could've.It is all based on what man decided to do.
Ahh I see so doing one bad thing is enough for ETERNAL DAMMNATION
What a nice guy the Lord is
Don't forget according to you all the people before Jesus came went to Hell :twisted:
And my example was spot on because I provided more than one, From the existance of Suffering to Lucifer to the Tree to Hell itself, HE did it all for no other reason than to punish man
God fights for all that is good.Evil will always fail.We are to be soldiers for christ.If you think it means we are to go around condeming sinners, you are in-correct.We fight evil with Love not hate.The people are not who we fight, it is the sin.So if you see a christian soldier as someone bad, that's fine by me.Jesus simply stated the future and that is when he comes to cast judgement.Bringing a sword=judgement
*Sigh Religous Trip but thanks to your own source its OH so easy to refuit
Numbers Numbers 31:14-18
Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man

Deuteronomy 2:30-34
When Sihon and all his army came out to meet us in battle at Jahaz, the LORD our God delivered him over to us and we struck him down, together with his sons and his whole army. At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them--men, women and children. We left no survivors.

Deuteronomy 3:2-6
The LORD said to me, "Do not be afraid of him, for I have handed him over to you with his whole army and his land. Do to him what you did to Sihon king of the Amorites, who reigned in Heshbon." So the LORD our God also gave into our hands Og king of Bashan and all his army. We struck them down, leaving no survivors. At that time we took all his cities. There was not one of the sixty cities that we did not take from them--the whole region of Argob, Og's kingdom in Bashan. All these cities were fortified with high walls and with gates and bars, and there were also a great many unwalled villages. We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city--men, women and children.

Deuteronomy 7:1-5
When the LORD your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations--the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, seven nations larger and stronger than you-- and when the LORD your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the LORD's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you. This is what you are to do to them: Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones, cut down their Asherah poles and burn their idols in the fire.

Joshua 6:20-21
When the trumpets sounded, the people shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the people gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so every man charged straight in, and they took the city. They devoted the city to the LORD and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it--men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys

Joshua 8:24-25
When Israel had finished killing all the men of Ai in the fields and in the desert where they had chased them, and when every one of them had been put to the sword, all the Israelites returned to Ai and killed those who were in it. Twelve thousand men and women fell that day--all the people of Ai

Joshua 10:28-40
That day Joshua took Makkedah. He put the city and its king to the sword and totally destroyed everyone in it. He left no survivors. And he did to the king of Makkedah as he had done to the king of Jericho.
Then Joshua and all Israel with him moved on from Makkedah to Libnah and attacked it. The LORD also gave that city and its king into Israel's hand. The city and everyone in it Joshua put to the sword. He left no survivors there. And he did to its king as he had done to the king of Jericho.
Then Joshua and all Israel with him moved on from Libnah to Lachish; he took up positions against it and attacked it. The LORD handed Lachish over to Israel, and Joshua took it on the second day. The city and everyone in it he put to the sword, just as he had done to Libnah. Meanwhile, Horam king of Gezer had come up to help Lachish, but Joshua defeated him and his army--until no survivors were left.
Then Joshua and all Israel with him moved on from Lachish to Eglon; they took up positions against it and attacked it. They captured it that same day and put it to the sword and totally destroyed everyone in it, just as they had done to Lachish.
Then Joshua and all Israel with him went up from Eglon to Hebron and attacked it. They took the city and put it to the sword, together with its king, its villages and everyone in it. They left no survivors. Just as at Eglon, they totally destroyed it and everyone in it.
Then Joshua and all Israel with him turned around and attacked Debir. They took the city, its king and its villages, and put them to the sword. Everyone in it they totally destroyed. They left no survivors. They did to Debir and its king as they had done to Libnah and its king and to Hebron.
So Joshua subdued the whole region, including the hill country, the Negev, the western foothills and the mountain slopes, together with all their kings. He left no survivors. He totally destroyed all who breathed, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded.

Judges 1:8
The men of Judah attacked Jerusalem also and took it. They put the city to the sword and set it on fire.

Judges 1:23-25
When they sent men to spy out Bethel, the spies saw a man coming out of the city and they said to him, "Show us how to get into the city and we will see that you are treated well." So he showed them, and they put the city to the sword but spared the man and his whole family.

Samuel 15:3-8
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. So Saul summoned the men and mustered them at Telaim--two hundred thousand foot soldiers and ten thousand men from Judah ... Then Saul attacked the Amalekites all the way from Havilah to Shur, to the east of Egypt. He took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and all his people he totally destroyed with the sword.

Samuel 27:8-9
Now David and his men went up and raided the Geshurites, the Girzites and the Amalekites. Whenever David attacked an area, he did not leave a man or woman alive

Chronicles 15:12-13
And they entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul; That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
I've trust I've made my point about the Christian Soliders Bit
And NTM all of those where By Direct Order of God and helped by Him, Pretty Nice soliders there....

Now onto the last part
The caaninites were a group of people not a race.Just as Sodom and Gomorrah was a group of people.Of course anyone is lesser than dogs if they are so deep in sin.The jews were the chosen people, not the only people.Chosen is a term that means that group of people know better and are specifically commanded to do God's work. Jesus had supper with sinners and taught them.It was the pharisees who did not accept Jesus, and they were Jews.
Deeper in Sin? Thats rich, Furthmore for your information a Race is NOTHING MORE than a group of people who share similar Genetic Ansestry. Thanks for Ackolwedging my point about Not Equal, Now will you go into Animal Farm esk, Some are MORE equal than others?

And two last points
So a chosen people means nothing if you don't act like it anyways.
THE FACT THERE WAS A "CHOOSEN" PEOPLE TO BEGIN WITH MEANS GOD IS RACIST. Are you that blind that you can't understand the relationship here? IF everyone is Equal HOW can thier be a Lesser people or a Choosen one? If they act Choosen or not is a Straw-man aurgment thats not the question at hand but thanks you've already concided that God is Racist by the mear extistance of greater and lesser people
So your example of a peaceful country is also pointless.
How so? Because the Cannites where NOT Accepting Jesus, that means its ok to take them as Slaves?

So you don't miss this, I'll make it very lage
So far you have said it was ok for everything from people taking Slaves to Genocide, Will you next be advoctating the benfits of Child Molestation? When I ask about Slaves you said it was ok because God said so, When I asked about Genocide you said it was ok because they did it for God. WTF kind of Morals do you have Priesto?

Whats up bean? how ya feeling? You are under many mis-conceptions, but it's cool.Repenting of sins is always possible, so doing one bad thing will never send you to hell.God makes sure all know of Jesus, them not knowing Jesus in life on this earth only means they'll learn of him on the other side.If the good out weighs the bad, you don't go to hell.
Lucifer tempted the angels in heaven as he tempted eve, but the tempted become this willingly, which puts us at fault.This is the case in any situation.Next, man is not equal to God.So man doesn't know all and is not pure good, therefore only man can murder.Original sin makes sin for we are all GOd's children and were all once in heaven.But it's alright, since you don't know better.I mean that in non insulting way. One brought sin into the world, that one affects us all and we must all deal with it.
If Gods judgement is to be executed through his children then so be it.But your using of those biblical accounts no longer matter now.This is the 21st century, war is no longer physical it's spiritual.
Finally, yes the defenitions are the same except your implications.Blacks,Latinos,whites,asians,Indians, and so forth all have different spiritual characteristics and strenghts.God picks based on the hearts of those people, not race.They are groups of people with different characteristics, but God is a God of variety and a God of many colors.That's why there are different races and not one.It's like a painting and God is the painter.God sees he needs a little of this color or that color to complete the picture, he'll do so.Remember to look at the whole picture and not just part of it.
John 3:16
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Priesto wrote:Blacks,Latinos,whites,asians,Indians, and so forth all have different spiritual characteristics and strenghts.God picks based on the hearts of those people, not race.They are groups of people with different characteristics, but God is a God of variety and a God of many colors.That's why there are different races and not one.It's like a painting and God is the painter.God sees he needs a little of this color or that color to complete the picture, he'll do so.Remember to look at the whole picture and not just part of it.
I sure wish he could see his great great black grandfathers running naked in the African forests. Maybe God will show him in the afterlife as condemnation for being a fundie in this one.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ahh good it seems Priesto is back, Time to have a bit more fun with him
God makes sure all know of Jesus, them not knowing Jesus in life on this earth only means they'll learn of him on the other side.If the good out weighs the bad, you don't go to hell.
Riiiiiiiiiiiighhht

OR we could read the Bible and see
Whoever that does not seek the God of Israel must be executed.
Chr.15:13
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven
Matthew 10:33

I'm sorry Priesto but the book is quite specfic if you don't belive in God your going to Hell( :roll: )
Lucifer tempted the angels in heaven as he tempted eve, but the tempted become this willingly, which puts us at fault.This is the case in any situation.Next, man is not equal to God.So man doesn't know all and is not pure good, therefore only man can murder.Original sin makes sin for we are all GOd's children and were all once in heaven.But it's alright, since you don't know better
Ahh the Classic I'm better than you so its ok than you don't belive in the evil Tyranical Racist all-powerful being that I do :roll:
If Gods judgement is to be executed through his children then so be it.But your using of those biblical accounts no longer matter now.This is the 21st century, war is no longer physical it's spiritual.
WTF Bull-shit is this? War is no Longer Physical?
So I guess Bush droped all those bombs with the Power of his Spirt eh? Damn why does he not just take over the world now with those kind of superpowers
Finally, yes the defenitions are the same except your implications.Blacks,Latinos,whites,asians,Indians, and so forth all have different spiritual characteristics and strenghts.God picks based on the hearts of those people, not race.
Riiiight
Despite the numrours referances that the Jews where the chosen people of God and the Cannites according to Jesus where a Lesser people?

So now your just going to look me in the eye and lie?

But hey your the one worshping the one who says quite a bit to kill every single non-christian out there exactly 49 times in both the new and old testmates and happens to be quite a racsist so why should I expect any diffrent from you?

I'll say this for your Priesto your a model Chrisitain

Nick
Jedi Knight

Post by Nick »

Mr Bean wrote:I'll say this for your Priesto your a model Chrisitain
Well, a model fundie anyway:

Biblical literalist. . . except when it's inconvenient.

God is love. . . but evil is necessary

God is omnipotent. . . but providing proof of his existence is pointless

God won't burden us more than we can bear. . . so when we break, its our fault.

Oh, Eleas - that amoeba comment was too good to pass up :)
"People should buy our toaster because it toasts bread the best, not because it has the only plug that fits in the outlet" - Robert Morris, Almaden Research Center (IBM)

"If you have any faith in the human race you have too much." - Enlightenment
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Nick wrote:Oh, Eleas - that amoeba comment was too good to pass up :)
Smoke if you got 'em. :D
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Uhhh...Priesto, how can you say that war is no longer physical? Do you live in a country with access to the media? Wait, scratch that. You have to be, to be able to post on this forum. If war isn't physical anymore, then what's the defunct war on drugs? The ongoing "war on terror?" The suggested war on Iraq? More importantly, how can you wage spiritual war? Is everyone psychic but me?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Priesto wrote: Whats up bean? how ya feeling? You are under many mis-conceptions, but it's cool.Repenting of sins is always possible, so doing one bad thing will never send you to hell.God makes sure all know of Jesus, them not knowing Jesus in life on this earth only means they'll learn of him on the other side.If the good out weighs the bad, you don't go to hell.
Lucifer tempted the angels in heaven as he tempted eve, but the tempted become this willingly, which puts us at fault.This is the case in any situation.Next, man is not equal to God.So man doesn't know all and is not pure good, therefore only man can murder.Original sin makes sin for we are all GOd's children and were all once in heaven.But it's alright, since you don't know better.I mean that in non insulting way. One brought sin into the world, that one affects us all and we must all deal with it.
Finally, yes the defenitions are the same except your implications.Blacks,Latinos,whites,asians,Indians, and so forth all have different spiritual characteristics and strenghts.God picks based on the hearts of those people, not race.They are groups of people with different characteristics, but God is a God of variety and a God of many colors.That's why there are different races and not one.It's like a painting and God is the painter.God sees he needs a little of this color or that color to complete the picture, he'll do so.Remember to look at the whole picture and not just part of it.

What I want to point out here is that Priesto fails to use spaces after periods and some commas. What does this say about him? His life is just one run-on sentence? How odd it is that someone cannot put a simple SPACE after a period. And for someone who is so religious, he fails to capitalize Him or His when he is referring to God. I always though that whenever you reference Him, you are to capitalize the noun that refers to God. After all, any other god is not capitalized unless you use his/her name.

Any thoughts?
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Kelly Antilles wrote:
What I want to point out here is that Priesto fails to use spaces after periods and some commas. What does this say about him? His life is just one run-on sentence? How odd it is that someone cannot put a simple SPACE after a period. And for someone who is so religious, he fails to capitalize Him or His when he is referring to God. I always though that whenever you reference Him, you are to capitalize the noun that refers to God. After all, any other god is not capitalized unless you use his/her name.

Any thoughts?
I find it more likely that he simply hasn't discovered joys of the Shift key yet. :)

Welcome to our parlor, by the way.
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Thanks for the warm welcome Eleas. :)

I have a couple of friends from Australia who turned me on to the forum. I just finally had to reply to the fundie. *heh* So, here I am.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Kelly Antilles wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome Eleas. :)
My pleasure.

Hey, cool! So that's how it feels to be an Old One. :D
I have a couple of friends from Australia who turned me on to the forum. I just finally had to reply to the fundie. *heh* So, here I am.
Well, it's a good way to introduce oneself, I give you that. Just don't expect anything you tell him to have any impact.

It's like much beating the crap out of an rubber doll with a baseball bat: amusing for the moment, but ultimately wearysome and fruitless.
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe