Hahah, JWs just knocked

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Not to question Nit's decision... well, okay, I am. But wouldn't this be better in SLAM now given the nature of the debate?
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:Not to question Nit's decision... well, okay, I am. But wouldn't this be better in SLAM now given the nature of the debate?
How dare you.. Well, yea, you may be right. I was asked to move to OT, but after review, it is SLAM. Once more, with feeling!
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Metrion Cascade
Village Idiot

Post by Metrion Cascade »

How do non-profits work in the UK? Are the JWs considered one?
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Enigma wrote:Surlethe, read the sentence afterwards where it said,
"Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man’s existence coincides with the sabbathlike thousand-year reign of Christ"
Does that sound that we endorsed 1975? No. It was just a possibility not a definite fact. It was not the WB&TS that came up with the date. They only said it could be a possibility. The questions were raised by a few JWs if that date meant the arrival of Armaggedon.

EDIT: The Kingdom of God existed before but Christ began reigning as king on 1914.
Wow, you really are a sophistic little shit, aren't you? Or perhaps you are just an illiterate little moron:
...we consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished by the end of A.D. 1914
This refers to the Earth, not heavan as the context makes quite clear. Now, either concede that your "predictions" are bullshit or fuck off.

And as for the 1975 date, they had been insinuating that the end of the 6000 years would mark the begining of Christ's rule on Earth, so their insinuations were quite clear. Moreover, as Rye points out, there is the little matter of archaeology and suchlike.

AND you have NOT commented on the other dates yet. 1914 and 1975 were not the only dates mentioned by the Watchtower society.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
drachefly
Jedi Master

Post by drachefly »

Lord Zentei != Surlethe
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

"Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man’s existence coincides with the sabbathlike thousand-year reign of Christ"
Does that sound that we endorsed 1975? No. It was just a possibility not a definite fact. It was not the WB&TS that came up with the date. They only said it could be a possibility. The questions were raised by a few JWs if that date meant the arrival of Armaggedon.

EDIT: The Kingdom of God existed before but Christ began reigning as king on 1914.

EDIT: I meant Lord Zentei not Surlethe.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Lord Zentei wrote:
Enigma wrote:After 1914 we never set any specific date other than time is short.
O RLY?

From an older thread:
The Dark wrote:Quotes from various members of the Watchtower Society:
Charles Taze Russell, 1889 wrote:snip
He referred to the *kingdoms* of the world and not the world itself. It was also said that God's Kingdom was established on that year with Christ as king.

[quote="The Time Is At Hand, 1915""The Finished Mystery, 1917""J. E. Rutherford, 1918""J. E. Rutherford, 1922"]snip[/quote]
Can't comment about the above quotes since I cannot find those books nor any references to that quote in any of the literature that I have.[/quote]
The Watchtower, August 15, 1968 wrote:Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man’s existence coincides with the sabbathlike thousand-year reign of Christ....Our chronology, however, which is reasonably accurate (but admittedly not infallible), at the best only points to the autumn of 1975 as the end of 6,000 years of man’s existence on earth.
I have already replied about that article.
As for the quotes, for now I will concede until I can find the related literature.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Enigma wrote:He referred to the *kingdoms* of the world and not the world itself. It was also said that God's Kingdom was established on that year with Christ as king.
Unfortunately, the "kingdoms of the world" were NOT overthrown. :roll: And the "full establishment" of God's kingdom was to have been in the context of that prediction, as you well know.
Enigma wrote:I have already replied about that article.
As for the quotes, for now I will concede until I can find the related literature.
You have already dodged about that article, you mean. But I accept your concession.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Cao Cao
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cao Cao »

I once told a couple of JW's that I was well aware the end of the world is coming soon, thanked them for trying to save me but declined as my spaceship was prepped and ready to leave this planet on the eve of the rapture.

They haven't been back since..
"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."~Teal'c
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Oh, yeah JW.

I am famous in my street for my handling of them. the JW still visit our street, but the pass our house only on the opposite sidewalk.

It started when they knocked in the morning (I just returned from a good mosh pit of doom, and I slept im my clothes. Anybody who wakes me up before 10 am, or in such cases, 10 PM is signed up for severe punishment.)

JW: Good Morning, which is your confession? (voice like pesky birds singing in trees)
I: roman-catholic and suspicious. (ultra dark, I screamed the whole night - voice)
JW:(confused) Do you believe in God?
I: No I sacrifice to lord belzebub himself.

Imagine the reaction if a longhaired, pale guy with "LOTR" around his eyes, a stained black robe, etc. tells you that with a straigth face...

The rest was just stuttering and retreat. they never knocked again.

I sometimes considered to make a counter-propanda magazine - "Siegetower" or something like that. Positioning right next to them in the underground staitions, and unlike them, taking to the poeple, telling them how utterly retarded the JW are. I bet I'd sell more mags than them. :D
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

LaCroix wrote:Oh, yeah JW.

I am famous in my street for my handling of them. the JW still visit our street, but the pass our house only on the opposite sidewalk.

It started when they knocked in the morning (I just returned from a good mosh pit of doom, and I slept im my clothes. Anybody who wakes me up before 10 am, or in such cases, 10 PM is signed up for severe punishment.)

JW: Good Morning, which is your confession? (voice like pesky birds singing in trees)
I: roman-catholic and suspicious. (ultra dark, I screamed the whole night - voice)
JW:(confused) Do you believe in God?
I: No I sacrifice to lord belzebub himself.

Imagine the reaction if a longhaired, pale guy with "LOTR" around his eyes, a stained black robe, etc. tells you that with a straigth face...

The rest was just stuttering and retreat. they never knocked again.

I sometimes considered to make a counter-propanda magazine - "Siegetower" or something like that. Positioning right next to them in the underground staitions, and unlike them, taking to the poeple, telling them how utterly retarded the JW are. I bet I'd sell more mags than them. :D
You have accomplished with two sentences what it took my mother about 80-ish decibels of volume and some very choice epiethets to do; my hat is off to you, sir.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

LaCroix wrote:I sometimes considered to make a counter-propanda magazine - "Siegetower" or something like that. Positioning right next to them in the underground staitions, and unlike them, taking to the poeple, telling them how utterly retarded the JW are. I bet I'd sell more mags than them. :D
<Palpatine>DO IT. Release your anger; it will make you powerful!</Palpatine>
Image Image