Help Please

Important articles, websites, quotes, information etc. that can come in handy when discussing or debating religious or science-related topics

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

cadbrowser
Padawan Learner

Help Please

Post by cadbrowser »

I am in need of a link that, in layman's terms, describes why you cannot prove a negative. I though it was here on ST.NET, but I am not finding it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Financing and Managing a webcomic called Geeks & Goblins.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy
"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded." - Sparky Polastri
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum." - Frank Nada
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: Help Please

Post by Borgholio »

Because to be certain you have proven a negative, you actually have to be positive.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
cadbrowser
Padawan Learner

Re: Help Please

Post by cadbrowser »

LOL, I'm serious tho.
If you prove a positive of a situation where it is 100% sure that it is either positive or negative, you prove the negative is not the case.
I am having trouble articulating why the above statement, from a scientific/logical standpoint, is false. I believe I remember Mike having a nice article regarding the topic at hand, but I am unable to access his creationtheory.org website due to it being blocked.
Financing and Managing a webcomic called Geeks & Goblins.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy
"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded." - Sparky Polastri
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum." - Frank Nada