Asking for an opinion on a youtube debate

Get advice, tips, or help with science or religion debates that you are currently participating in.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Rontu
Redshirt

Asking for an opinion on a youtube debate

Post by Rontu »

I had/have a debate in youtube comments with an other user about the Dunning-Kruger effect. I have the name Mehatos I argued with Tespri, here is link: (should I give the debate here in it's entirety?)
https://plus.google.com/u/0/11485416704 ... BxsA3KV6Lu

It started with me providing a reference to a paper of Dunning and Kruger since he denied that any peer-review paper existed on the subject and devoled from there.
I want to ask you of your opinion of the debate, things I did right/wrong, wether it was ok to lose my temper.

I'm hoping to learn from this since I could get him to stay on topic and answer my point, but I do not know what I did correctly or not and I am hoping you could help.

Thank for your help!
jwl
Jedi Master

Re: Asking for an opinion on a youtube debate

Post by jwl »

You should have just googled the title of the study, possibly followed by the word "preprint". I did that and instantly found a free version that you could have linked him. http://psych.colorado.edu/~vanboven/tea ... unning.pdf
Rontu
Redshirt

Post by Rontu »

OK thank you. Anything else?

Does anybody have tips on how I can show that my opponent hasn't answered my points? I felt quite aggravated that he would use the length of my replies to not answer them. :banghead:
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

it's youtube. nothing is moderated. you can't make someone behave. don't bother
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee