Need help finding legal statistics on sentencing and race.

Get advice, tips, or help with science or religion debates that you are currently participating in.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

RIPP_n_WIPE
Jedi Knight

Need help finding legal statistics on sentencing and race.

Post by RIPP_n_WIPE »

I've been searching for some stats on sentencing and race, to hopefully show a correlation between black persons of the same age group receiving harsher sentences for crimes than persons of other races and within the same age group. It's related to a thread I ended up in on about Wright, that turned into something on racism and crime. Every article I've seen though has been available in legal journals and my school doesn't have access to them. I've looked on jstor and ebsco and still haven't found anything.

I am the hammer, I am the right hand of my Lord. The instrument of His will and the gauntlet about His fist. The tip of His spear, the edge of His sword. I am His wrath just as he is my shield. I am the bane of His foes and the woe of the treacherous. I am the end.

-Ravus Ordo Militis

"Fear and ignorance claim the unwary and the incomplete. The wise man may flinch away from their embrace if he girds his soul with the armour of contempt."