Studies on psyhics

Get advice, tips, or help with science or religion debates that you are currently participating in.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Studies on psyhics

Post by Zixinus »

I would like to show serious and heavy evidence to any future psychic I may come across. Academic studies specifically. Now, I know they will No True Scotsman till the cow comes home, but I want to show something to the fence sitters and people that still have some degree of sanity and reason left.

I would look for it myself, but I am not familiar such literature and I am hoping that some people here might be.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
wjs7744
Padawan Learner

Post by wjs7744 »

Is it such a good idea to try to prevent evidence against them? The burden of proof is clearly not with you, and it might be better to remind people of this.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Maybe, maybe not. However, if I ever have to justify my position, I want ammunition like this. The response to this will be No True Scotsman, which I can point out.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Really, does no one know any such studies?
Credo!
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

Zixinus wrote:Really, does no one know any such studies?
Not off hand, but the JREF archives probably list any studies that have been done, and they probably talk such things up on the JREF forums, so I'd try there.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"