[Official Thread] OBAMA WINS RE-ELECTION

View threads from the forum's history which have been deemed important, noteworthy, or which do a good job of covering frequently raised issues.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Block
Jedi Council Member

Re: [Official Thread] OBAMA WINS RE-ELECTION

Post by Block »

Borgholio wrote:
Block wrote: See, but the problem is that the kind of casual disregard for other human beings that shows IS evil. It's pretty much the definition of evil.
Evil is deliberately doing something harmful to someone else without a morally justifiable reason. Oversight or simply not being interested enough in the welfare of his campaign team to make certain they have a way home isn't evil. Shitty yes, but not evil. In fact, the latter option would fit just fine with the attitudes he displayed when he worked with Bain...

Now if he deliberately stranded them as revenge for "not winning him the election" then yes that's definitely evil.
No, it's still evil. The committing cruel acts with casual indifference to how it affects others is sociopathic. Doing it with the intent of hurting someone may be more dickish, but it's not particularly more evil.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Block wrote: No, it's still evil. The committing cruel acts with casual indifference to how it affects others is sociopathic. Doing it with the intent of hurting someone may be more dickish, but it's not particularly more evil.
No, what I'm saying is that if he knew they had no way home and he did it anyways, it's evil. If he honestly didn't think about it, it's careless yes...but not evil.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Obama could have lost FLOHVA and still win with 272 EVs.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Borgholio wrote:
Block wrote: No, it's still evil. The committing cruel acts with casual indifference to how it affects others is sociopathic. Doing it with the intent of hurting someone may be more dickish, but it's not particularly more evil.
No, what I'm saying is that if he knew they had no way home and he did it anyways, it's evil. If he honestly didn't think about it, it's careless yes...but not evil.
Can we cut the whining over semantics and just agree that Romney's a dick?

It seems like people are a little too quick to apply sociopath to just about anyone around here.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Not to backseat mod... But aren't we getting to the point where this whole thing should be zipped up and placed in the "Famous Thread" archives?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

General Zod wrote:
Can we cut the whining over semantics and just agree that Romney's a dick?

Yes. Yes we can.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Channel72
Jedi Council Member

Post by Channel72 »

So has anyone heard this story going around claiming that, back in the early 2000s, Romney shut down Bain capital for a day, and led all his employees on a manhunt to search for his business partner's missing daughter?

I heard this story for the first time a few days ago, and it sounded like one of those obviously false Internet rumors, but apparently it actually happened. (Wall Street Journal and Snopes also claim it's true.)

Since this incident seems to portray Romney as a genuinely likeable, heroic guy, I wonder why the Romney campaign failed to really capitalize on it. One staunch Republican I know insists it's because the liberal media buried the story - but even Fox News seems to have never brought it up. Perhaps the Romney campaign thought it might backfire somehow - but at least I think it would have helped counteract public perception that Romney is just this cold-hearted corporate profit machine.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Not to backseat mod... But aren't we getting to the point where this whole thing should be zipped up and placed in the "Famous Thread" archives?
Yes, I think that may be prudent.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.