OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD

View threads from the forum's history which have been deemed important, noteworthy, or which do a good job of covering frequently raised issues.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Re: OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD

Post by CaptHawkeye »

Bluewolf wrote:I wonder if Trump wants a long form death certificate.
I'm sure he's about to claim it was him and his ninja toupee that killed Bin Laden.
Best care anywhere.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

FSTargetDrone wrote:
Thanas wrote:Apparently killed in a firefight with special forces.
No US forces killed in the mission. Nor, apparently, non-combatants.

Didn't say the last part. All he said that care was taken to avoid civ. casualties, not that there were none.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

CaptHawkeye wrote:
Bluewolf wrote:I wonder if Trump wants a long form death certificate.
I'm sure he's about to claim it was him and his ninja toupee that killed Bin Laden.
I wonder if this was why Obama was really laying into him over the weekend, knowing that you had this story ready to break once the raid went down would be the 2 of a killer 1-2.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Thanas wrote:Didn't say the last part. All he said that care was taken to avoid civ. casualties, not that there were none.
Noted, thanks. Doing multiple things here while watching. :)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That was a beautifully staged scene. The camera, and how Obama just powerwalked into the scene through the long shiny hall. That looked real good. Obama's moment of triumph.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I hope Obama now gets to do the "Justice for all" part of his declaration and congress will move swiftly on terror trials (real trials). This should get Obama enough political clout that he can push this through congress if he truly wants to.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Bluewolf wrote:Image
Today, BTW, happens to be the eight anniversary of The Decider's "Mission Accomplished" wankfest aboard the Abraham Lincoln. That bit of photoshoppery is just sooooo appropriate.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
eion
Jedi Master

Post by eion »

Shrome Man 777 wrote:That was a beautifully staged scene. The camera, and how Obama just powerwalked into the scene through the long shiny hall. That looked real good. Obama's moment of triumph.
That's why they use the East Room for those.

NBC is reporting that it was Navy Seals that carried out the operation, and that a Pakistani helo may have been involved.
erik_t
Jedi Master

Post by erik_t »

No shit? That's quite the coincidence. Eight is even a relevant number.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:That was a beautifully staged scene. The camera, and how Obama just powerwalked into the scene through the long shiny hall. That looked real good. Obama's moment of triumph.
Good finish too. Walk away down the nice long corridor again. #swag
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

erik_t wrote:No shit? That's quite the coincidence. Eight is even a relevant number.
How do you mean?
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
erik_t
Jedi Master

Post by erik_t »

Another thing that spoke to me was the fact that Obama authorized a ground operation within Pakistan with our special forces - that's fraught with immense risk and danger politically.
Lord Relvenous wrote:How do you mean?
Well, it's two presidential terms.
Last edited by erik_t on 2011-05-01 11:52pm, edited 1 time in total.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Lord Relvenous wrote:
erik_t wrote:No shit? That's quite the coincidence. Eight is even a relevant number.
How do you mean?
Bush's presidency.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

ABC News 24 is reporting that there's a goddamn street party outside the White House right now.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:That was a beautifully staged scene. The camera, and how Obama just powerwalked into the scene through the long shiny hall. That looked real good. Obama's moment of triumph.

It helps that there was an actual triumph involved. Compare that to shrubby's stunt with the aircraft carrier where all we'd done was steamroll the conventional forces of a nation that wasn't even involved. Our forces got the main man behind 9/11 on Obama's watch, years after the righties "war president" referred to him as irrelevant. This must be seriously sticking in their collective craws.

After I get done celebrating the fact that Osama is dead, I think i'll lurk some more right-wing forums and drink their tears. I'm certain they will be...........delicious.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

weemadando wrote:ABC News 24 is reporting that there's a goddamn street party outside the White House right now.
People gathered to sing the National Anthem and God Bless America.
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Abbottabad is pretty far from the Afghan border, as a matter of fact it's practically next to Azad Kashmir.

Wonder how much Pakistan was in on the know then.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Block wrote:
weemadando wrote:ABC News 24 is reporting that there's a goddamn street party outside the White House right now.
The footage they were showing was not people hand on heart singing the national anthem. It was people flipping the fuck out and celebrating.
AMT
Jedi Knight

Post by AMT »

Block wrote:
And We Are the Champions, apparently.
Go Queen!
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Thanas wrote:I hope Obama now gets to do the "Justice for all" part of his declaration and congress will move swiftly on terror trials (real trials). This should get Obama enough political clout that he can push this through congress if he truly wants to.
Exactly. Now we get to see once and for all if Obama was just caving in because of the political atmosphere, or because he really doesn't give a shit about human rights.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

At the risk of me tooing and shit, fuck yes, it's about cunting time. And Obama was the one to get the credit, which is just icing on that dead cocksucker cake. Now I wanna see the body.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

FSTargetDrone wrote:
Lord Relvenous wrote:
How do you mean?
Bush's presidency.
As I suspected.

I'm just surprised that Osama was alive for us to kill him.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
MarxII
Youngling

Post by MarxII »

As a layperson I wonder, how much will we be told about the operation itself and the organizations involved, beyond Obama's brief summing up?
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

And it only took most of a decade! Ah well, come 9/11 I'll knock back a drink for vengance and it will taste sweet.

So... now what? Where do we go from here? Nothing about world politics has seriously changed, though public opinon at home will. So, Return to Normalacy, or Brotherhood of Nations?

I doubt many details will be forthcoming.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud