OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD

View threads from the forum's history which have been deemed important, noteworthy, or which do a good job of covering frequently raised issues.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Re: OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD

Post by Dark Hellion »

Well, 72 virgins just got their new DM.

And on a more serious note, I am curious how the ultra-right is going to attempt to spin this. It seems like killing Bin Laden is the kind of political goldmine that never stops giving, especially after the embarrassing failure of Bush to do so. Will this present an opportunity to further fracture the loony fringe from the "normal" far-right or will it see a decay into utter madness? Or perhaps a mild return to sanity as some are forced to recognize an Obama achievement for the first time?
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Congratulations America, and congratulations to Barry Muslim Dude (BMD) and American Barry Man (BMD). After those anti-American unpatriotic traitors tried to distract America with their false-flag diversion operation that wasted eight years and countless freedom-loving American lives, FINALLY one of America's sons, born on her freedom-loving soil, has righted these wrongs and done the ultimate patriotic thing in the universe! Birth certificates, lambasting Donald Trump and making terrible jokes at his expense, and now killing Osama bin Laden? Today is a good day to be President. Those Hyper Patriotic Conservative Americans should dub him HEROBAMA instead of Zerobama. He did in four years what their beloved Decider couldn't do in eight. The graphs say it all.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Dark Hellion wrote:And on a more serious note, I am curious how the ultra-right is going to attempt to spin this. It seems like killing Bin Laden is the kind of political goldmine that never stops giving, especially after the embarrassing failure of Bush to do so. Will this present an opportunity to further fracture the loony fringe from the "normal" far-right or will it see a decay into utter madness? Or perhaps a mild return to sanity as some are forced to recognize an Obama achievement for the first time?
Count on the decay into utter madness. Obama just got reelected and there's not a fucking thing they can do about it.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Alphawolf55 wrote:"In 3 years, I passed major health care, fought Republicans tooth and nail, saw democracy take root in the middle east and killed Osama Bin Laden, the Republicans had Washington for 8 and all they did was get us into iraq and tank the economy'
Political gold. Tourists are singing the US National Anthem outside the White House right now.
Fire Fly
Jedi Council Member

Post by Fire Fly »

Alphawolf55 wrote:"In 3 years, I passed major health care, fought Republicans tooth and nail, saw democracy take root in the middle east and killed Osama Bin Laden, the Republicans had Washington for 8 and all they did was get us into iraq and tank the economy'
Obama could also use this to make a case for withdrawing from Afghanistan.
scythewielder
Youngling

Post by scythewielder »

If true, then congratulations to those responsible and good riddance to OBL's murderous madness.

Perhaps we can say that this is more of a symbolic victory than anything else, but that doesn't make it any less powerful in both political and, I dare say, moral terms. It certainly came at a heavy price for everyone involved though, in so many different ways. Hopefully this will mark the true beginning of the end for what has been a very dark chapter of recent world -not just American- history.
Last edited by scythewielder on 2011-05-01 11:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

This totally beats Bush finding Saddam in a fucking hole.
Best care anywhere.
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Why is it taking so long for Obama to appear?
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Pelranius wrote:Why is it taking so long for Obama to appear?
Various people in government and world leaders have to be told. Security is doubtless being tightened in sensitive areas. It'll come soon, don't worry.
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

erik_t
Jedi Master

Post by erik_t »

He's knocking back a few, along with the rest of us.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

While we kill some time waiting, speculate on what will be done with the body. I'm guessing incineration. Can't have a grave for people to make pilgrimages to, after all. There is no way they are returning the body to any family, right?
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

Bluewolf wrote:<snip pic>
:lol: Pure gold. This probably will go down as the best moment of Obama's presidency.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Fox News' Geraldo Riviera (while arguing with his own correspondent whether to trust their "rival network's" claim Osama would be living in a mansion): Obama's dead, I don't care how. I mean Osama.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

He's speaking now, it's official Osama is dead now for details.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

He is speaking now and confirmed it.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Obama's at the plate right now.
Aasharu
Youngling

Post by Aasharu »

My computer can't live stream for some reason, what is he saying?
Traveller
Youngling

Post by Traveller »

Dont worry merica, your elites will fabricate another Emmanuel Goldstein for you to rage against soon enough. I guess someone felt the need to close the Osama Bin Rogane operation, leave the field open for the next 'mastermind' that threatens the American Empire world peace.

No doubt, there will be woodies all over america tonight. But of course, the fake global war on terror will go on, and on....and on. Osomba Bam Lindens 'death', is just another distraction in an endless series of distractions, in a 'war' that is not supposed to end. So, crow, thump your chests declare victory, whatever gets you off. But tommorow, nothing changes, except maybe you can get used to President O-bomber for 4 more years.

Just remeber, You have always been at war with Osomber Bim Logen.
erik_t
Jedi Master

Post by erik_t »

FSTargetDrone wrote:While we kill some time waiting, speculate on what will be done with the body. I'm guessing incineration. Can't have a grave for people to make pilgrimages to, after all. There is no way they are returning the body to any family, right?
Give them the damned body. We don't need it. Motherfucker's dead, that's good enough for me.
erik_t
Jedi Master

Post by erik_t »

Traveller wrote:Dont worry merica, your elites will fabricate another Emmanuel Goldstein for you to rage against soon enough. I guess someone felt the need to close the Osama Bin Rogane operation, leave the field open for the next 'mastermind' that threatens the American Empire world peace.

No doubt, there will be woodies all over america tonight. But of course, the fake global war on terror will go on, and on....and on. Osomba Bam Lindens 'death', is just another distraction in an endless series of distractions, in a 'war' that is not supposed to end. So, crow, thump your chests declare victory, whatever gets you off. But tommorow, nothing changes, except maybe you can get used to President O-bomber for 4 more years.

Just remeber, You have always been at war with Osomber Bim Logen.
(makes dismissive wanking motion)
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

I wonder if Trump wants a long form death certificate.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Apparently killed in a firefight with special forces.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Well it's about fucking time.

But hey, at least this means that the Dems might finally be able to shuck the "we're soft on terror, so please bend us over the hill every day" thing. Even just a little bit.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Thanas wrote:Apparently killed in a firefight with special forces.
No US forces killed in the mission. Nor, apparently, non-combatants.