[Official Thread] OBAMA WINS RE-ELECTION

View threads from the forum's history which have been deemed important, noteworthy, or which do a good job of covering frequently raised issues.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Lord MJ
Jedi Council Member

Re: [Official Thread] 2012 US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

Post by Lord MJ »

And about the security issue. How many guards would be reasonable for Chris Stevens to have with him. 4 additional? So say he had 4 additional guards. Wouldn't it be just as likely that we have 8 dead Americans instead of 4.

And what does this have to do with Obama? Other than the fact it's his job to clean up the mess in the aftermath.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Lord MJ wrote:And about the security issue. How many guards would be reasonable for Chris Stevens to have with him. 4 additional? So say he had 4 additional guards. Wouldn't it be just as likely that we have 8 dead Americans instead of 4.

And what does this have to do with Obama? Other than the fact it's his job to clean up the mess in the aftermath.
The security issue isn't the question at this point. Secretary Clinton has already taken responsibility for it - and in doing so she remembered the first rule of the screw up - it's not that act that gets you, it's the cover-up.

President Obama and his administration blamed non-existent protests about the video for weeks afterword - even when everyone else (including those from the government who have testified before Congress) knew better.

It's this disconnect that is the vulnerability.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Polling is all over the place. Yesterday, Obama jumped ahead in the 538 forecast to over 70% based on strong state polling; however, today he dropped a few despite doing better in national tracking polls. We may not yet be seeing the full effects of post-debate polling, though.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Dalton wrote:Polling is all over the place. Yesterday, Obama jumped ahead in the 538 forecast to over 70% based on strong state polling; however, today he dropped a few despite doing better in national tracking polls. We may not yet be seeing the full effects of post-debate polling, though.
Speaking of FiveThirtyEight, Nate Silver was on the Jon Stewart show talking about polling and you can see it at FiveThirtyEight front page.
Lord MJ
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord MJ »

The conservative outrage over the "Not Optimal" comment is outrageous to me. John Stewart asks Obama "Do you agree that the response was not optimal?" To which Obama replies "Anytime you have four Americans killed it's not optimal."

Even one of the deceased mothers is crying outrage.

Can't make a simple and reasonable comment that someone in a position of responsibility should make, because a bunch of children will find some reason to fume over it.

Sometimes I think we as a country deserve whatever we get...
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Apparently Tagg Romney's company has purchased the firm that operates polling machines in Ohio.

Seems legit.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

New NBC/WSJ poll has O & R tied at 47% in national polls.
To Absent Friends

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

For the most part the only polls I really follow are on 538. Which show Obama consistanty, if slowly, pulling ahead in all polls. Of course the REAL Important ones are state by state.
Something that did trouble me on 538 this morning. While the chance of Ohio going to Obama is back over 70%, Florida is now 74% in favor Romney. That is not a good sign.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:For the most part the only polls I really follow are on 538. Which show Obama consistanty, if slowly, pulling ahead in all polls. Of course the REAL Important ones are state by state.
Something that did trouble me on 538 this morning. While the chance of Ohio going to Obama is back over 70%, Florida is now 74% in favor Romney. That is not a good sign.
I wouldn't actually be that concerned with Ohio and Florida this election. They're big electoral vote states, sure, but if you monkey around with some of the maps online, even if Mittens wins them both it's still a race for him to play catch-up.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Oh I know that, I am not worried about Obama loosing, I am worried about the election being 'close'. I Want him to Crush Romeny, I want the Gop to go into another hysterical panic the same way they did after 08. I want the Dems to think that maybe, MAYBE America actually WANTS Progressive policy, instead of constantly thinking they are being 'too liberal".

So yeah, as far as electoral math goes, Mittens would HAVE to win Florida, Ohio, and one other battleground state. And of all the ones the media talks about, the only 'real" toss up is Colorado. Navada, Iowa, NH and WI are all leaning very heavy to Obama.

If Obama picks up all of those AND wins Florida (as wel as Ohio) it will put at 319 to 219, a full 100 electoral votes above Romey. Smaller then 08, but still a clear message that he kicked Mittens ass.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Oh I know that, I am not worried about Obama loosing, I am worried about the election being 'close'. I Want him to Crush Romeny, I want the Gop to go into another hysterical panic the same way they did after 08. I want the Dems to think that maybe, MAYBE America actually WANTS Progressive policy, instead of constantly thinking they are being 'too liberal".
Uh. What?

If the Democrats achieve FLAWLESS VICTORY in November, it sure-as-hell will not be due to a voter desire for Progressive policies. It will be because the average voter wants his gleeful cackling that comes with his daily dose of gruel from the company store to be less blatant and come with less moustache-twirling. The only far-left progressive Democrats all come from mostly safe seats. Everyone else takes their money and marching orders from a slightly different mix of the same sort of people who give money and marching orders to their GOP counterparts.

If you saw a lot more progressive Democrats like Raul Grijalva crushing "centrist" incumbents in the primary races, going on to win against GOP contenders in the main races ... that would be a solid sign to the Democrats that, just maybe, American voters are getting tired of being treated like slaves to corporate greed.
Channel72
Jedi Council Member

Post by Channel72 »

Obama will probably win the electoral vote by a significant margin (not AS significant as 2008 probably), but the popular vote will be very close. Regardless of the outcome, nothing changes the fact that the United States remains a very conservative nation for the most part.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Hmm, news about Iran nuke talks now is oddly convenient timing.
To Absent Friends

Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Trump supposedly has an "October surprise" that will "change the election"; supposedly he will share it tomorrow, but Radar Online says that Trump will claim that Obama used and sold cocaine in college. It's a revelation so damning that the Romney campaign outright rejected it. Seriously, first birther bullshit and now he's a cokehead? I think they're thinking of W.
To Absent Friends

Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Dalton wrote:Trump supposedly has an "October surprise" that will "change the election"; supposedly he will share it tomorrow, but Radar Online says that Trump will claim that Obama used and sold cocaine in college. It's a revelation so damning that the Romney campaign outright rejected it. Seriously, first birther bullshit and now he's a cokehead? I think they're thinking of W.
And now the Daily Mail is claiming that Trump has unearthed "divorce papers" between the Obamas.

Maybe it's because there's a Celebrity Apprentice all-stars series coming out soon.
To Absent Friends

CaptJodan
Jedi Council Member

Post by CaptJodan »

Dalton wrote: And now the Daily Mail is claiming that Trump has unearthed "divorce papers" between the Obamas.

Maybe it's because there's a Celebrity Apprentice all-stars series coming out soon.
How would this change the election and be earth shattering and all that shit? They considered divorce, they worked through their issues, didn't go through with divorce, and have a stable and seemingly happy marriage now. Yay for traditional family values. That story would be a non-issue at worst and a plus for Obama at best.
It's Jodan, not Jordan. If you can't quote it right, I will mock you.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

I have no fucking idea. The Donald has a history of making these grandiose claims - remember the birth certificate nonsense? - and it'll be nothing more than a press conference that Obama is probably going to interrupt anyway.
To Absent Friends

Dalton

Post by Dalton »

...the official press release from Donald Trump? If Obama releases his college transcripts and passport records, Trump will donate $5 million to charity. And again takes credit for getting Obama to release his long-form birth certificate ("or whatever it is he released" - douchebag).

Windbag rides again.
To Absent Friends

UnderAGreySky
Jedi Knight

Post by UnderAGreySky »

That's it?

That's fucking it?

You know, I really feel bad for Obama. He has more enemies in his countrymen than he does elsewhere. I notice that the blowhard with the toupee hasn't asked Mittens to release his tax records.

I think I'll go offline for a bit, I need to calm down.
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

:wtf:

Wha...bu...HUH???

That is...even for Trump that is odd...
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

UnderAGreySky wrote:That's it?

That's fucking it?

You know, I really feel bad for Obama. He has more enemies in his countrymen than he does elsewhere. I notice that the blowhard with the toupee hasn't asked Mittens to release his tax records.

I think I'll go offline for a bit, I need to calm down.
The best part was some assclown on the FB comments section saying that people asking for Mittens tax records should get over it.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
CaptJodan
Jedi Council Member

Post by CaptJodan »

That was even more anti-climatic than I was expecting. What a hollow, empty shell of a man he has become. It is truly a desperate attempt to continue to be relevant when he isn't relevant at all. He is a sad, pathetic little man.
It's Jodan, not Jordan. If you can't quote it right, I will mock you.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

I question if he has the 5 million to give away.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Apparently Vegas refunded peoples money this was such a sham.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Also, his grammar and spelling is atrocious. "Hilary Clinton", "they were strong in demanding it's release", etc. awkward as shit, even when it's not outright incorrect.