US Election 2008 Results Thread

View threads from the forum's history which have been deemed important, noteworthy, or which do a good job of covering frequently raised issues.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

President McCain 2008/President Obama 2008?

Poll ended at 2008-11-05 01:47pm

President Barack Obama(D)/Vice President Joe Biden(D)
88%
Senator John McCain(R)/Vice President Sarah Palin(R)
7%
I plan to vote/throw my vote away for a third party candidate
6%

Total votes: 260

Duckie
Sith Marauder

Re: US Election 2008 Results Thread

Post by Duckie »

in 5 minutes, New York, Rhode Island, Louisiana, the last tiny piece of Texas, the last tiny piece of Kansas, the other half of South Dakota, the last 3/4s of North Dakota, Wisconsin, a small piece of Upper Peninsula Michigan, Minnesota, Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

CNN projection: Hagan wins in NC
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

A few minutes to the next batch.
That puts me at 35 McCain. :? Oh well.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

The Romulan Republic wrote:I have electoral collage math at 107 Obama, 27 McCain based on CNN. Is that about right, or am I missing anything?
CNN is showing 102-34 right now with Obama holding:
CT (7), DC (3), DE (3), IL(21), MA (12), MD (10), ME (4 including CD-1 and CD-2 but it looks like CNN is holding off on one of these), NH (4), NJ (15), PA (21), and VT (3). Again that shoudl be 103 so it looks like CNN must not be calling one of the ME votes.

McCain has KY (8), OK (7), TN (11), SC (8) whcih does equal his 34.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Broomstick wrote:As of now, Indiana is 52% McCain and 47% Obama, but Lake County hasn't reported yet which is a solidly Democratic county, and quite populous.

Remarkably, PORTER county went blue.

Many counties haven't even started to report in, most that have are rural and quite conservative. Indiana is too close to call, it could tip to Obama once the urbanized NW fully reports in.
Jesus, my county went for Obama by fourteen percent (with 92% of precincts reporting). Who'd have thought that Muncie would ever vote Democrat?

Evansville, Terre Haute, Vincennes, Muncie, Anderson, South Bend -- all blue. Only Fort Wayne went red (!).
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Did anyone catch the McCain spokesperson? Dutch TV reports he was pretty sombre.
D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Post by D.Turtle »

MSNBC called Alabama and Georgia for Obama while CNN hasn't. Thats the 24 vote difference between them.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

CNN is showing 102-34 right now with Obama holding:
CT (7), DC (3), DE (3), IL(21), MA (12), MD (10), ME (4 including CD-1 and CD-2 but it looks like CNN is holding off on one of these), NH (4), NJ (15), PA (21), and VT (3). Again that shoudl be 103 so it looks like CNN must not be calling one of the ME votes.

McCain has KY (8), OK (7), TN (11), SC (8) whcih does equal his 34.
Earlier they said Maine was one that split its electoral votes, and that three were going to Obama. I assumed the fourth was going to McCain, but I guess not called.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Alabama called by CNN.

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Bounty wrote:Did anyone catch the McCain spokesperson? Dutch TV reports he was pretty sombre.
Good.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

MSNBC is so quick on the trigger. North Dakota called for McCain. # of votes? 430. In one county.

Arizona is too close to call though.
Aratech
Jedi Knight

Post by Aratech »

D.Turtle wrote:MSNBC called Alabama and Georgia for Obama while CNN hasn't. Thats the 24 vote difference between them.
I will laugh my bloody head of if those flip blue.
"Impossible! Lasers can't even harm out deflector dish! Clearly these foes are masters of illusion!' 'But sir, my console says we-' 'MASTERS OF ILLUSION! - General Schatten
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

A whole bunch just came in for Obama.

I have it at 174 to 49.

Texas still competative.

D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Post by D.Turtle »

MSNCB now at 175-70.

Texas, Louisiana, Nebraska, South Dakota are all too early to call :P
Psychic_Sandwich
Padawan Learner

Post by Psychic_Sandwich »

According to the BBC, Fox has called Ohio for Obama.
R1X5.13
Redshirt
Location: 53 53 64 74 49 47 35 76 64 43 42 30 5a 57 78 73 61 57 35 6e 4c 67 3d 3d

Post by R1X5.13 »

In precinct 38.3 in Buncombe county, NC the final official tally out of 548 voters the results were 365 Mcain and 164 for Obama. It is a Republican district however.

what really shocked me was how few voters showed up. the precinct has well over 2500 voters in it.

Granted most early voted. but still, we had over 800 in the Primary
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Well Obama is running away with it, sure as sure. In fact it looks like the exact opposite of the Bradley effect happened in this election.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Ar-Adunakhor
Jedi Knight

Post by Ar-Adunakhor »

For those of you counting electoral votes and coming up off by one, Maine split 3/1 for Obama. It can divide it's electorals, as can Nebraska.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Psychic_Sandwich wrote:According to the BBC, Fox has called Ohio for Obama.
The wife is watching Fox, they came back and reported an error in the check mark, Ohio is still too close to call per Fox.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Ar-Adunakhor wrote:For those of you counting electoral votes and coming up off by one, Maine split 3/1 for Obama. It can divide it's electorals, as can Nebraska.
Right now its divided 3: Obama 1: Undecided

* They now have Obama at 174 on CNN which, if my math is correct, means they ahve given him all 4 Maine EVs.
Last edited by CmdrWilkens on 2008-11-04 09:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Kingdom of Heaven
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

The guys on CNN seem to be consciously reminding themselves to say if Obama wins. They've been all but calling it for Obama since Pennsylvania went to him.

Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Psychic_Sandwich wrote:According to the BBC, Fox has called Ohio for Obama.
E-V has 61%, 38% obama, McCain with 2% counted.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

The Romulan Republic wrote:The guys on CNN seem to be consciously reminding themselves to say if Obama wins. They've been all but calling it for Obama since Pennsylvania went to him.
Yeah, it's been getting blatantly obvious the last hour or so. There's not a soul in that room giving McCain a chance any more.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Bounty wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:The guys on CNN seem to be consciously reminding themselves to say if Obama wins. They've been all but calling it for Obama since Pennsylvania went to him.
Yeah, it's been getting blatantly obvious the last hour or so. There's not a soul in that room giving McCain a chance any more.
Same with MSNBC, which has ever since the beginning of the night.

Florida is at 250,000 ahead without Miami-Dade, Pensacola, or Palm Beach. The middle one of those 3 will cause the lead to narrow, but Miami and Palm Beach should be counterbalances at minimum. Florida looks good.

What the fuck is going on with Virginia though? It's 50% done, with NOVA being counted, and yet it's still a ton of votes behind (50k). North Carolina is ahead of Virginia.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

52 seats have been called for the Democrats in the Senate. 33 for Republicans. 15 Undecided.

House: 67 Democrats, 38 Republicans, 330 Seats Uncalled. I'm sure if they would focus on the house they'd get some called, but it seems like we're seeing the Democrats do very well.