OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD

View threads from the forum's history which have been deemed important, noteworthy, or which do a good job of covering frequently raised issues.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Havok
Miscreant

Re: OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD

Post by Havok »

Speaking of politicizing this event... it's interesting, now that the security meeting timeline has been given, that President Obama chose to release his birth certificate just before this operation.

Kinda like, "Yes, I am an American, and this is how an American does things." :lol:

Maybe not the most blatant political move, but there had to be some forethought into the timing.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
erik_t
Jedi Master

Post by erik_t »

WOOOOO IT'S A HAPPY DAY SO LET'S ALL BE AS BITCHY AND PISSANT AS POSSIBLE.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

NecronLord wrote:Hey shep. Maybe you should change your avatar to this?
Done!

Oh, as an addenum to where OBL was hiding....

A huge compound that burns it's trash and has no phones or internet and is inhabited...like hell ISI isn't gonna check in on that one.

One rumor has it that the ISI built that compound five years ago at no cost specifically for OBL or either some high ranking Taliban official.

So yeah...we finally get an idea of how OBL managed to evade us for so long...
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Count Chocula wrote:
Havok wrote:No one needs to point out Shep's hypocrisy to anyone here.
Shep's been pretty consistent in his America-Fuck-Yeah-ism here, so take your hypocrisy slam and stick it up a Honda Shadow's tailpipe! That IS your ride, Hav, *I'm a smarmy asshole*? :)
He bagged on me and others for bringing up the idea of politicizing this event, to which someone posted how much Shep did that with (I'm assuming) Bush. I wasn't referring to his overcompensation of "America Fuck Yeah".
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Michael Garrity
Youngling

Post by Michael Garrity »

This is how Judge Roy Bean would have sentenced OBL:

‘Osama Bin Laden,in a few short weeks it will be spring.
The snows of winter will flow away, the ice will vanish, the air will
become soft and balmy.

In short, Osama Bin Laden, the annual miracle of the years will awaken and come to pass. But you won’t be there.

The rivulet will run it’s soaring course to the sea. The timid desert flowers
will put forth their tender shoots. The glorious valleys of this imperial domain will
blossom as the rose.
Still, you willnot be here to see.

From every treetop, some wild woods songster will carol his mating song. Butterflies will sport in the sunshine. The gentle breeze will tease the tassels of the wild grasses,and all
Nature, Osama Bin Laden, will be glad.

But you will not be here to enjoy it. Because I command the sheriff to lead you away to some remote spot, swing you by the neck from a knotting bough of some sturdy oak, and let you hang until dead.

And then , Osama Bin Laden, I further command that such officer retire quickly from your dangling corpse, that vultures may descend from the heavens upon your filthy body until nothing shall remain but bare, bleached bones of a coldblooded, bloodthirsty,throat-cutting,murdering S.O.B

This doth favor my countenance with a smile........ :D

Mike Garrity
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

I forgot this little Family Guy gem, enjoy.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Osama dead? It is remarkable how many people see this as a triumph. A triumph of what? In 2001, America wasn't involved in several overseas wars. Now it is. I feel the dead Osama got the last laugh. Please explain to me what, other than proper retribution for Osama's involvement in the 2001 terrorist acts, is a triumph here?

But I do love Shep's new avatar. :twisted:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Enjoy your 72 Virginians, you son of a bitch!
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Michael Garrity
Youngling

Post by Michael Garrity »

Highlord Laan wrote:Enjoy your 72 Virginians, you son of a bitch!
I thought it was 72 Veterinarians.... :mrgreen:

Mike Garrity
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

In the crowd at the site of the Twin Towers, a sailor in fatigues is holding a piece of cardboard scrawled in marker with:
Obama 1
Osama 0
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

Havok wrote:He bagged on me and others for bringing up the idea of politicizing this event, to which someone posted how much Shep did that with (I'm assuming) Bush. I wasn't referring to his overcompensation of "America Fuck Yeah".
Oh OK, I wasn't around for most of the Bush Fuck Yeah! repartee, so never mind.

And I didn't really mean that Honda Shadow crack. I wouldn't wish one of those on my worst enemy. I'd stick my worst enemy with an AMF-manufactured Sporster! :twisted:
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

FSTargetDrone wrote:In the crowd at the site of the Twin Towers, a sailor in fatigues is holding a piece of cardboard scrawled in marker with:
Obama 1
Osama 0
Another fellow had the same thing written on a tablet (iPad?).

Great minds think alike. 8)
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Are those people in a designated free speech zone? No? ARREST THEM ALL.
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

Stas Bush wrote:Osama dead? It is remarkable how many people see this as a triumph. A triumph of what? In 2001, America wasn't involved in several overseas wars. Now it is. I feel the dead Osama got the last laugh. Please explain to me what, other than proper retribution for Osama's involvement in the 2001 terrorist acts, is a triumph here?

But I do love Shep's new avatar.
Well thanks to us in a time long gone, bin Laden gave the Russian Army quite the headache. C'mon, tell me you don't feel just a little love for the crew that took down the Crazed Cossack Killer? Remember, Stingers don't kill Hinds, fanatics with itchy trigger fingers AND Stingers kill Hinds! bin Laden was as much your bete noire as he was ours.
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

FSTargetDrone wrote:In the crowd at the site of the Twin Towers, a sailor in fatigues is holding a piece of cardboard scrawled in marker with:
Obama 1
Osama 0
Ah, simple binary morality. It's so nice to see you here.
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

This is great news, I busted out the Johnnie Walker Gold and thought about Osama biting one and all my brothers holding it down in Afghanistan right now. I wonder if any other high leadership was properly dispatched and how much intelligence they garnered from the place. Oh, and CNN had video of the complex burning, looks like an AC-130 slagged the place.
Formerly the artist known as Captain Lennox

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Stas Bush wrote:Osama dead? It is remarkable how many people see this as a triumph. A triumph of what? In 2001, America wasn't involved in several overseas wars. Now it is. I feel the dead Osama got the last laugh. Please explain to me what, other than proper retribution for Osama's involvement in the 2001 terrorist acts, is a triumph here?

But I do love Shep's new avatar. :twisted:
Despite the terms 'victory', 'win' or 'triumph', Americans view it as what you do and what it is: getting revenge for the attacks on September 11th 2001. It is vengeance for 3000 lives lost. Nothing more than that.

The wars that we entered into were the failures of a retard, elected by retards, who was not able to accomplish this. Afghanistan can also basically be wiped off our boards as far as having a military presence there, outside of any aide we have committed to.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

In purely operational terms this was one of the riskiest and most daring special forces operations in world history, being conducted three hundred kilometers behind allied enemy lines where the ISI might well intervene directly to defend him, considering that his luxury villa in a vacation town 50km north of Rawalpindi had to be an ISI funded safehouse. It's no surprise that no prisoners were taken and the damaged helicopter was fired on the ground--they were operating at extreme margins, and there was no way prisoners could be afforded if they intended to escape from Pakistan and avoid a clusterfuck which could easily have led to a war.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Havok wrote: Despite the terms 'victory', 'win' or 'triumph', Americans view it as what you do and what it is: getting revenge for the attacks on September 11th 2001. It is vengeance for 3000 lives lost. Nothing more than that.
It is something more than revenge, just as arresting or killing any murderer is- it ensures he cannot commit future crimes.
The wars that we entered into were the failures of a retard, elected by retards, who was not able to accomplish this. Afghanistan can also basically be wiped off our boards as far as having a military presence there, outside of any aide we have committed to.
Personally I believe that remaining in Afghanistan is justified, because that place is a mess largely because of America's own actions, and if the Taliban take over again it'll probably be a source of future terror attacks.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

As far as the speech, I think it was over done and over dramatic. I get why, but personally, it didn't do anything for me after the initial news was broken.

The ending made me cringe as well. Who's idea was it to put what is as close to a nursery rhyme as can be into a presidential address and at the ending of what is going to be one of the most re-watched speeches in history?
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

There doesn't need to be anything beyond that surely? A shitbag got the retribution he deserved.

And there was much rejoicing.

Sure, it doesn't solve many actual problems, but revenge and justice have been enacted, which is good.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Havok wrote: Despite the terms 'victory', 'win' or 'triumph', Americans view it as what you do and what it is: getting revenge for the attacks on September 11th 2001. It is vengeance for 3000 lives lost. Nothing more than that.
It is something more than revenge, just as arresting or killing any murderer is- it ensures he cannot commit future crimes.
He didn't 'commit' any crimes other than giving the orders. Terrorist attacks will still be carried out in his name and by Al-Queda, however, the attacks on 9-11 are directly connected to his name and no matter which accomplices we captured or killed, there would be NO feeling of justice until Bin Laden himself were killed. That is vengeance or if you want the politically correct term, justice.
Personally I believe that remaining in Afghanistan is justified, because that place is a mess largely because of America's own actions, and if the Taliban take over again it'll probably be a source of future terror attacks.
It may be justified, but we would have never gone in there if it weren't to go after Bin Laden. As I said, there is no reason left to conduct military operations there outside of any protection or assistance that we committed to in the course of trying to find Bin Laden.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

MKSheppard wrote:5 MB GIF, you have been warned.

AMERICA FUCK YEAH.
It will be better when Obama is driving. George vanquished his own enemies. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)