[Official Thread] OBAMA WINS RE-ELECTION

View threads from the forum's history which have been deemed important, noteworthy, or which do a good job of covering frequently raised issues.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Re: [Official Thread] OBAMA WINS RE-ELECTION

Post by Tribun »

JME2 wrote:
Dalton wrote:Romney campaign is not conceding Ohio.
Oh, go fuck yourself Mittens. Cry me a fucking river.
Funny thing is, as it looks right now, Obama will have more options, if he wins the remaining four states (Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, Florida), just Nevada and Colorado (where he's leading) would actually make Ohio obsolete.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

I would have posted about this earlier, but I had to go to work. I had to go to three different places, equalling a ten mile drive, to vote today. Appearantly my district has been changed since 2010.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

FYI Fox News is saying that the Colorado total Pot legalization initiative will pass.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
CaptJodan
Jedi Council Member

Post by CaptJodan »

Well since Ohio is called but not confirmed (66% of the vote in IS a pretty early call), I'll throw out some of Florida's numbers.

91% of the vote in.

3,981,794 Obama
3,935,589 Romney

There was one county not recording anything and then jumped to 100%, and it was a Romney county, so it closed some of that gap from earlier.
It's Jodan, not Jordan. If you can't quote it right, I will mock you.
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

The Fake G-Man is talking right now, trying to justify not giving Obama a mandate.

"We're heading to the decision desk where we'll do a little interrogation" - Fox News, they're interrogating their own decision desk.
Channel72
Jedi Council Member

Post by Channel72 »

Jesus, Florida is close. I'm so sick of Florida.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Channel72 wrote:When it's convenient for my current political views, I support the electoral college.

I've always supported the electoral college, and I'm damn proud of it.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Fuck, Obama just won Nevada. When he wins Colorado, Romney can't deny it any longer.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
Channel72 wrote:When it's convenient for my current political views, I support the electoral college.

I've always supported the electoral college, and I'm damn proud of it.
Glad there's another one out there.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Romney could win all the other states right now and still lose. It's over.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Why I support the electoral college:

It prevents a regional fanaticism from dictating control of the entire nation, like in the days when the Dixiecrat pro-segregation party was popular in the south. If southern whites turn out, to take an extreme example, 90% for a candidate who wants to reenslave blacks while marching under confederate banners, should we bow to their candidate being elected?

Conversely if a regional political movement like the Progressives in Wisconsin with LaFollette's paramilitary guards with fixed bayonets at the start of his campaign in the 1930s were to completely dominate the sympathies of a regional part of the electorate, should that be allowed to dictate the direction of the nation?

Basically the Electoral College prevents a movement which excites total lockstep sympathy in a small part of the US from dominating the whole nation. People hate it when it means their candidate loses and love it when they win, but when you get down to it, it does its job.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Gandalf wrote:
Flagg wrote:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Karl Rove isn't conceding either. It's pretty funny.
That's what you get by letting a blubbering vagina on TV.

But anyways, 4 more years. Yay?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

CNN has Romney with a 6000-vote lead on Obama in Ohio - but Cuyahoga County (ie Cleveland) still has half its precincts left to report - Romney won't exactly be making many gains out of that.

EDIT: Scratch that, Romney's up almost twenty thousand now. No reporting change in Cuyahoga.
Last edited by Scottish Ninja on 2012-11-06 11:55pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

And Romney just took the vote total back in Ohio.

Shades of 2000?

SN - Romney improved the early vote totals vs 2008.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

And it doesn't matter worth a hill of beans. Even if the media was premature in calling Ohio and it flips to Romney . . . Obama still crushes Romney into a pulpy paste with his (up to) 314 delegates in the Electoral College. So yeah . . . Romney can go fuck himself with a cactus.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

fgalkin wrote:
Gandalf wrote:Karl Rove isn't conceding either. It's pretty funny.
That's what you get by letting a blubbering vagina on TV.

But anyways, 4 more years. Yay?
What's weird is the way in which everyone around him is acting. It's like they're trying to console a small child.

I expect a Hitler Downfall video about it soon enough. :P
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

PhilosopherOfSorts wrote:I would have posted about this earlier, but I had to go to work. I had to go to three different places, equalling a ten mile drive, to vote today. Appearantly my district has
been changed since 2010.
Yup, the beauty of the census and the redrawing of district lines.

Though New York did send voting information stating the new polling sites so I had no problem.

With the results coming in, I didn't have to vote for any Democrats in this election, ha.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Already the republican vultures lawyers are circling this one :lol:
Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

Mitt's campaign needs to save face. This was an embarrassingly bad performance. How do you lose almost every swing state, with so many people convinced that Obama's the Antichrist? You offer up a lousy candidate like Romney.
"They're not triangular, but they are more or less blade-shaped"- Thrawn McEwok on the shape of Bakura destroyers

"Lovely. It's known as impugning character regarding statement of professional qualifications' in the legal world"- Karen Traviss, crying libel because I said that no soldier she interviewed would claim that he can take on billion-to-one odds

"I've already laid out rules for this thread that we're not going to make these evidential demands"- Dark Moose on supporting your claims
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Now we have to wait for Obama winning Colorado, so that Romney can no longer pretend that election is still open.
Channel72
Jedi Council Member

Post by Channel72 »

Republican defeat is always one of life's most succulent pleasures. What will the GOP learn from this experience? Most likely, nothing.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

/pol/ over on 4chan is absolutely hysterical right now.
JADAFETWA
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Cuyahoga County is heavily Democratic. I don't think Romney will pull a last-minute upset in Ohio.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

And even if he did Nevada and Colorado are both enough to make it not matter.

(Plus Florida and Virgina, which are both leaning Obama)
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

How can anyone in their right mind support the Electoral College? It effectively disenfranchises you if you live in specific states that have demographics that will ALWAYS vote one way, while disproportionately making the undecided voters valuable in a handful of arbitrary swing states? It's an outdated system from an era where each state had to send a guy on a horse to cast the ballot to Washington, and to when Virginia had a staggering population imbalance compared to the rest of the union.