Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "A committee is a cul-de-sac down which ideas are lured and then quietly strangled." - Barnett Cocks, British political writer (1907-)

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
 Post subject: Re: OMG! Design the next USS ENTERPRISE (Offical Contest) PostPosted: 2011-09-07 02:39pm
Emperor's Hand

Chimaera wrote:
Skywalker_T-65 wrote:
You know, looking at that design more closely, it is better than some others I have seen. At least it is better than the Galaxy, despite the double neck. I have never liked the E-D, to me it looks like someone took an Independence Day saucer and put the Engineering hull on as an after thought. But that is just my opinion.

Well, considering The Next Generation started, oooh, 9 years before Independence Day came out, I'd say that was crap. Plus, the E-D is a gorgeous ship, thanking you.

I'd say the E-D looks lovely from the front - but its back end with those ridiculously tiny nacelles needs a major overhaul. STO went a ways towards allowing that, at least.

Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Post subject: Re: OMG! Design the next USS ENTERPRISE (Offical Contest) PostPosted: 2011-09-07 03:20pm
Jedi Council Member

Quote:
Well, considering The Next Generation started, oooh, 9 years before Independence Day came out, I'd say that was crap. Plus, the E-D is a gorgeous ship, thanking you.

I am well aware of when ID came out thank you. I just used the easiest example, unless you would prefer for me to say, 'generic flying saucer'. And I never said the ship was ugly, per-se, I just think others look better. Because when you look at it from the top, the saucer dominates the ship. But hey, if you like the design more power to you, I've always been a fan of the more warship looking ones. To be honest the Exclesior is my favorite design.

SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE

Post subject: Re: OMG! Design the next USS ENTERPRISE (Offical Contest) PostPosted: 2012-02-04 02:55pm
Jedi Knight

Star Trek Online has released the Enterprise F.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgkwtuH5_QQ

Gotta admit she's a real beauty.

-

I added a little more polish after getting Andrew Probert's help. Mostly she's just smoother around the neck/strut area.

www.crossovercomic.com

Post subject: Re: OMG! Design the next USS ENTERPRISE (Offical Contest) PostPosted: 2012-02-04 03:03pm
Castellan

It does look better in the game than I thought it would. But I still think yours was better.

"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams" - Hamlet

Post subject: Re: OMG! Design the next USS ENTERPRISE (Offical Contest) PostPosted: 2012-02-06 11:37pm
Jedi Knight

I have come to appreciate the Odyssey as they're now calling it but I still want to fly yours, Fuzzy. :(

Now I need to trawl back through this thread and look for a new wallpaper.

"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"

Post subject: Re: OMG! Design the next USS ENTERPRISE (Offical Contest) PostPosted: 2012-02-07 05:36pm
Sith Marauder

Very sleek. The neck looks silly. Fill in the big hole and it would be a decent design, though a bit too much like the Sovereign.

Post subject: Re: OMG! Design the next USS ENTERPRISE (Offical Contest) PostPosted: 2012-02-09 02:27am
Emperor's Hand

Scottish Ninja wrote:
I have come to appreciate the Odyssey as they're now calling it but I still want to fly yours, Fuzzy. :(

Now I need to trawl back through this thread and look for a new wallpaper.

Absolutely, whole-heartedly agree.
The Odyssey is the new star cruiser - Fuzzy's design should be the new assault cruiser.

Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Post subject: Re: OMG! Design the next USS ENTERPRISE (Offical Contest) PostPosted: 2012-04-09 01:25am
Redshirt

Fuzzy - I just spent the last hour reading through this forum - never knew about the design the next F contest.

Sorry if this has been answered (I may have missed it) - what length in meters is your proposed F?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26