OMG! Design the next USS ENTERPRISE (Offical Contest)

View original artwork, poems, etc. that have been created by this forum's members.

Moderator: Beowulf

Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Re: OMG! Design the next USS ENTERPRISE (Offical Contest)

Post by Molyneux »

Chimaera wrote:
Skywalker_T-65 wrote:You know, looking at that design more closely, it is better than some others I have seen. At least it is better than the Galaxy, despite the double neck. I have never liked the E-D, to me it looks like someone took an Independence Day saucer and put the Engineering hull on as an after thought. But that is just my opinion.
Well, considering The Next Generation started, oooh, 9 years before Independence Day came out, I'd say that was crap. Plus, the E-D is a gorgeous ship, thanking you.
I'd say the E-D looks lovely from the front - but its back end with those ridiculously tiny nacelles needs a major overhaul. STO went a ways towards allowing that, at least.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Well, considering The Next Generation started, oooh, 9 years before Independence Day came out, I'd say that was crap. Plus, the E-D is a gorgeous ship, thanking you.
I am well aware of when ID came out thank you. I just used the easiest example, unless you would prefer for me to say, 'generic flying saucer'. And I never said the ship was ugly, per-se, I just think others look better. Because when you look at it from the top, the saucer dominates the ship. But hey, if you like the design more power to you, I've always been a fan of the more warship looking ones. To be honest the Exclesior is my favorite design.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Fuzzy_Modem
BANNED

Post by Fuzzy_Modem »

Star Trek Online has released the Enterprise F.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgkwtuH5_QQ

Gotta admit she's a real beauty.

-

I added a little more polish after getting Andrew Probert's help. Mostly she's just smoother around the neck/strut area.

PERMANENTLY BANNED after being convicted of child sexual abuse.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

It does look better in the game than I thought it would. But I still think yours was better.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

I have come to appreciate the Odyssey as they're now calling it but I still want to fly yours, Fuzzy. :(

Now I need to trawl back through this thread and look for a new wallpaper.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Very sleek. The neck looks silly. Fill in the big hole and it would be a decent design, though a bit too much like the Sovereign.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Scottish Ninja wrote:I have come to appreciate the Odyssey as they're now calling it but I still want to fly yours, Fuzzy. :(

Now I need to trawl back through this thread and look for a new wallpaper.
Absolutely, whole-heartedly agree.
The Odyssey is the new star cruiser - Fuzzy's design should be the new assault cruiser.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
guyver408
Redshirt

Post by guyver408 »

Fuzzy - I just spent the last hour reading through this forum - never knew about the design the next F contest.

Sorry if this has been answered (I may have missed it) - what length in meters is your proposed F?