The Cooler King's Artwork

View original artwork, poems, etc. that have been created by this forum's members.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Re: The Cooler King's Artwork

Post by The Cooler King »

It's been a while (I've been busy with classes and such), but moar artwork herein.

Charcoal sketch of a still life in my Intermediate Drawing class. The instructor used a lot of brown paper for texture, and used some harsh lighting to get us to concentrate on tone.

We had to take a photograph and use it as the basis for a contour drawing; I used this famous Vietnam War photo as the basis for mine.

I just decided to try and draw an AVP scenario.

The Demon of Iron and Violence, a cybernetic monstrosity from the 'Kindred of the East' material for the old World of Darkness setting. I hated the illustration in the 100 Hells book that introduced these bad boys, a kind of uber-powered Terminator. The book illustration made it look almost bishounen-ish, so I decided on a much more brutal approach.

A pinup I did for my friend Dan Nokes, of 21st Century Sandshark Productions. Dan's been writing and drawing his own comics for years, and I was introduced to him about two years ago. I've done a few pinups for him; this is from his book "Adam and Eve: Bizarre Love Triangle in the Zombie Apocalypse".

I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

These are the preliminary sketches for my final project in Intermediate Drawing. We had to draw three pictures, at least 20" x 30", and they had to be linked in some way. Whether that link was technique, medium, subject, or theme was up to us. I decided to do a few scenes from my favorite novel: H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds. These are the initial design sketches, not the finished pieces, so they're a bit rough. All of these preliminaries are in my sketchbook, at 9" x 12", and are done in black and sepia ink, with white charcoal for highlights.

First up... the rise of the first tripod on Horsell Common.

Next: the Writer in a basement, with the Curate being dragged away by a Martian.

Finally: the Writer surveys a pit full of dead Martians and their toppled machines.

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

I've followed your DeviantArt account, Cooler King, and your finished WotW artwork:

War of the Worlds Pic 1
War of the Worlds Pic 2
War of the Worlds Pic 3
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Big Orange wrote:I've followed your DeviantArt account, Cooler King, and your finished WotW artwork:

War of the Worlds Pic 1
War of the Worlds Pic 2
War of the Worlds Pic 3

Thanks, BO. Sorry about the delay on responding, too. I'm just gonna put the finished WotW pieces here as well.

The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

And some more pieces. It's been a while since I posted anything.

Thanos the Mad Titan, done just after seeing The Avengers

Agent Smith, just because.

Robocop, obviously.

Robo vs a Terminator. Based on the old Dark Horse comic miniseries.

Action Avenue
Redshirt

Post by Action Avenue »

Very good artwork. Like your use of ink lines. Keep it up!
Check out my zombie blog http://freakindeadjed.blogspot.com
View my artwork at my studio store at http://zazzle.com/actionave
Visit my deviant art page at http://actionave.deviantart.com
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Most impressive!
Hilan
Redshirt

Post by Hilan »

Thanks very cool designs of art work. The main thing in a design is that it give us an idea which the maker want to convey. So after the concept the other main thing is the creative mind and the good thing is that you have both of these.