Something big

View original artwork, poems, etc. that have been created by this forum's members.

Moderator: Beowulf

U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Re: Something big

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

I screwed up the designation. I thought it was ex, which made sense, but instead, as Phoenix King pointed out, it was ep, standing for Experimental Prototype(I guess). So, any confusion was my own damn fault, Apologies.

I haven't seen Solo yet. I'm only up to R1 and TLJ, due to...RL concerns. But the R1 TIE designs made some sort of sense, and it figures the Empire is goingbto get as much mileage out of the design as posdible, seeing how they've bought so many of them...even, if it means they go off the deep end from time to time.

I'm just surprised there were so relatively few bad designs where the TIE components were concerned.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Weedle McHairybug
Youngling

Post by Weedle McHairybug »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote: 2018-07-28 01:24am I screwed up the designation. I thought it was ex, which made sense, but instead, as Phoenix King pointed out, it was ep, standing for Experimental Prototype(I guess). So, any confusion was my own damn fault, Apologies.

I haven't seen Solo yet. I'm only up to R1 and TLJ, due to...RL concerns. But the R1 TIE designs made some sort of sense, and it figures the Empire is goingbto get as much mileage out of the design as posdible, seeing how they've bought so many of them...even, if it means they go off the deep end from time to time.

I'm just surprised there were so relatively few bad designs where the TIE components were concerned.
To be fair, trying to find TIE/ep didn't match any results on Wookieepedia either. Not sure if that's a fanon name or if Wookieepedia simply never got around to adding it in.

And yeah, there's few bad TIE designs from what I could gather.
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote: 2018-07-28 01:24am I screwed up the designation. I thought it was ex, which made sense, but instead, as Phoenix King pointed out, it was ep, standing for Experimental Prototype(I guess). So, any confusion was my own damn fault, Apologies.

No problem UP the destination is quite... Odd I have not seen the solo yet either
Try tie / M1 M2 m 3 M4...
Bullets always have the right of away
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Weedle McHairybug wrote: 2018-07-28 06:51am

To be fair, trying to find TIE/ep didn't match any results on Wookieepedia either. Not sure if that's a fanon name or if Wookieepedia simply never got around to adding it in.

And yeah, there's few bad TIE designs from what I could gather.
Edit try TIE experimental project
Bullets always have the right of away
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Wookieepedia has the TIE/sk or TIE Striker, this thing:

Seemed a bit bland to me but not bad. Would be better I think if the wings were more winglike and more integrated with the hull body.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Rogue One design, optimized for atmospheric combat. A bit fat bellied for my taste, and the wings could be brought down to the midline(or even below it), but otherwise okay. Certainly not as odd looking as the TIE Preadators(?) from the Legacies comic series.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Hey FS, is this one of your designs they're using in this panel of Star Wars #52? It looks like it - but can you tell which?

Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Oh WOW That is SO one of his style Ball turrets along that big ship.
took me a bit to figure out what you were pointing at Vympel.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

It looks like the SSD design Lucasfilm needed. The Assertor, I believe.
Weedle McHairybug
Youngling

Post by Weedle McHairybug »

BTW, guys: Ansel Hsiao's at it again, making the Advanced TIE Bomber:

http://fractalsponge.net/?p=3661
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

Vympel wrote: 2018-08-02 01:19am Hey FS, is this one of your designs they're using in this panel of Star Wars #52? It looks like it - but can you tell which?

It's a Bellator except that the superstructure immediately under the X1 is like a copied piece of terrace.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Weedle McHairybug wrote: 2018-08-03 09:12pm BTW, guys: Ansel Hsiao's at it again, making the Advanced TIE Bomber:

http://fractalsponge.net/?p=3661
Shouldn't that be the Advanced Scimitar? Maybe it will get canonized yet.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

fractalsponge1 wrote: 2018-08-03 09:46pm It's a Bellator except that the superstructure immediately under the X1 is like a copied piece of terrace.
Ah of course!
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

Heavy frigate updates

Is anyone besides me not seeing the inline embedded images?

Test inline:
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

I see it just fine. Are you using a tablet?
InsaneTD
Jedi Knight

Post by InsaneTD »

I see it on my phone.
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

Maybe just chrome being weird.

Next updates:
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

That looks great! Is that a hanger at the aft end of the bridge tower?
Proud member of the no sigs club.
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

Need name suggestions!

Shortlist so far: Fury, Conqueror, Breaker, Demolisher
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

WHOA! That looks pretty beefy!
What is it's armament and role?

Ah ok, looked at the link... Silly me...
"Boomer" and "Bruiser" are fun, but probably not "serious" enough. "Brutalizer"?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

Going with Demolisher, screw first letter overlap :P

Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

The "TIE Demolisher" looks like it packs a serious punch. I'm guessing those under-slung trio are torpedo tubes perhaps? Something more direct than normal bombs or missiles carried in the rear?
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
Commander Veers
Redshirt

Post by Commander Veers »

Demolisher sounds great...

Do you have any stats for it?
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

That's the kind of thing I wish the First Order was using.
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

By the by, Fractal -- dude on YouTube was comparing the Executor and the Assertor. It was...super, super bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGEum2GW1wY
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"