Something big

View original artwork, poems, etc. that have been created by this forum's members.

Moderator: Beowulf

evillejedi
Padawan Learner

Re: Something big

Post by evillejedi »

wow, edit times are super short now...

anyway, posted some screens in the new development gallery, the ISD is heavily based on Ansel's, only so much detail you can throw in a texture though, and I probably have more finished shots somewhere

http://warlords.swrebellion.com/pgaller ... category/1

Essentially relearning the craft from the ground up to support physical based textures and normal mapping and boy has been painful. I think I have the normal mapping down for the most part, just need to get time efficient.
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

Galvatron wrote:
Abacus wrote:
fractalsponge1 wrote: Why do you assume it can do that? And no, I don't actually want you to answer that question.
Headcanon is fun.
What does your head canon tell you?
I'm not allowed to answer that question.
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

evillejedi wrote:wow, edit times are super short now...

anyway, posted some screens in the new development gallery, the ISD is heavily based on Ansel's, only so much detail you can throw in a texture though, and I probably have more finished shots somewhere

http://warlords.swrebellion.com/pgaller ... category/1

Essentially relearning the craft from the ground up to support physical based textures and normal mapping and boy has been painful. I think I have the normal mapping down for the most part, just need to get time efficient.
The new maps look great!

I think I owe you something right? orthos?
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

I dig the new gribbles and spires on the globes, whatever their function may be. :D
evillejedi
Padawan Learner

Post by evillejedi »

I think I see it now, its Mega Maid's Executive Putter Partner

Victory Orthos
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

Those are beauties. Pure and simple.
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Those are insanely detailed for something that's essentially a hobby project, my hat is off to you for your skill and patience for doing something that detailed and not giving up half way thru.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Darth Tanner
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tanner »

The hanger shot is a thing of beauty, its an incredible level of detail. I'm almost expecting internal corridors to be modelled on your next one!

I think the large sensor globe infront of the bridge tower would annoy me if I were looking out the window, it would ruin my view of any approaching A wings.
Get busy living or get busy dying... unless there’s cake.
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

Darth Tanner wrote:I think the large sensor globe infront of the bridge tower would annoy me if I were looking out the window, it would ruin my view of any approaching A wings.
It's not that bad. Although I would personally have put it farther out near the front of the sprawl area.

That hangar area is purdy. Is there a door or something that comes out of/goes into that rail looking area along the bottom? Or is it just the open ends of a double hull?
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

^Just an unfinished transition.

Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

Very nice - would be a nice ship in one of the new movies. It's massive, but without the pregnant guppy look.

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Weedle McHairybug
Youngling

Post by Weedle McHairybug »

So, I take it it's nearing completion? I'd most certainly like to see the name of the ship. I supposed Exactor or Executrix would be good (got the names from HeraldWashington from EmpireDidNothingWrong).
The_Saint
Jedi Knight

Post by The_Saint »

The shots from in the hangar trenches are amazing, knowing that the smaller bays will still be easily large enough for Tie Fighters really does give a sense of scale.

Would it be possible to get a bridge view shot of the capital ships? (As in the view from the bridge looking down the spine of the ship...
All people are equal but some people are more equal than others.
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

The_Saint wrote:The shots from in the hangar trenches are amazing, knowing that the smaller bays will still be easily large enough for Tie Fighters really does give a sense of scale.

Would it be possible to get a bridge view shot of the capital ships? (As in the view from the bridge looking down the spine of the ship...
I'm asking for that since the Bellator; -)

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

The models aren't detailed enough to make that worthwhile. You'd need a closeup set.

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Out of curiosity, why the ISD1-style array on the conning tower? Is this ship-class supposed to predate ANH?
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

Galvatron wrote:Out of curiosity, why the ISD1-style array on the conning tower? Is this ship-class supposed to predate ANH?
One of the references that went into the ship was Old Republic.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Could it be pre-TPM? :D
The_Saint
Jedi Knight

Post by The_Saint »

fractalsponge1 wrote:The models aren't detailed enough to make that worthwhile. You'd need a closeup set.
:(

Kind of want a picture just to get a sense of that (might not be detailed enough for yourself but anything more than a handful of polygons is probably detailed enough for the rest of us)
All people are equal but some people are more equal than others.
Weedle McHairybug
Youngling

Post by Weedle McHairybug »

Galvatron wrote:Could it be pre-TPM? :D
Well, Wookieepedia and Saxton's article indicated that the comic it appeared in, Nomad Chapter 1, took place in 32 BBY, shortly after the Naboo Crisis, so... probably slightly after TPM. Although the T.I.E. Starfighter article indicates it was shortly before then, so who knows, other than it being around the time of the Naboo Crisis.
darthscott
Youngling

Post by darthscott »

Looks incredible, great to see an Old Republic dreadnought. Though there are exceptions, never liked that in the Legends universe they seem to keep the length of the most powerful capital ships pretty linear over many millennia. To me at least there would be no good reason why we wouldn't see dreadnought sized ships in all of the eras. I sort of liked EGTW explanation that as technology changed larger warships went in and out of favor, but still its a big Galaxy with plenty of resources, so I would expect a lot variety in warship size and design.
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

Almost done with engines:

FTeik
Jedi Council Member

Post by FTeik »

fractalsponge1 wrote:
Galvatron wrote:Out of curiosity, why the ISD1-style array on the conning tower? Is this ship-class supposed to predate ANH?
One of the references that went into the ship was Old Republic.
Perhaps this image?

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/comics ... rtant1.jpg :D

Maybe your next project could be one of the Acclamator-esque frigates. :angelic:
The optimist thinks, that we live in the best of all possible worlds and the pessimist is afraid, that this is true.

"Don't ask, what your country can do for you. Ask, what you can do for your country." Mao Tse-Tung.