Publius drawings (large)

View original artwork, poems, etc. that have been created by this forum's members.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

ahh I miss poor spoiler...

oh and how about my suggestion of "Templar" for the 1930s crowd (though the saint and his girl friend got started shortly after "The Great War")

funny I wonder how many detectives do we never know their real names?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

The finished version of the 1930s group shot, with the addition of the Spider, the Phantom, Doc Savage, and Indiana Jones.
God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Doctor Jones might have been more appropriate in this suit-clad lineup. Indy looks good, but out of place.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Inspired by the brilliant Batman: The Animated Series episode "Almost Got 'Im." Seen here are Scarface and the Ventriloquist, the Mad Hatter, Poison Ivy, the Riddler, the Penguin, the Scarecrow, Two-Face, and the Joker.

Lonestar has pointed out that it is a mathematical certainty that the Joker is cheating.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

That is really awesome Publius. I like the "thinking man's" Scarecrow.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

This is the last in the "Something Wicked This Way Comes" series (previous entries were posted here). This entry features the Emperor Reborn and part of his retinue on Byss, during the events of Dark Empire. Included in this picture are:

Lady Lumiya
Sa-Di
Nefta
Sarcev Quest
CAPT Tan Maarek Stele EW
Carnor Jax
Burr Nolyds
Spearmaster Ch'unkk
Xandel Carivus
Lord Manos
Kooloota-Fyf
ME Par Lankin
The Prince Za
GEN Immodet
Norym Kim
Mahd Windcaller
CAPT Turr Phennir
GOV Tann Starpyre
ADM Jeratai
Ragez, Baron d'Asta
ADM Banjeer
ME Prentioch
GEN Redd Wessel
GEN Arndall Lott
ADM Espan, Lord Balfed
AMB Furgan
ME Disra
ME Caerbellak
GME Ardus Kaine
FADM Gaen Drommel
Dr Umak Leth
CAPT Iolan Gendarr
ADM Chancellor Galak Fyyar
VADM Gilad Pellaeon
Xecr Nist
Tedryn-Sha
Zasm Katth
Baddon Fass
Kvag Gthull
Kam Solusar
Military Executor Sedriss
Krdys Mordi
The Cloaked Figure
A Great InQuestor of Judgment
Lord Hethrir
Gwellib Ap-Llewff
BLACKHOLE
Savuud Thimram
T'iaz
Inquisitor Vrke
Inquisitor Fa'Zoll
High Inquisitor Tremayne
Luke Skywalker
Galactic Emperor Palpatine
Sate Pestage
Ars Dangor
A Sovereign Protector
"ADM" Leonia Tavira
GEN Afren Hul
ME Derran Takkar
Jace Lorrin
GOV Serdif Tount
MG Tessala Corvae
Valles, Lady Santhe
GOV Beltane
An Imperial and Royal Guardsman
Jeng Droga
Ved Kennede
The Physician to the Galactic Emperor
A Sentinel

Including the various unidentified characters, there are some eighty individuals included in this picture.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

:shock: Jeebus Publius. That is sheer bad ass. Just the patience alone to finish that is mind boggling to me. Bravo.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Re: Publius drawings (large)

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Publius wrote:Image

"In Mushroom Kingdom, Yoshi Rides You!"
This must be coloured up. :D
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

"Gentlemen, Behold!" is now in color.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Most excellent!
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Likewise "The 1930s."
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Likewise "The Batman Family."

(N.B.: It's not purple, it's eggplant. Purple would've looked stupid.)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The only thing I don't like in the last one, (and it's pencil counterpart) is the very Tim Burtonish looking, and specifically, Micheal Keaton, head Batman has. It looks out of place with the more comic book influenced other heads. Otherwise, awesome as usual.

P.S. What do you use to color your stuff?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

havokeff wrote:The only thing I don't like in the last one, (and it's pencil counterpart) is the very Tim Burtonish looking, and specifically, Micheal Keaton, head Batman has. It looks out of place with the more comic book influenced other heads. Otherwise, awesome as usual.

P.S. What do you use to color your stuff?
What do you mean by "Tim Burtonish"?

Plain, simple Photoshop.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Publius wrote:What do you mean by "Tim Burtonish"?
The small chin, molded cowl, with the rounded mouth opening "look" that Tim Burton's movies and Micheal Keaton's face brought to the franchise from Batman and Batman Returns.

The face is excellent, but it just seems out of place to me with the other faces that seem to be more strongly influenced by the comic book versions.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

A familiar face.
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Metropolitan

The Parasite, Metallo, Lex Luthor, Darkseid, Brainiac, Bizarro, and the Toyman
Last edited by Publius on 2008-02-15 07:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Publius, regarding your picture about the imperial court:

First off, great work.

If it is not too much trouble, I have a couple of questions in regards to some other characters, who are not included in the list:
- Who are the two standing right to Gen. Wessel? They kinda remind me of the emperor's civil servants in the Death Star Trading card game.
- That's Feena D'asta standing next to her father in the front, isn't it? (The one in violet)
- Right next to Tavira are standing two figures clad in white uniforms. I thought white was reserved for GADMs?
I have never heard of any GADMs still alive while Palpatine was at Byss. Are those your inventions, or are they canon?

EDIT: Spelling mistakes and to make it easier to read.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Feena d'Asta is indeed standing just in front of her father the Baron, wearing a purple headscarf. The two men standing next to the right of GEN Wessel are unidentified courtiers seen on Byss in Dark Empire (their color schemes are not official).

The two men standing in the group with "Admiral" Tavira are unidentified; both are seen in black-and-white pictures in Heroes & Rogues. Neither one is necessarily a military or naval officer; the bearded man may be a governor of some kind, while the mustachioed man is specifically called an arrogant nobleman whose influence and connections put him in a position to be condescending to Moffs in outlying territories.

At any rate, no, the evidence does not support the suggestion that only grand officers are entitled to wear white uniforms. At least one Intelligence officer on board the first Death Star wore a white tunic, as well as a handful of other officers (ADM Thrawn in Rebellion, an unidentified goateed officer in The DarkStryder Campaign, CDR Akobi in "What Sin Loyalty?").

Furthermore, "Byss and the Deep Core" actually does state that "meetings between the Grand Admirals and other important business of the Imperial Navy take place in one of the many war rooms aboard" the Eclipse (without specifying a time frame). Seeing that it is the Emperor who appointed the grand admirals, it is fully within his prerogative to have appointed more during his occultation.

No character who appears in any of the "Something Wicked" series of drawings is invented; each and every one of them has appeared at least once in official Star Wars published material.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Thanks for clearing that up.

Another reason I thought they were GADMS was that although the epaulettes are different in size and colour, they are wearing epaulettes on both shoulders- and the only officers I have ever seen like that were the original GADMs who appeared in insider #66 and Thrawn. (Then again, these two are wearing no rank insignia at all, which to me seems to indicate that they hold no naval rank at all). Still, it makes me wonder what they did that allowed them the privilege to wear double epaulettes to a white uniform. Human Empires of the past usually frowned upon imitating military uniforms.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Steve Rogers, Captain America

Each medal was drawn and colored individually, and can actually be read.
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Where is his Medal of Honor?
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

All three of them are at the upper right corner of his ribbon rack, where regulation prescribes they be worn.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Publius wrote:All three of them are at the upper right corner of his ribbon rack, where regulation prescribes they be worn.
The two gold stars on his MOH ribbon represent his second and third awards, then?
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

phongn wrote:
Publius wrote:All three of them are at the upper right corner of his ribbon rack, where regulation prescribes they be worn.
The two gold stars on his MOH ribbon represent his second and third awards, then?
Correct. Of course, only Smedley Butler has ever come close to this, with two Medals of Honor and a Marine Corps Brevet Medal.

In other news, here is the Lord of Snake Mountain: