Pre-Industrial Fantasy STGOD Actions Thread.

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Pre-Industrial Fantasy STGOD Actions Thread.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

OOC: As per Dark Hellion's suggestion in the OOC thread, this thread is for posting minor in-game actions/developments such as troop movements that do not involve making a full story post. If you wish to make a full story post, do that in the existing story thread.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: Pre-Industrial Fantasy STGOD Actions Thread.

Post by Simon_Jester »

Attention to Eternal Freedom:

As discussed in-story, the Ohioan Empire is attempting to negotiate purchase of at least sixty guns of uniform caliber, weight of shot between 18pdr and 24pdr (sans mass-reduction effects, of course). Given that the purchase is first mentioned in January, and it is intended to have the guns in Toledo, Ohio by, oh, June (figure a month or so to transport them from foundries in Orion, up the Great Lakes), do you consider this reasonable?

Would you consider a larger purchase reasonable? A few dozen more in field carriages certainly wouldn't go amiss.

Note that the Ohioans show virtually no interest in carriages for the initial run of sixty guns; wood and leather-working they can do themselves. They also show virtually no interest in mass-reducing gunpowder for the guns, surprisingly enough...

My intent had been to pay point cost for these (in their intended role) directly out of my year's military increase budget, so your nation being the source of the guns is mainly an RP thing.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

That sounds reasonable to me, we would already be forging guns in those calibres in large numbers anyway for my battleship building program so we have them available, especially if you just want the guns without any enchantments, carriages or powder.

Sixty guns at a minimum, up to oh, say a hundred of either 18 or 24 pdr sizes is acceptable to Orion.

An additional sale of, say, 24-60 guns in field carriages is also quite reasonable (would you want the mass-effect enchantment on those guns, since they are to be field guns?)
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Actually, weight-reduction is very much desired on the initial run of sixty, as well as any additional ones purchased. No carriages are requested, only the guns themselves.

On advice, the Grand Master of Artillery agrees to pay for an additional thirty guns, with field carriages, in addition to the first sixty.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Gotcha. So sixty guns with no carriages but standard mass-effect enchantment but no powder or shot. Additional 30 guns with field carriages. Can do.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.