Pre-industrial Fantasy STGOD OOC/Rules Thread:

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: Pre-industrial Fantasy STGOD OOC/Rules Thread:

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

More likely, Orion threatened to go to war if Nihon didn't do something about the pirates.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

Any kind of major expansion can only be undertaken with permission from the Emperor, and no noble family wants to see either (a) a rival gain more power and territory or (b) allow any samurai clan to become too independent by gaining more land that isn't held by a noble family.

Most of the clans are given land by the noble families to hold in trust. They're allowed to take income from them, but they don't directly own the land unless that was part of the deal that they got in return for policing the noble's land, collecting taxes, etc.
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Riiight. I remember that from Japanese feudalism. Basically, the Emperor owns everything in fee simple, and the nobility usually just runs it for him on lease agreements.

Things are not so simple in Ohio, which is something Louis the Tenth and Fourteenth bitterly resents from a childhood spent as a ping-pong ball being batted around the country as various noble grandees rebelled and menaced the capital.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

It is simply and it isn't. Rights and duties, inheritance, adequate compensation for service, grants of land, etc, leads to a very complicated web of interlocking problems.

But yeah, the city-state on the coast: E_F, if you want to do a joint-thing against it, that'd be cool in my book.
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Bleh, keep intending to make a post then get distracted