2014 STGOD OOC Commentary Thread 1

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: 2014 STGOD OOC Commentary Thread 1

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

I also had attack choppers and clean-up crews.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

The helicopters are part of the air attack I'm including as 'artillery.'

All I'll say is, if it was me, I'd have had enough holdouts to at least get into a few firefights with my "clean-up crews," who... exactly what did they do with the wounded? There must have been some; you can't neatly kill two thousand people with air attacks unless they obligingly stand in the open and you hit them with a nuclear bomb or something.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Simon_Jester wrote:The helicopters are part of the air attack I'm including as 'artillery.'

All I'll say is, if it was me, I'd have had enough holdouts to at least get into a few firefights with my "clean-up crews," who... exactly what did they do with the wounded? There must have been some; you can't neatly kill two thousand people with air attacks unless they obligingly stand in the open and you hit them with a nuclear bomb or something.
Well, given the King executes prisoners on live TV, I'm going to go out on a limb and say, "What prisoners?" :angelic:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Like I said, there would be no mercy. Anything still moving after the gunship strike gets hosed and blasted with rockets from the choppers. Anything still moving after that gets dealt with by the Airborne troops on the ground. Anyone who hides? Well, they're now stuck in a hilly forested region a hundred miles or more from anyone else with no shelter or supplies. Good luck to them.

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

If the airborne infantry are dealing with people there's going to be shooting.

Also, hm... I may FINALLY have a story idea. But I don't want to be doing it just to screw with you, it's simply that I literally could not think of a blessed thing to write in this game until you took some action.

I won't proceed if you'd object to me... playing with this incident a bit.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Play with it all you like. It's going to to tie-in to the upcoming plebiscite and the nascent civil war I've got brewing, so go nuts. I'll go back and tweak that last story post a bit to address some of your points.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Just to be clear, the 'clean up' killed everybody present at that facility, or did so to the best of their abilities?

Because I can think of some historical examples of how that could go down, so it helps me visualize.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Anyone that was found armed was verified to be dead. The drug traffickers, the mercenaries, the terrorists. I see where you are going, there were 38 innocents present, all captured women being used for..servicing the men. They were rescued, although five more were killed in the bombardment. I'll need to add that back in.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Hmp. I would honestly be surprised if that was all the camp followers there were.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

My thinking is that the drug cartel woudl want to minimise the number of non-members present, as would the mercenaries. I suppose you could count the vaguely-mentioned "dissidents" as camp followers/innocents if you like. There were around 350 of those.