SDNW5 Map Discussion Thread

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Feralgnoll
Padawan Learner

Re: SDNW5 Map Discussion Thread

Post by Feralgnoll »

The Big muthafucking crab space Truckers humbly request to have Crab Planet at O -15.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Very close to Sol, but I am not fundamentally opposed to that.

As long as you don't mind some muthafuckin competition from some muthafucking uplifted elephants and gorillas. The United Nations of Sol do have their own freight firms, you see. ;)
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Alright, latest draft should be HERE, with the Unified Imperium, OMNI (you did say whatever color), the Romulans (purple IS acceptable, right?), and the Space Crabs where they want to be.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Being close to Sol also equals being (somewhat) close to the SPACE VIKINGS. And somehow I get the distinct feeling that they wouldn't mind going after some Space Crab shipping...its probably easier than the BEES for example. :wink:

(Yes, I realize they aren't all that close to the SPACE VIKINGS, but didn't we already discuss how they will go long distances for some quality raiding? :D )
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

That is just asking for the Bastians to crack down on the SPACE VIKINGS hard.
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Hey, I never said the SPACE VIKINGS were smart did I? :wink:

Besides, there are bigger targets nearby that they would attack first. And I could see a problem forming if the Scumdogs decided the VIKINGS are encroaching on their turf. Personally, I think the Space Crabs are somewhat safer than bigger nations. :P

EDIT: And to get some actual map related discussion in...I am liking how my neighbors are shaping up. It turns out that I am literally right between the Bastians and Grays, which helps the Furling backstory (which incidentally I may do a chapter for them meeting the first Arcadians...I'm debating that). And the largest nations nearby are either unconcerned with me (Imperium) or 'allies' (Holy Empire).

Yep, I like how the map is turning out. :D
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

*looks up, sees Romulus*

:twisted:
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Feralgnoll
Padawan Learner

Post by Feralgnoll »

If the Space Vikings want to have a fucking throwdown with some the big muthafuckin crab space truckers, then be fuckin prepared for some fucking skulls being muthafuckin rocked. Fightin is fucking what it means to be a big muthafuckin crab. After Trucking of course.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Let's not make the mistake of assuming the Vikings are pushovers, people. :D
Feralgnoll
Padawan Learner

Post by Feralgnoll »

I have a question about Micronation combat. Ill post in the rules thread
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Feralgnoll wrote:If the Space Vikings want to have a fucking throwdown with some the big muthafuckin crab space truckers, then be fuckin prepared for some fucking skulls being muthafuckin rocked. Fightin is fucking what it means to be a big muthafuckin crab. After Trucking of course.
All I have to say is I am very much looking forward to engaging the CRAB PEOPLE! CRAB PEOPLE! and watching the resulting "FUN"
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Besides, there are bigger targets nearby that they would attack first. And I could see a problem forming if the Scumdogs decided the VIKINGS are encroaching on their turf. Personally, I think the Space Crabs are somewhat safer than bigger nations. :P
As long as the Vikings throw some loot to the Scumdogs, they probably won't care.

And the Kritarchy would not be opposed to funding and arming the Vikings.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Fenreer
Redshirt

Post by Fenreer »

If the Dwarven Conclave's 6 sectors could be added to the map, it would be appreciated. I'm even less picky now than I was previously. Just stick'em anywhere in any pattern.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

OK, I gotta do a map this weekend, it's getting ridiculous.

This time I can't kid myself about not having time, either. Sigh.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Managed to hijack my brothers laptop (he's in high school too, but being a Sophomore doesn't have to turn his in for about another week). That being said, since we're already talking about the map, the New Furling Empire would probably be either a darker blue than Arcadia, or green. Depends upon what Simon/Shinn want (whomever does the map first), or if it is even needed to change the colors. I'm fine with it just being like the Gray's member states and just saying its there instead of actually marking it.

(Hopefully I can get back on Saturday, we'll see)
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

The saying-it-is-there probably works best, since your Furlings are so tightly integrated into the rest of your state.

Oh, Skywalker? One word of advice. If you want to remain involved in the game over the summer, once I've actually got things running, I advise that you put a bit of thought into writing things up in between computer times. Doing stuff in a notebook and then typing it up on the rare moments when you can use the computer helps you stay focused on the game, and encourages other people to remember and care about your nation being around, so that you can easily get back into the swing of things when you have regular Internet access again.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

OK, guys.

New Draft of the Map

Certain nations are not yet located. Those of Fenreer and Eleventh Century Remnant come to mind. As before, I am trying to use unique imagery for all the single-sector micronations. The map does not yet reflect any mind-changing by Vanas on the subject of An Entire Generous And Bountiful Empire of Goddamn Bees.
Eleventh Century Remnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Eleventh Century Remnant »

M2- ish trailing south- eastward would be good.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Got it. Any particular preference for color? Shades of grey would be aesthetically inadvisable given who you've got for neighbors.
Eleventh Century Remnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Eleventh Century Remnant »

The obvious answer is "octopus coloured" but that would be quite confusing, especially as definitions, chromatophores, etc- does stripy work, like the bee people? Blue and green stripes, if that can be done- if not, kind of purple-blue.
The only purpose in my still being here is the stories and the people who come to read them. About all else, I no longer care.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I can do stripes, it just takes a bit longer. Not a problem. Be easier to do in Paint now that I've done it once before- the hard part was creating the first such tile, to use as a template.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Can I have P-S 17, P-S 18, P16 and Q19 in a nice mahogany or teak? Thanks.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I'm not fundamentally opposed, but for the people you'd end up near- Chamarrans, Haruhiists, the Nation, the Capellans... are you players OK with that?
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

No objection here.... I think I even have a trade route with Hellions guys anyway!
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Rats? on our doorstep? Why that's certainly agreeable!
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!