SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread VII

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Siege
Sith Marauder

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread VII

Post by Siege »

That was very interesting, Simon. Seems Gepetto is doing his name justice.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I'm glad to hear it, especially from you, Siege. It occured to me while writing the piece that this sort of thing is really more in line with your forte than mine.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

So that's how CIs breed? :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That's good. I'm sure Gepetto would make a better CI creator than someone like Olympic. :lol:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

This is a AI writing computer code for another AI. Geppetto happens to be an AI who specializes in writing computer code for other AIs, and pretty much anything else that falls under the umbrella of 'psychology' in the most general sense possible.

Olympic could probably write perfectly functional AI code; what Geppetto brings to the table is, at most, that little extra bit of craftsmanship...
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I meant that Olympic would be an utter ass. :P
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

True.

You might wind up with the AI equivalent of STRAK ATTACK!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Simon_Jester wrote:True.

You might wind up with the AI equivalent of STRAK ATTACK!
Strakanoff: "Turns out AIs are copycats. Who knew?"

:P
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

If I were the Astartes, I'd be leery as hell about moving in advance of Bragulan forces. The Bragulans seem to like their artillery - there seems to be high probability that a nuclear barrage would "accidentally" drift into "friendly" positions. :)
Truth fears no trial.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Tanasinn wrote:If I were the Astartes, I'd be leery as hell about moving in advance of Bragulan forces. The Bragulans seem to like their artillery - there seems to be high probability that a nuclear barrage would "accidentally" drift into "friendly" positions. :)
Yes. As you no doubt noticed, both sides are already planning on betraying their allies :P
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Well, they can't really nuke the Astartes *quite* yet, they have yet to engage the MEHrines heavily...
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

In the fall of Murca, where is the Stephen Colbert analogue? Inquiring minds want to know!
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Simon_Jester wrote:In the fall of Murca, where is the Stephen Colbert analogue? Inquiring minds want to know!
Rightfully, warning us of the impending threat of BEARS!
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

KhorneFlakes
Padawan Learner

Post by KhorneFlakes »

The Fall of Murca was the funniest thing I've read today. :lol: To be honest, I was always expecting Bragulans to come muderize them.
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Every plot thread and character wrapped up, nearly! The fall of Murca as it was meant to be!

So, can we get a canon space location for Murca, now that it has been Bragulanized?

PeZook wrote:Yes. As you no doubt noticed, both sides are already planning on betraying their allies :P
Yes, both sides must betray the other, but first, they must overwhelm the MEHrines, something neither of them can quite do alone!

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Bragulans. Man.

Poor ensign...
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Simon_Jester wrote: Poor ensign...
I took it from X-Men: First Class, when Professor X made that Russkie fire the missile into the ship and sank it, ending the stand off much to the relief of everyone. Then the relieved captain orders the guy captured or something. :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Alright, I have an idea now what the Refugee response to the Eye will be and how we will lead the glorious counterattack or something. I'll be writing that tonight.

First, though, I'm saving Broomstickbot, damnit.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Yes. This is important.

I wonder where will she try to escape to. The Sovereignty? The Refuge? Some other robotopian state?

(It's OK if you don't tell me now because you want it to be a surprise)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That is a good scene. Very good. Like, as in total batshit post apocalypse, and scrambling scared robots and folks who have no idea what's going on. The look and sound of armageddon!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Simon_Jester wrote:Yes. This is important.

I wonder where will she try to escape to. The Sovereignty? The Refuge? Some other robotopian state?

(It's OK if you don't tell me now because you want it to be a surprise)
They can always come to Emissary space but may turn around when they realize that at least the reality-breaking maw of insanity isn't actively trying to kill you. :wink:

And Maya a quick question on the timing of your broomstickbot post: am I right to assume that it is taking place only a few hours before downfall? Otherwise, I think there is a problem with the idea of a raid on the warp gate at Uranus unless I missed it in a post somewhere. The Emissaries are protecting the warp gate for pretty much all of the time between June 1st and downfall. The only openings for such attacks are during the Emissary attack on Pluto or after the Emissary departure from events. Further, I am not sure that the OMINOUS Solar Distraction fleet actually has enough forces to mount a successful raid on Uranus given its defenses. Then again, maybe Broomstickbot is simply misinformed or Sorchus lobbed a bunch of long-range missiles to pelt refugee ships or something.

Sorry to nitpick but with all the chaos of this event I am trying to be very careful not to step on anybody's toes despite wearing the biggest boots.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Would guess Broomstickbot is misinformed or the Eoghans tried some long range missile attacks that didn't have a decisive effect.

It's not like she's a navaltacticsbot.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

None of the folks on the ground have a good idea about what's going on. There are rumors flying and panic AND BLOOD AND CHANTING WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE NOW.

Bleh, so I can't have a 'raid' on Your Anus, then? I just want to plant a bunch of mines to cut off the gate temporarily. It can be earlier on, not doing much damage, just slowing force redistributions down to give the fleets time to set up.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You can let the mines drift towards Your Anus. Drop them from far away and such.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!