SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread VI

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread VI

Post by Force Lord »

Steve wrote:Clearly someone needs to restore order in that chaotic region... :wink:
You rang?
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Steve wrote:Clearly someone needs to restore order in that chaotic region... :wink:
Don't worry, someone more conveniently nearby can be up for it. :mrgreen:

Clarification:

The cure comes in two forms.

1.) The three-tier nanochemotherapeutic, modified de-infestative, and pseudo-morphine treatment. This is a long and painful process wherein the Tau-tissue is interpreted as "injury" and "healed" to its original human form by the nanochemotherapeutics. The de-infestative is a modified form of an experimental anti-Karlack spore medication, the drug itself failed owing to the virulence and unpredictability of Karlack evolutionary strains, but the mutations of the Tau are less severe than that of Infested Terrans, so the de-infestative can handle it. The pseudo-morphine is based on polymorphine, which is a drug that enables shapeshifting, but it is a simpler version programmed to shift the patient back into human baseline form.

This treatment is not a "one dose and you suddenly mutate into a new form within seconds/minutes/hours, hahaha!" but is actually an arduous process more like chemotherapy. Chemotherapy takes long, and hurts a lot. But instead of treating cancers or tumors, in this case the tumor is basically an entire body that has been turned into Tau.

If nanites are capable of quickly and magically turning human bodies into Tau bodies, then I assume modern medicine will be able to reverse the damage. But since this is a quickly devised cure, the process will not be as refined and will take longer than "haha, within moments you are now turning blue!" or whatever. So the cure is more painful, and difficult, than the Tau-thing.

Think of it as a week/s-long reversal surgery. Done in a decent facility. With nanotech, chemotherapy, and whatever future blings there is.

2.) The "cure weapons" use a much more accelerated, concentrated and dangerous dose of the treatment. It can only cure the infected who are in the early stages of transformation, simply by saturating the body in so much nanochemotherapeutics that the progression of the nano-retrovirus will be obstructed and the mild mutations get reversed. This works for those whose Tau-transformation are still in the superficial stages. There's still a high chance of toxicity and, yes, death.

For people who are in the later stages of transformation, who aren't just externally Tau but whose organ systems have also been warped, this cure - due to its intensity - will basically kill the person. It can reverse the Tau mutation, but you can't really change people from one form to another form that quickly (I mean, Treatment #1 takes it slow and carefully and has LOTS of medical support) and the body simply cannot handle the rapid change. The patient/victim will be very dead and it is likely that his body will be totally disfigured.

Treatments 1 and 2 are very rapidly devised cures. Treatment 1 has the advantage of taking it slow, the patient basically goes through a long and painful ordeal akin to chemotherapy to reverse the organ changes. It is more manageable.

Treatment 2 is total BS and was hastily deployed just so the fanatics can fuck people up. The pharmaceuticals know its worthless as a medicine, and that it kills way more people than it actually saves. :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Force Lord wrote:
You rang?
Don't act cute. You are part of the problem. :D
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

*begins humming the Imperial March* 8)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

And that someone... walks on six legs! :D
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Well, I'm jumping on the bandwagon. :)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Your rickety band wagon is in my back yard.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Dammit, I've been one-upped! :D
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Where is Pritaiy, by the way?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

No idea. Say BB-25.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Y'all fringe world yokels are all alike, dunno where yer loyalties lie.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

*notices image spam*

Uh, what does that tell me?
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Shit gets blown up, obviously. The SSN shoots at your fleet, because you shot at them. I'll leave the outcome hanging, because I have no friggin' clue how to resolve this.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

The Centralists are now composed of infidel scum, filthy xenos and dirty machines. And now everyone wants to kill them.

All in all, a typical day in the Outlands.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Force Lord, what the hell is all this bullshit about the Mechanicals? I am fine with your Centralists recruiting a few of them as I'm sure they have their own splinter groups and whatnot (as I'm also sure that a few little groups already decided to side with the Refuge and there's some Mechanical android that can pass for human who worships the God-Emperor for some reason), but I already said that most of them retreated to some inhospitable-to-organics systems and have been keeping to themselves and the Refuge has been courting them.

Unless this is all provocation directed at me, in which case, consider me provoked.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Er, I did not know of the exact situation of the Mechanicals. I apologize. Consider them splinter factions.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

FL, I must ask, how is a Centralist fleet going to get through the Outback or Wild Space to interact in the OUtlands when you've upset or irritated pretty much every state that would feasibly grant you passage?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

I can't split my fleet into tiny groups trying to get across?

EDIT: Maybe I should retcon it into a force being made ready to rescue whatever Centralists manage to escape the area if my proxies collapse.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You might as well have Tibetans leave the UN and Super China to shack up with the Centralists in the Outlands.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

OK. Lighthearted note:
Force Lord wrote:Arpad, Sector BB-24

The Centralist Mechanicals ruling the planet Arpad, having heard of the offensive plans from Aray, were prearing their fleet. Theirs was the second pincer of the offensive, as the targeted planet was not far away. In the planet itself, shipyads were busy churning out new vessels and factories producing new machines for battle. Mobilization was underway.

The fleet, of some 40 ships, went into hyperspace, where they heard that the other pincer was in unexpected difficulties...
Robot Nazis!
The last one was a real Nazi robot
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Force Lord wrote:I can't split my fleet into tiny groups trying to get across?

EDIT: Maybe I should retcon it into a force being made ready to rescue whatever Centralists manage to escape the area if my proxies collapse.
What, you're going to divide your forces? When they're already operating far from home?

You'd be better off pulling the "go over" thing Shep did in his attempt to send an occupation force to Pendleton.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

"Go over"? Elaborate. I'm not too familiar with that situation.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

I choose to come put my oar in again with the squidoids politely asking someone to please help make them not die horribly in a greenish storm. And you lot choose the same day to go full force 'a day in the Koprula zone' turned up to eleven. Let it never be said this game was devoid of harsh contrasts.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!