-EUC

And probably a few minor nations.

Recommendations?
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread V

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Force Lord wrote:Hokay, currently I have these nations in mind for Kierger to stop by:

-Technocracy of Umeria
-New Anglia
-Holy Empire of Haruhi Suzumiya
-United Solarian Sovereignty
-NAC
-EUC

Recommendations?
A side note. YOur leader won't be allowed through Byzantine space. Be sure to go a long way around...
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I'm thinking that The Fall of Brandenburg Secundus will have to be worked into the STGOD somehow, perhaps as a Dominion Holonovella showing Imperium life.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: A side note. YOur leader won't be allowed through Byzantine space. Be sure to go a long way around...
:lol:
Lonestar wrote:I'm thinking that The Fall of Brandenburg Secundus will have to be worked into the STGOD somehow, perhaps as a Dominion Holonovella showing Imperium life.
Yes.

It must be banned in Byzantium for its terrible history.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Force Lord, avoid steering close to Commune space. The Commune might... well, you know - "plausible deniability". Not our own citizens, but some armed anti-Centralist group might try and kill your leader on his voyage.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

You know guys if you want to kill the leader of the Centrality it is easier to have the Centrality do it for you. I mean how many of their own have we had killed explicitly by Internal Politics. Thus Kieger will be welcomed enough into the EUC, even if it won't be that open of arms paws. /jk

PS: Force Lord, since I have gotten bad at getting ahead in the game it would be best if you send me a PM with the things you want to talk about.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Stas Bush wrote:Force Lord, avoid steering close to Commune space. The Commune might... well, you know - "plausible deniability". Not our own citizens, but some armed anti-Centralist group might try and kill your leader on his voyage.
STAS! Are you returning to the game? :)
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Lonestar wrote:I'm thinking that The Fall of Brandenburg Secundus will have to be worked into the STGOD somehow, perhaps as a Dominion Holonovella showing Imperium life.
Yes.

It must be banned in Byzantium for its terrible history.
Didn't even know we had such a world named ... horribly.
Stas Bush wrote:Force Lord, avoid steering close to Commune space. The Commune might... well, you know - "plausible deniability". Not our own citizens, but some armed anti-Centralist group might try and kill your leader on his voyage.
Hmm... Karlacks...
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Force Lord wrote:Hokay, currently I have these nations in mind for Kierger to stop by:

This should be an interesting visit.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I might be returning, I've got a little job "blackout" here. Yeah. Too bad for me, but good for my free time.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

*pokes Fin a bit*

*runs*
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:*pokes Fin a bit*

*runs*
Maybe the God Emperor would beqeath a bit of himself to that little guy, and then he would go up in blazes and do this:

Kreia
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

Ok I'm back from my week in Arizona with the girlfriend and her family. First day of school today, but I'm trying to get caught up as quickly as possible, already finished the commentary thread on to the story thread!!

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I haven't time to catch up on the story thread right now- very limited computer time, and that during limited hours- but a quick note to FL:

If Kierger is coming to Umeria in "visiting dignitary" mode, he's likely to receive high-end "visiting dignitary" treatment, naturally. But on the general subject of Umeria, well... the Technocracy doesn't really have political parties in the usual sense of the term, and that includes Centralist parties. Umerian politics is much like Umerian weather: everyone can talk about it, but only licensed professionals are allowed to do anything about it.

State oppression of groups with nonviolent active political agendas usually takes the form of endless "nanny-state" harassment of the organization- various regulatory bodies poking their heads in, hiccups in the transportation infrastructure... in this respect, Umeria (especially the Core) is sort of the opposite of the Centrality. It's a very longstanding "soft dictatorship," with the citizenry being encouraged not to engage in political activism, the news encouraged to keep people calm and quiet about domestic issues, and an enormous amount of surveillance data being gathered and analyzed by various AI and expert-system programs for anomalous behavior. You don't see squads of security troopers tromping down the streets very often, but in many cases the organs of government control are simply hidden, not absent. The security agents aren't watching, but the cameras are.

The Fringe sees more activity because the state doesn't have the same level of "no sparrow shall fall" surveillance and ability to manipulate events. At the moment, what political movements exist are pretty much all pro-democracy, not Centralist, unless you go down to the "three lunatics with a website" scale.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

The plan was for Kierger to be in "visiting dignitary" mode, and so won't say "RAR Centrality does it best!" but be more polite.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Well, he might well get into a cheerfully polite discussion of various methods of comparative tyranny with the technarchs; they're quite above-board about how the government operates, though their own perspective on the system is itself limited in some respects- psychological blind spots in the "fish have no word for water" sense.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:

-Technocracy of Umeria
-New Anglia
-Holy Empire of Haruhi Suzumiya
-NAC
-EUC

Recommendations?
A side note. YOur leader won't be allowed through Byzantine space. Be sure to go a long way around...
Or he can just take the warp gates? They'd be faster anyway, he's only going in a shuttle, and I'm sure the Centrality can afford the passage fees... :P
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Hey, Force Lord - if you want Kierger to visit the Ascendancy, I'd be happy to work on something with you.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

He could visit the Humanist Union, too. That'd ruffle some feathers here, but might be entertaining.
Truth fears no trial.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It's a religious thing.

BWA-HA-HA-HAHAHAHA!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Balls!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

More like "lack of religious stricture against", but I don't expect the finer points of Dorei theology to be Sidney's forte. :P
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Oh man, that's going to be one hell of a party.

The Silver Moon, CEID, Collectors and how CIS!
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Well, my writing will be delayed a bit. Yet another co-worker has had a "family emergency" and I'm getting another two nights as a result. Won't have a free night until Thursday now.

Hopefully soon we can get the months-delayed Shroom Fighter on track.

White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Hmm. Absurd, absurd.... I can do absurd. And I have a goatee to stroke villainously right now, to boot. *strokes villainously in contemplation*
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

*looks for something to cut off Haven's goatee*