SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Formless
Sith Marauder

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread IV

Post by Formless »

Sorchus wanted me to tell you all that his computer is down and needs repairs, so he'll be unavaliable for a while.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

:D

Yes, Shroom, I would like to know more.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Wouldn't we all? What comic is that?
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I have no clue mang.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Pity, I'd definately want to read the thing if there's more.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

So much for logging on last night.

Anyway, I know it removes some of the emotional impact, but my birdies felt tacked on. They didn't really fit with the robots and blobs, and this became more obvious as I tried to write some internal story bits. Also, why are they interested in integrating the prawns Khe!Srri? (I can't remember if I've mentioned anything about that before in the story posts or not, though I will be later - assuming I can get off my rear and actually write it.) What do they even know about how to go about integrating another species, and where would they have gotten that knowledge? Why'd they let that dumb dude join? Saying "the Thinkers told them" only works as an answer for so far.

So eventually I figured it just made more sense that they hadn't been original escapees themselves but were brought in sometime (rather shortly) afterward, in that dim shadowy early period where the demented Thinkers were still running things, trying to put enough stuff together and make their organics reasonably sane enough that they could survive, a time when most believe that records were barely kept because they had more pertinent demands on their time (also, insanity) when it's more that the living memory was wiped and only a few dozen beings at most have security clearance high enough to know the real story.

Note that this all happened before the purely-physical cosmic horrors just past their borders realized that something yummy was over there and they had the munchies, since the poor guys had somehow ended up in one of the nastiest corners of the universe. I should do some more official writing of those history bits.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

There, another BEEEF! This time, of the fate of the Fenrisians! In the next installment, we will Hail to the King!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Almost done with the response post to the first contact communiques. Please let me know if you intend to respond to the questionnaire, otherwise it will go up either later tonight or tomorrow.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

fgalkin wrote:Almost done with the response post to the first contact communiques. Please let me know if you intend to respond to the questionnaire, otherwise it will go up either later tonight or tomorrow.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
I actually intend to respond.
Truth fears no trial.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

fgalkin wrote:Almost done with the response post to the first contact communiques. Please let me know if you intend to respond to the questionnaire, otherwise it will go up either later tonight or tomorrow.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
I'm debating whether or not to just send a message demanding your intentions.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

I've been struggling to get that one post out for the past few days; it wasn't until now that I was finally able to work up the effort to finally finish the damn thing.

In any case, stay tuned for when our not-so-mysterious guest gets introduced to the cultist leaders. Suffice to say that the Haruhiists aren't the only people crazy enough to revere Jun Fukuyama and Johnny Yong Bosch as minor deities in their warped pantheons...
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Oh man, von Fuckenberger must have gotten a heart attack AND a stroke at the same time when he saw von Musel's maneuver.:D

I mean, charging AT the enemy. That's like, the most un-Prussian thing I can think of. And then they grappled them with tractor beams! Which is even worse. Poor, poor von Fuckenberger.

Oh, and NUGAK!

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hah, that was funny CN. It's good to see you posting. Carry on.

I can't believe Von Musel's plan worked. That was nuts!

Langleys!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

EDIT: Aack, my citizen has been catnapped!
fgalkin wrote:I mean, charging AT the enemy. That's like, the most un-Prussian thing I can think of. And then they grappled them with tractor beams! Which is even worse. Poor, poor von Fuckenberger.
Heh.

That's unfair, though; von Mückenberger ordered a charge to close range against the Zebesian center in the first half of the battle, once the flanking groups pulled out.

Of course, he did have overwhelmingly superior firepower at the time.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Simon_Jester wrote:EDIT: Aack, my citizen has been catnapped!
fgalkin wrote:I mean, charging AT the enemy. That's like, the most un-Prussian thing I can think of. And then they grappled them with tractor beams! Which is even worse. Poor, poor von Fuckenberger.
Heh.

That's unfair, though; von Mückenberger ordered a charge to close range against the Zebesian center in the first half of the battle, once the flanking groups pulled out.

Of course, he did have overwhelmingly superior firepower at the time.
True. I should have rephrased that as "charging AT A SUPERIOR enemy," since we, of course, know the Prussian views on fighting superior ships. But it was 5 am at the time, so, there. :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

I like how Umeria had a noodle incident. Anyway,

[Sarcasm Node]Oh this is going to be juuuuuuuuust fine. Just great. This won't possibly cause more problems in the future.[/Sarcasm Node]

Now if I can only finish some other of my partially-written posts this lack of response might make sense, at least internally.

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Chaotic Neutral
Jedi Knight

Post by Chaotic Neutral »

Remember, as long as you ignore a problem, it doesn't exist.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

There. Unapologetic, pure and honest Bragulanity. :mrgreen:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Chaotic Neutral wrote:Remember, as long as you ignore a problem, it doesn't exist.
We're not stupid. Crazy, yes. Paranoid, working off weird assumptions, starting on strange axions, also yes. Needing a lot of therapy and hugs as a whole? Yeah, probably. But we're not stupid. This will make more sense. They're not ignoring it. They're just not officially responding at the moment.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get the AI-equivalent of smelling salts for Panic Node, as the little guy seems to have passed out. Somehow.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Uh, Force Lord?

Do you think you could scale down that Darth Vader picture a little? It's kind of ridiculously large.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Simon_Jester wrote:Uh, Force Lord?

Do you think you could scale down that Darth Vader picture a little? It's kind of ridiculously large.
I'll try.

EDIT: Uh, I think I'm stuck.

I've reduced the photo using Microsoft Office Picture Manager, but now it seems that the image won't appear.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Simon_Jester wrote:Uh, Force Lord?

This.

It's not as if the internet lacks tinier Darth Vader pictures. :P

Force Lord, I promise I'll get back to you on the whole CSB CIS IBGV scheme. I just need to be... strak by inspiration.

8)

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Saved by Facebook. :)
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Lost assets in Sector C6:

1x Communications Array
17x Hyperspace Monitoring Arrays located in deep space
3x Spacetime Anomaly Deterctors
1x Type-II Utility Ship (Patrol) Resolution In The Face Of Danger ($65) carrying 8 scouting gunboats, 8 interceptors, and 100 troops
3x Type-II Stealth Ships ($20), each carrying 20 spy probes.

Good hunting :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

fgalkin wrote:Lost assets in Sector C6:

1x Communications Array
17x Hyperspace Monitoring Arrays located in deep space
3x Spacetime Anomaly Deterctors
1x Type-II Utility Ship (Patrol) Resolution In The Face Of Danger ($65) carrying 8 scouting gunboats, 8 interceptors, and 100 troops
3x Type-II Stealth Ships ($20), each carrying 20 spy probes.

Good hunting :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Uh, you spying something? :P