SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread III

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:That puts you in Fin's Bad List I'd bet. :P
The Imperium has no idea how the Tau became the Jews of the 35th Century.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:That puts you in Fin's Bad List I'd bet. :P
The Imperium has no idea how the Tau became the Jews of the 35th Century.
Psst, you dropped a moon on their homeworld. Might have something to do with it.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Darkevilme wrote:Psst, you dropped a moon on their homeworld. Might have something to do with it.
We didn't. We melted the crust with hours long bombardment.

Longer than because technology was somewhat inferior. Warp cannons do a better job.

And yeah we know what we did.

I was just trying to act silly. :lol:
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

For shame, nothing says 'fuck you' like dropping their moon on them and you passed up on the option?
though wait, are we allowed to move minor celestial bodies steve?
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:BTW, I also used the name for the Bragulan you mentioned in your wiki article. :D
I noticed. And the quote too. :D
Darkevilme wrote:Psst, you dropped a moon on their homeworld. Might have something to do with it.
Housing Tau refugees increases the likelihood of Moons impacting your homeworld. Hmm...I think some people shouldn't so openly brag about these things. :lol:
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Yes, well, dropping a moon on Verdance has its own consequences. :lol:
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Darkevilme wrote:For shame, nothing says 'fuck you' like dropping their moon on them and you passed up on the option?
though wait, are we allowed to move minor celestial bodies steve?
I wouldn't mind moving a celestial body.

But I figured that I wanted to be on the driving seat when it came to destroying planets. The Imperium has always a need for an actual testing range anyhow. :lol:
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Tanasinn wrote:Just curious - are you guys accepting any new players at all? I can't find and posts that say yes/no either way, so I figured I'd ask.
Yes, we are. PMed you on how to get into it.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Ryan Thunder wrote:
Steve wrote:States with alien minorities consist of the Solarians, Klavostan, New Anglia, the Federated Ascendancy, Umeria, Severus (Wilkens' Severians), the Outlander Commissions, and.... that's it, I believe.
The Union has non-human minorities, including Tau refugees.
I was meaning human majority or controlled-nations with a major alien minority (up to and including entire races under their sovereignty), not just "Oh, I have a few hundred thousand Tau refugees on one of my crapsack colony worlds". I mean, given the totality of that race's destruction (both the main genocide and the fact that the Tau refugees on Dilgrudar were exterminated to the last child by the Dilgrud at the end of the Second War) I find it hard to believe that beyond the Atlanteans there are major eight or nine digit populations of Tau in other states. Especially any state in range of the Tau homeworld, since they would probably have had bad dealings with the Tau during the attempted genocide in the Imperium (one ponders if the Tau respected any kind of neutral rights or even acknowledged Human states as neutral in that war) and then have to dwell with the Imperium near their frontiers.

For example of what I meant b "alien minority", here is my population breakdown for New Anglia:

Population: 330 Billion People (248.2 Billion Humans, 34.5 Billion Dorei, 34.9 Billion Trill, 12 Billion Thanagarians, 400 Million Members of Other Species)

81.8 billion out of 330 billion is just under a quarter of the Anglian population, far more significant than the implied population of "Tau refugees" in most states I'd imagine. Hell, I might have some community of Tau five or six digits (maybe even seven altogether) in size on one of my Colony worlds, but they wouldn't even register as a statistically-significant demographic on that world alone (which has a population of about 3-4 billion), let alone my entire Empire.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Steve, your turn at last.

Katr_Kana, I'll soon have Forg communicate with Kordis and tell him what happened. I still intend for Kordis to arrive in Pendleton for the Datton, so your ship can continue it's present course.
Last edited by Force Lord on 2010-09-25 04:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Force Lord wrote:Steve, your turn at last.

Katr_Kana, I'll soon have Forg communicate with Kordis and tell him what happened. I still intend for Kordis to arrive in Pendleton for the Datton, so your shuttle can continue it's present course.
He can't communicate with Kordis until after Kuun-Lan gets to the Pendleton side of the Gap, near the Acker System.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

He can't use long-range communications?

EDIT: Should I retcon it as happening after Forg and Shetty finish their chat?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Force Lord wrote:He can't use long-range communications?

Oh yes. It'll take 2 days for them to get through the Gap. Inside the Gap, no communications beyond simple text messaging is possible, audio and video would simply require too much energy to force through the shoal interference.

Also, if you have any objections to my new post's elements, go ahead and raise them. We can talk via PM if you want. Though I might not reply immediately, about to go make something to eat.

Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Steve wrote:
Ryan Thunder wrote:
Steve wrote:States with alien minorities consist of the Solarians, Klavostan, New Anglia, the Federated Ascendancy, Umeria, Severus (Wilkens' Severians), the Outlander Commissions, and.... that's it, I believe.
The Union has non-human minorities, including Tau refugees.
I was meaning human majority or controlled-nations with a major alien minority (up to and including entire races under their sovereignty), not just "Oh, I have a few hundred thousand Tau refugees on one of my crapsack colony worlds". I mean, given the totality of that race's destruction (both the main genocide and the fact that the Tau refugees on Dilgrudar were exterminated to the last child by the Dilgrud at the end of the Second War) I find it hard to believe that beyond the Atlanteans there are major eight or nine digit populations of Tau in other states. Especially any state in range of the Tau homeworld, since they would probably have had bad dealings with the Tau during the attempted genocide in the Imperium (one ponders if the Tau respected any kind of neutral rights or even acknowledged Human states as neutral in that war) and then have to dwell with the Imperium near their frontiers.

For example of what I meant b "alien minority", here is my population breakdown for New Anglia:

Population: 330 Billion People (248.2 Billion Humans, 34.5 Billion Dorei, 34.9 Billion Trill, 12 Billion Thanagarians, 400 Million Members of Other Species)

81.8 billion out of 330 billion is just under a quarter of the Anglian population, far more significant than the implied population of "Tau refugees" in most states I'd imagine. Hell, I might have some community of Tau five or six digits (maybe even seven altogether) in size on one of my Colony worlds, but they wouldn't even register as a statistically-significant demographic on that world alone (which has a population of about 3-4 billion), let alone my entire Empire.
Ah, yes, well, I'll correct myself to say that there are alien minorities, but not in statistically significant numbers.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

The Kuun-Lan's captain would not refer to Kordis as Mr. he would use the Vice-Admirals rank. To not do so is quite a breach of etiquette and actually unfathomable.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Steve wrote:
Force Lord wrote:He can't use long-range communications?

Oh yes. It'll take 2 days for them to get through the Gap. Inside the Gap, no communications beyond simple text messaging is possible, audio and video would simply require too much energy to force through the shoal interference.

Also, if you have any objections to my new post's elements, go ahead and raise them. We can talk via PM if you want. Though I might not reply immediately, about to go make something to eat.
No obejections, Steve. I'll do my best.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Kartr_Kana wrote:The Kuun-Lan's captain would not refer to Kordis as Mr. he would use the Vice-Admirals rank. To not do so is quite a breach of etiquette and actually unfathomable.
Sorry. I don't know much about military etiquette. I'll fix it.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Subordinate officer ranks would be "Mister", though foreign subordinate ranks may be simply addressing the officer by rank instead. Superior ranks, including admirals (Even admirals of lower rank than oneself) would be "Admiral" or, for inferior ranks, "Sir". (Which is the generic form of address for any officer by a subordinate. Note that it's specific for officers; you don't call a senior NCO "sir" if you're a junior NCO or enlisted. Hence the whole "Don't call me sir, I work for a living!" refrain from higher rank Sergeants across the services).

Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

In the HCN all officers foreign and national are referred to as Sir/Ma'am by enlisted personnel, senior enlisted personnel are always addressed by their rank by junior enlisted. Officers refer to superior officers either by rank or with Sir/Ma'am, officers of equal grade are addressed by either Mr./Ms., their rank or in the case of friends/co-workers by their last name. Officers of junior rank are generally addressed with Mr./Ms. then last name. Enlisted personnel are always addressed by their rank and sometimes their last name. Exceptions can occur when individuals spend a lot of time working together and familiarity relaxes adherence to customs and courtesies, however such laxness is never shown in front of outsiders, whether those outsiders are merely not part of the "shop" or foreigners.

Within the skin of the ship covers, ie hats, are only worn by personnel on duty. HCN regulations state that salutes are only rendered when wearing a cover, so only on duty personnel would salute Vice-Admiral Kordis. When going into combat the entire crew suits up in lightly armored spacesuits, bridge, CIC and other personnel such as medical who may have their duties hampered by suit helmets remain suited but uncovered with their helmets stowed in close to hand. Salutes are not rendered when helmeted. Covers are to be worn at all times when under open skies and in uniform, so any time HCN personnel are outdoors on a planet or moon they will have covers on and will render salutes to any officers regardless of which branch of service or nationality.

There's a brief rundown on basic customs and courtesies for anyone who may have reason to write an interaction with HCN and HCM personnel. Questions about anything else feel free to PM me.

Oh and I am working on some story posts, I swear!

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

I'll be delayed. Have to eat, ya' know.
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Re: SDN Worlds 4: Participant Rollcall

Post by KlavoHunter »

More humans? Get 'im, Shroomy!
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDN Worlds 4: Participant Rollcall

Post by Tanasinn »

KlavoHunter wrote:More humans?
Worse, post-human commies.
Truth fears no trial.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Moved your banter posts from the Roll Call thread to here.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Ready when you are, Steve.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Moved your banter posts from the Roll Call thread to here.
Sorry about that...
Truth fears no trial.