Red Shackles [OOC/C & Interest Check]

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

RTM
Redshirt

Red Shackles [OOC/C & Interest Check]

Post by RTM »

Hello and welcome to the “Red Shackles” Out Of Character/Context & Interest Check thread for the non-nation RP I’m planning to do here. I’ve already tried to write the story multiple times, but I haven’t gotten anything I would feel worthy to use. So, most of the setting is open to discussion and development BY the players, not just the GM/DM.

The basic story and setting is like this:

It’s the mid of the Twenty Second century, a war between mutants has ended, about a decade ago, with the mutants as the losers thanks to the help of a fanatical organization (Humans Against Mutants) which at the time of the war was very “Anti-Mutant” and “Pro-Normal Human”. Anyway, most of the mutant forces were tried for war crimes and found guilty, even though half of the guilty weren’t, and were sentenced to death by electrocution. The other half of the whole mutant forces that participated in the war were sentenced to life on the Mars colony, whose terraforming project didn’t really work out.

Overseeing the mutant sentences on Mars is H.A.M., who mellowed out in the past ten years and went corporate (Mars Incorporated Mutant Excavation) and has been using most of the mutants as a work force to strip mine the red planet and get profit by supplying Earth and the outer colonies with resources and the like.

And that’s the story and setting I managed to think off…

Notably, RS mutants are not metas. Instead, they just have animal characteristics and such. For example, a fish mutant, depending on the strength of his mutation would either be a guy with an extra set of transparent eyelids and gills to a full-blown fishman hybrid. Anyway, just ask questions and discuss, help me flesh out the RS universe and if there are enough interested people, start the RP…