SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Post by PeZook »

Central Alliance guys are also hard to mindfuck.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Huh? How so?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Huh? How so?
Coyote declared they have little ESP potential but also are hard to mindfuck because he doesn't like Jedi :D

Or something. I might be paraphrasing.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Rubiconium? :lol: This presents some interesting possibilities... :D

Also, I'm liking Legion more and more. Sneaky bastard.
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

The Union has a "normal" incidence of psykers for humans, but they don't really do anything with them other than note them in a registry and tag them (with nanites) so they can have their abilities harmlessly nullified if they're, say, being pursued by the police, or trying to mindfuck someone. The nanites have no other purpose and operate for about 60 years, after which enough of them have been ejected from the body that the system can no longer function effectively.

The military does not have specific positions or roles for psykers, passing them over in favour of MADNESS Land Systems' war robots.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Eat 200 gigatons.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Rancor RAEP.

Hmm. Was that done for reals or was it all through special effects?
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Perhaps animatronics with vibrators. This is a definite possibility, I can assure you.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

DarthShady wrote:Rubiconium? :lol: This presents some interesting possibilities... :D
Somehow I thought you'd like it.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

We Bragulans call it vegemite. Because it is colored green and grows, just like a vegetable, but a mineral vegetable. Harrumph! *crosses arms*
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Bragulan vegemite! It's nearly as lethal as the Australian version!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Aaand a point is made.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

God damn the Sovereignty has such balls! :twisted:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Forg decides to leave the Black Berets to the wolves, and tells his men to join in the fun.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Nice. What a colossal fuckup! The Republican guards killing people! Niceness. Mayhem! Bloodshed! :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Huh...well, I would inform Siege that Legion doesn't actually have Collector technology at his disposal, but that would ruin the entire awesome sequence of events, so I'll just modify the character a bit :P

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

PeZook wrote:Huh...well, I would inform Siege that Legion doesn't actually have Collector technology at his disposal, but that would ruin the entire awesome sequence of events, so I'll just modify the character a bit :P
We need to make that technoir backstory work for him too. :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Force Lord wrote:Forg decides to leave the Black Berets to the wolves, and tells his men to join in the fun.
I've left Corbas' survival up to you. But since you were rather vague over how the execution happened, I felt it'd be interesting if the Black Berets had rushed the job a bit and there were survivors.

Looking at your info, the Black Berets, if your Elites, are 50,000/$1 training value with x3 kit. Royal Marines are 25,000/$1 and x5. So I presumed that they're qualitatively superior by quite a bit to the Berets.

If you want to write anything of the Berets' POV as they're ground down by the Marines and the Datton crew, go ahead. I just figured we'd kept the suspense up for enough and we were at a natural point to commence wrapup.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Steve wrote:
Force Lord wrote:Forg decides to leave the Black Berets to the wolves, and tells his men to join in the fun.
I've left Corbas' survival up to you. But since you were rather vague over how the execution happened, I felt it'd be interesting if the Black Berets had rushed the job a bit and there were survivors.

Looking at your info, the Black Berets, if your Elites, are 50,000/$1 training value with x3 kit. Royal Marines are 25,000/$1 and x5. So I presumed that they're qualitatively superior by quite a bit to the Berets.

If you want to write anything of the Berets' POV as they're ground down by the Marines and the Datton crew, go ahead. I just figured we'd kept the suspense up for enough and we were at a natural point to commence wrapup.
You'll have to wait a bit. I'm a bit slow typing, remember. And I soon have to shut down for the day.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Force Lord wrote:
Steve wrote:

You'll have to wait a bit. I'm a bit slow typing, remember. And I soon have to shut down for the day.
That's cool. I'm not going to impatiently tap my foot waiting for you to post something, after all. :mrgreen:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Wow, Shroom, reaction to that insane SW alteration goes beyond the STGOD participants.

From an AIM chat going on:
[17:50] magithis: Oh God, Shroom has remakes of Star Wars in the STGOD.
[17:50] Mayabird1C: Back. I have water boiling for mint tea now.
[17:51] stgarrettjr: Written by Peregrine Toker actually.
[17:52] stgarrettjr: For their old setting on Siege's world-building forums.
[17:52] stgarrettjr: Shroom adapted it to the STGOD setting.
[17:52] stgarrettjr: Have fun reading it.
[17:53] magithis: I already got to the part about zero g sex.
[17:54] jamesihunter: Oh, it gets worse. :D
[17:56] magithis: Soul merging!?!
[17:56] Mayabird1C: Mint tea is good.
[17:57] magithis: 40K Starships?
[17:58] magithis: Great God Rancor did WHAT!?!
[17:59] magithis: A scene of the emperor taking a crap? Why would you do that?
[18:00] jamesihunter: Why not?
[18:01] AthalZelaht: Well, it's almost unprecedented, you could say that. ;P
[18:01] magithis: Because A: it contributes nothing to the story or the character. B: It's gross C: What the hell?
[18:02] Mayabird1C: You don't understand True Art!
[18:02] magithis: Luke becomes Emperor!?! Demi-gods? Aaaaggghhhhhh!
[18:02] Mayabird1C: Sometimes artists need to be smacked.
[18:02] magithis: SHHHHRRRRROOOOOOOOMMMM!
[18:03] stgarrettjr: LMFAO
[18:03] stgarrettjr: Mind if I post the log? :-D
[18:03] magithis: Go for it.
[18:04] magithis: Remind Shroom that if he gets the urge to touch Farscape I can hit a man size target from 700 meters. Just saying.

Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

I don't know if the image views correctly, I am having some problems with it.
ed: I think I just fixed it.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Okay, it's been two and a half months now. People who have been dormant for the entirety of the game, or for a prolonged period, have until next week to post something, anything. Then i delete their nations from the map and if they want to come back in they have to pick a new point.

Coyote, Oskuro, Thanas, LoC9, Pollux, and Wilkens are exempt because they've either played roles in the game's balance or because they have justified excuses for not posting a single damned thing.

Since a list was requested, here:

Karmic Knight, Vyraeth, Dark Hellion, and grif. loomer and Setzer are also being watched for activity.

As for the people I've listed as exempt, I reserve the right to convert them to NPCs if need be due to lack of PC-related activity.

Seriously! It does not hurt to post one IC bit a week. You don't have to create a massive storyline to participate.

Edit: Karmic hasn't even posted on SDN since the STGOD start and grif has been gone since early August. You know, I'm going to bring this up again. It doesn't hurt to drop a PM saying "Oh, I'm going to be too busy for the next [x amount of time] and can't participate". Magister gave us that benefit and things went well. And I know via IM and people meeting him that Skimmer is extremely busy, plus his absence isn't as sorely missed because he's in a high-activity area but off to the side, so his absence isn't as debilitating. But seriously, we have an entire quadrant of the map that's quiet because too many of the people there are completely dormant, meaning those still hanging around and looking to do things don't have as much chance for interaction, and it's becoming irritating to me.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

LoC9's last post was less than two weeks ago, and he's already given me one major event to react off of. I have no complaints about his level of participation to date. I don't think he should need an exemption.

Personally, I've got enough potential activity to deal with to run me ragged, unless I put my own sideplots on permanent hold.

I'll also vouch for Timothy C; he and I do have something fairly extensive planned (and more or less fully plotted, too), and I'd truly like to do it, but we're not ready to start posting segments left.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Simon_Jester wrote:LoC9's last post was less than two weeks ago, and he's already given me one major event to react off of. I have no complaints about his level of participation to date. I don't think he should need an exemption.

Personally, I've got enough potential activity to deal with to run me ragged, unless I put my own sideplots on permanent hold.

I'll also vouch for Timothy C; he and I do have something fairly extensive planned (and more or less fully plotted, too), and I'd truly like to do it, but we're not ready to start posting segments left.
As I said, I'm not really concerned with players in the "right" side of the map, but on the left side we have a number of people who've dropped off the face of the Earth.