SDNW4 Interest Check Thread

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Steve
Emperor's Hand

SDNW4 Interest Check Thread

Post by Steve »

This thread is in response to consideration by some players on the prolonged inactivity of several participants. I would like everyone to post their intention to continue participating, their inability to, or reasons their participation is restricted but still continuing. This will let us decide what to do with the nations of those participants who are clearly out of the game.

For my part, yes, I intend to continue participating, but between playing through STO and the fact that I just started working again and I'm working long, 10+ hour shifts and jostling around sleep times, that participation will be limited for a while (though I'm still available for mod decisions, don't expect lots of story posts from me).
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Re: SDNW4 Interest Check Thread

Post by fgalkin »

Obviously, I am interested in participating.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

I will continue participating, even if posts are as infrequent as my flighty muse dictates.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

I will also continue participating, even if I suffer from chronic and severe writer's block.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

I find it unlikely that I will be able to continue for the foreseeable future. Real world activities take up so much of my time I haven't had time to keep up with the in-game universe for months.

I apologize, but I should most likely withdraw.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I'm still participating but school has resumed and that has to come first. I have a lot of different story arcs that I have planned out but I need to actually get off my ass during my free time and complete them.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

I'm still participating and following along, albeit in more of a reactive than proactive state.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Chaotic Neutral
Jedi Knight

Post by Chaotic Neutral »

I'm here.
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

I remain.
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Well, I doubt anyone will be surprised that I plan to stay in for the foreseeable future...
Steve wrote:This thread is in response to consideration by some players on the prolonged inactivity of several participants. I would like everyone to post their intention to continue participating, their inability to, or reasons their participation is restricted but still continuing. This will let us decide what to do with the nations of those participants who are clearly out of the game.
For a number of cases, I support leaving the nations in game as NPCs: either because they're heavily involved in stuff that's already taken place, because the player might legitimately want to come back some time a few months from now, or because there's honestly no reason to remove them at the moment- no advantage to be gained by clearing those sectors from the map.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

I'm still involved, i've just been real busy with university work the past few days.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

I'm in, as Thompson Hunter can attest to. :P Anyway, I'll participate as much as I can, given time restraints and writer's block.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I'm in, always. I've just been preoccupied with StarCraft 2 these past few days. :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

I'm still standing.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

I still live, though university will start soon and my time will become a bit erratic.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Still in though I'll be the same slow writer that I have been this entire time.
[line 2]
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

I return.
My previous reasons for dropping off of the face of the earth have one by one removed themselves, and I now know when I have time to participate through August of this year.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Still standing.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Lord_Of_Change 9
Youngling

Post by Lord_Of_Change 9 »

I promise to try and participate more.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Was out and about the last week. Still playing.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

I'm still interested, but I seem to be severely lacking in motivation for the moment.

Oh well. Maybe some exercise will help...
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Still here. Just got double-fisted by university bureaucracy and have had a major bout with situational depression. I am for the most part over it, and will try to get back into the swing of things over the next few days.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Still here. Just busy.
Truth fears no trial.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I'm in, always. I've just been preoccupied with StarCraft 2 these past few days. :P
More BEEEF less Starcraft. :lol:

Anyhow, I am still in, just that I am rather stuck with what to write next.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Simon_Jester wrote:
Steve wrote:This thread is in response to consideration by some players on the prolonged inactivity of several participants. I would like everyone to post their intention to continue participating, their inability to, or reasons their participation is restricted but still continuing. This will let us decide what to do with the nations of those participants who are clearly out of the game.
For a number of cases, I support leaving the nations in game as NPCs: either because they're heavily involved in stuff that's already taken place, because the player might legitimately want to come back some time a few months from now, or because there's honestly no reason to remove them at the moment- no advantage to be gained by clearing those sectors from the map.
What about players whose nations aren't on the map?
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.