SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread I

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread I

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Man, Gill is a shithead. Isn't Gil the currency of Space Shinra?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Dammit. I can't log into MSN anymore on Trillian, I keep getting immediate "disconnected from network" replies. Plus it throws Trillian into a loop of immediately retrying instead of waiting the 60 second interval.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Get an M1 Garand in case of unruly young Asian immigrants.
If anyone tries to steal my fucking Gran Torino, I'm going to kill them. While saying a ton of racial epithets. And scowling.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Oh man, Simon. Those Langleys are totally gonna screw your Umerian interceptors. :lol:

I am digging your naval post, btw. A good blend of military-style whatsits and well-written something-somethings and coolness. It's got all sorts of cool protocol pseudo-realistic stuffs, but written down in a smooth not-infodumpy way. I like. :D
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Oh man, Simon. Those Langleys are totally gonna screw your Umerian interceptors. :lol:

I am digging your naval post, btw. A good blend of military-style whatsits and well-written something-somethings and coolness. It's got all sorts of cool protocol pseudo-realistic stuffs, but written down in a smooth not-infodumpy way. I like. :D
Why thank you, Shroom. There's more coming.

What I'm trying to develop here is a situation where everyone is a competent professional, where everyone is Doing The Mission... and things still go wrong. The Haruhiists are doing their job. They're not wasting time (knowingly), they're not screwing around, and the gap in their procedures is very small. The mistake that navigator made was perfectly human; any of us here could have done the same thing in the same situation.

So I'd argue that my Umerian interceptors aren't going to get screwed over because of the Haruhiists. It's not their fault. They're going to get screwed over because some legendary strategic genius (and yes, Admiral Fisher, I am looking at you) decided that we were going to mount a joint international operation featuring over half a dozen different fleets with only a few days of prep time to make sure everyone was used to working together.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

And that makes your stuff both compelling, entertaining, interesting, realistic, engaging and fun! :D

But I am damn sure the Shepistanis won't let the Anglians down. WMDing the crap out of the Pendletonian/Astarian slavers is their birthright! This is history coming to full circle! :D

I do hope your Umerian guys make it!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Unforeseen plumbing problem due to mighty Bragulan physiology were also quite realistic, Shroom ;)
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Uh, wrong guy Jester. Fisher's not responsible for the multinational force, you can blame PM Penton in what is part-cost saving measure, part-diplomatic initiative.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Steve wrote:Uh, wrong guy Jester. Fisher's not responsible for the multinational force, you can blame PM Penton in what is part-cost saving measure, part-diplomatic initiative.
BTW, when are we going to go kick some Pendletonian ass? My fleet is ready to kill some peeps. :P
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Akhlut wrote: BTW, when are we going to go kick some Pendletonian ass? My fleet is ready to kill some peeps. :P
Come right up. Remember to turn left at Jove :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Steve wrote:Uh, wrong guy Jester. Fisher's not responsible for the multinational force, you can blame PM Penton in what is part-cost saving measure, part-diplomatic initiative.
Oh, the Coalition force is going to turn out to be a good idea, unless Fisher's six Imperators can cross swords with a Monolith and live (and I beg leave to doubt that).

The bad idea was deploying from Lochley's Retreat without taking a week or two to run exercises and hammer out the bugs in their coordination...
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Still waiting on 'Zook to start the next collab post, since after it we kick off the battle. :)

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Speaking of which, who's ships are where? I may have missed something, but weren't some staying behind to hold the gap?
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Master_Baerne wrote:Speaking of which, who's ships are where? I may have missed something, but weren't some staying behind to hold the gap?
Yup. Holding the gap (which is the side of the story I'm writing), we have the Haruhiists, the Umerians, the Nova Atlanteans, the Shinra, and some of the Hiigarans. I asserted that your ships were part of the holding force, but I could be wrong; it doesn't really matter for my purposes.

The strike force hitting Pendleton includes the Anglians, the rest of the Hiigarans, the Altacaran battlecruiser, the Shepistani battlestar (which is at best light cruiser weight), aaand possibly the ships from the Empire Star Republic; I'm really not sure about them.

I look forward to being corrected on at least some of what I just said.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Um, it also has ships from the Ascendancy and a contingent from the Empire Republic.

Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Uh, aren't I still part of this shindig? :P
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Akhlut wrote:Uh, aren't I still part of this shindig? :P
Yes, there are Nen ships in the invasion force too.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I apologize; I forgot to mention you as part of the invasion force.

See? What I looked forward to has come to pass!
Steve wrote:Um, it also has ships from the Ascendancy and a contingent from the Empire Republic.
The strike force, you mean?

Then am I incorrect in my conclusion that there were also Ascendancy ships involved in the blockade force? If so, I have some names to change in my second Battle of Bannerman section...
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Simon_Jester wrote:
I apologize; I forgot to mention you as part of the invasion force.

See? What I looked forward to has come to pass!
Steve wrote:Um, it also has ships from the Ascendancy and a contingent from the Empire Republic.
The strike force, you mean?

Then am I incorrect in my conclusion that there were also Ascendancy ships involved in the blockade force? If so, I have some names to change in my second Battle of Bannerman section...
Maybe one or two got left behind, drive checks confirmed they couldn't safely make two Gap transits.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

That is not a satisfactory excuse for me to make. If possible, I will edit to use a ship that ought to be present.

EDIT: I hereby name one of Zor's Tercio-class frigates Spartiate. :mrgreen:
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Someone should make a wiki article for the coalition whatever. Do we even have a name for it? Cause I'd like to call it the Freedom Anti-Astarian Anglian Rectification Taskforce, for awesome acronymage!
PeZook wrote:Unforeseen plumbing problem due to mighty Bragulan physiology were also quite realistic, Shroom ;)
Yes, some more experienced men would've foreseen this like the legendary JACK TURDNER! My hero! :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Well, my vote is still for Coalition against Pendleton, but that's because it's simple and to the point. Very Umerian name.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Okay, to help keep track of this thing....
http://worldsofsdn.wikia.com/wiki/Coali ... _Pendleton

Please list the forces you committed under Participants, I'll go through and parcel out who's in which fleet.

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Steve wrote:Okay, to help keep track of this thing....
http://worldsofsdn.wikia.com/wiki/Coali ... _Pendleton

Please list the forces you committed under Participants, I'll go through and parcel out who's in which fleet.
Posted mine up. Simon, if you intend to use the frigates or corvettes, give me a PM heads up. I do have general ideas for names, but I don't want to commit to them just yet (unless it comes in handy for your story).
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Didn't plan on invoking any of your ships, Rogue, but thanks for the permission. Already got all the ships I need... from a plot standpoint, anyway.