SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread I

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread I

Post by TimothyC »

Stas Bush wrote:I'm not sure why Siege's spies "poked noses" into Tianguo installations, which they didn't. I mean, he never indicated anything like that. At least the Commune is, on words, hostile to all monarchies. *shrugs* Makes more sense if you ask me.
The Kryptonian Empire is nominally a monarchy, but the monarchs haven't exercised any authority in several hundred years (and only dissolving the council at that). Because the Kryptonian Empire is a heavy-private mixed economy, what would the interactions between them and the Commune be?
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

TimothyC wrote:....the Kryptonian Empire is a heavy-private mixed economy....
The only kind of economy the Commune likes is one where the government owns everything and the people are little more then slaves to the system. Damn commies!!

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The Commune will love the Bragulans!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

Then you can have Commie Bears like in Red Alert 2 or was it RA3? And they'll get launched out of Commie Space Bear Cannons into the enemy ranks!!

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
A-Wing_Slash
Padawan Learner

Post by A-Wing_Slash »

Steve wrote:A friendly reminder. Just because you border a shoal sector does not mean you can enter it and, on average, I would prefer everyone to have access to only one lane through a bordering region of shoals, with exceptions cleared by myself and others (for instance, the Wild Space nations have a couple each, at the very least - the Imperium arguably has three, since it's at one end of a lane that goes through the Outback to New Anglia).
Steve, do you think you could give me a grid square for where Pendleton and the Bannerman-Acker Gap are within the Outback? Are they right between you and Hiigara, or are they deeper down within the Outback? I'd like to start reacting to your adventure there, especially since all my neighbors seem to be in on it, but I'd like to understand the situation a little more before I start shooting off diplomatic notes. Thanks.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Pendleton is in X-17, the Gap spans X-17 and X-18, the Bannerman side of the Gap is part of a web of minor hyperlanes that eventually connect to the main New Anglia-Imperium hyperlane through the Outback at the system Lochley's Retreat.

The ESR's access to the Outback would logically be by a hyperlane from U-18 or V-18 to AA-22 in the Outland Commissions or to the Hiigarans. If it goes through X-18 we could say it intersects with the Anglia-Imperium hyperlane, though perhaps not at Lochley's Retreat (heck, you could also have a small naval station at the system where the two lanes intersect).
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Uh-oh!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Uh-oh!
What?

:)
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

So...the Collectors will help the slavers? Interesting...

Also, my OrBat is done and up on the wiki.
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Note: the note I put up in the diplomatic thread has been standard NenAltKik policy for several centuries now.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

*glances at the note*

*looks over lab roster*

Ooops...

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

PeZook wrote:*glances at the note*

*looks over lab roster*

Ooops...
Have you been enslaving my good citizens, sir? :P
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

Not so much enslaving, more like... Experimenting!! Yep that's the word I'm looking for Experimenting, the Collectors like to experiment on biological lifeforms and I bet they find dinosaur people very interesting! :)

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Exactly! Everyone loves dinosaurs, even soulless robotic abominations!
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

Pfhor OOB wrote:5 Light Carriers ($300 per) [$1500]
3,000 Fighercraft per craft
SDNW4 Ruleset wrote:A Hull size's carrying capacity is equivalent to half its cost. For example, a Medium Hull ship of $80 cost can carry $40 worth of craft (that's 400 basic Fighter hulls or 80 basic Gunboats as a max exclusive capacity)
Those light carriers can only carry $150 worth of fighter/gunboat vessels. So 1500 fighters per carrier.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Pfhor fighters might be really cheap, at 20 per dollar (and therefore crappy). Though Pollux should make a special note of that if it's true.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Akhlut wrote: Have you been enslaving my good citizens, sir? :P
Actually...no, no we haven't.

...other people do that for us :D
Kartr_Kana wrote:Not so much enslaving, more like... Experimenting!! Yep that's the word I'm looking for Experimenting, the Collectors like to experiment on biological lifeforms and I bet they find dinosaur people very interesting! :)
They're a side project at most ; We're mostly interested in humans, Chamarrans (they're a real WTF problem for us) and of course anything related in any way to the Diaspora, including movie clips, photos, hull fragments, population maps etc.

One trader managed to sell a Rock Ironbeef movie for several thousand credits.
Simon_Jester wrote:Exactly! Everyone loves dinosaurs, even soulless robotic abominations!
Love is inefficient

Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

Why are the Chamarrans such a big deal to the Collectors? Is it cause they're from "some place else" or just cause they're cat people?

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

PeZook wrote:Love is inefficient
So says the robot, who loves being one. :D
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

The raw data of my OrBat entries on the Wiki are good, they're just sloppily laid out. I'll tidy things up as we go along, and I'll add details (getting into the different types of tanks, weapons, etc) but core info as presented stands.

Also, I dusted off an old fanfic that is perfect for this, and put it in the Prologues thread. Hope no one minds if I make an "Alien" reference. But it is a fun story to let people look around in my people's mindset somewhat.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

And we now know why every robot the Shepistanis have refers to their enemies as Communists :mrgreen:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Kartr_Kana wrote:Why are the Chamarrans such a big deal to the Collectors? Is it cause they're from "some place else" or just cause they're cat people?
They're human-based cat people bred for some strange purpose by an outside force.

They make us curious.

But the Diaspora remains the core of our research.
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:So says the robot, who loves being one. :D
Well, excess energy means we can indulge in inefficient behavior from time to time.

Like putting teeth and glowy eyes on our combat frames.

Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

PeZook wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:So says the robot, who loves being one. :D
Well, excess energy means we can indulge in inefficient behavior from time to time.

Like putting teeth and glowy eyes on our combat frames.
Are one-liners considered inefficient?
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Akhlut wrote: Are one-liners considered inefficient?
One liners are an essential part of Unit 7's diplomatic capability.

Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

Akhlut wrote:Are one-liners considered inefficient?
Of course not, they're the single most efficient way to deliver witty puns and make people laugh before you do horrible things to them.
School requires more work than I remember it taking...