SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread I

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread I

Post by Dark Hellion »

I am still here guys, I just got busy with stupid shit. I am going to try to post my force listing tonight and make a small story post (using some unreal time) to explain why I am not doing anything.

If anyone wants to start any kind of story arc with space robots send me a PM.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Steve wrote:Okay, to help keep track of this thing....
http://worldsofsdn.wikia.com/wiki/Coali ... _Pendleton

Please list the forces you committed under Participants, I'll go through and parcel out who's in which fleet.
I posted my ships/forces. The NenAltKik is now officially part of CFAP!

Awesome acronym, btw. :P
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It will be pronounced Cee-FAP! As in, see-fap! FAP! Haha! :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Akhlut wrote:
Steve wrote:Okay, to help keep track of this thing....
http://worldsofsdn.wikia.com/wiki/Coali ... _Pendleton

Please list the forces you committed under Participants, I'll go through and parcel out who's in which fleet.
I posted my ships/forces. The NenAltKik is now officially part of CFAP!

Awesome acronym, btw. :P
Added the Shepistani ships. I took the liberty, and will tell Shep when he comes on. Details can be adjusted accordingly if there are objections/modifications/whatever.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Cookie for the reference on the Umerian flagship's name...
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Simon_Jester wrote:Didn't plan on invoking any of your ships, Rogue, but thanks for the permission. Already got all the ships I need... from a plot standpoint, anyway.
Well, less giving permission (I figured others would control those deployed ships anyway) and more along the lines of not wanting a name I'd planned for something else being used on one of those.

Be kind of odd to have a SRS Daring frigate when my class of destroyers is named the Daring after all. :wink:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

That's right, I brought the cast of Burn Notice up in here. And they're mine, all mine! Bwahahaha!

And in other news, minor characters Biggs and Wedge got into an apparently epic bar fight. So epic, it could not be suitably described by any mere mortal writer.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

And the first phase of the battle begins...
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

The World Crusher and other supercapital bionasties are so much more awesome now after having had to deal with the horror that is the Leviathan in the SC2 campaign...
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Well, my last entry was kind of crap, but I had to get it out because there's not much chance of getting anything done in the coming week, so better keep the story rolling a bit...
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Oh, I loved it Siege. The Ideologically Correct Adventures of Colonel-Commissar KLYVKO BRYZVITZ! What a guy! :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

The grenades should've been nuclear, though ;)
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

But I totally loved the bit where KLYVKO BRYZVITZ had to be careful so that no one would see him thinking. :lol:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Grif
Youngling

Post by Grif »

As much as I hate it, I still can't find the time for this until next week. At least they isn't any major plots involving my faction at this point. Looks you guys are having a lot of fun at Pendleton. :)
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Stas, shall we call our cooperative efforts the Combined Union of Nations Treaty? :lol:
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Et tu, Brute?

:lol:
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Ryan Thunder wrote:Stas, shall we call our cooperative efforts the Combined Union of Nations Treaty? :lol:
That one might be a bit over the line.

Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

RogueIce wrote:That one might be a bit over the line.
Really? Wasn't there an island chain called the Fucklands in SDNW2? :?
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

I dunno. I do know there was a chain of islands called the Gaymans... But only CATO nations called it that, I think everyone in stuffed-up, fun-hating Messica or whatever that dreary continent full of pompous lamo's called themselves referred to it as the Caymans instead :).
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

SDNW2 did indeed have the Fuckland islands, which were biggified versions of the Falklands and were under dispute between the Dominion and Shepistan.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Siege wrote:Et tu, Brute?

:lol:
Hey only my guys or Fin's should be allowed to say that :D
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Siege wrote:I dunno. I do know there was a chain of islands called the Gaymans... But only CATO nations called it that, I think everyone in stuffed-up, fun-hating Messica or whatever that dreary continent full of pompous lamo's called themselves referred to it as the Caymans instead :).
Steve referred to it as the Caymans as well. So there. :razz:
Ryan Thunder wrote:
I'm thinking wrong in the sense that someone who made a "Free Alliance of Guilds" would probably get in trouble.

IE: "cunt" may or may not cross the line.

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Stupid freaking Trillian.... *grumbles while waiting for new version to install* :evil: :banghead:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

RogueIce wrote:
Ryan Thunder wrote:
I'm thinking wrong in the sense that someone who made a "Free Alliance of Guilds" would probably get in trouble.
Well, at that point you run into the board's very strongly enforced policy against anything that could be taken as a homosexual slur.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

*grumbles* I was starting to write my first actual space combat scene when I realized my wiki descriptions, first draft and ship art style (Honorverse) don't match up (i.e. Honorverse ships don't have disposable box launchers strapped to the outside of the hull). I'm going to have to rethink my ship descriptions before I can write up the post. (It won't change the OOB, just the fluff.)

Also, my parents took an interest in my writing, which I find strange. It's my first time writing fiction (well, except for one or two short stories) and I didn't think it was anything worth crowing over. Still feels strange having people close to me take an interest in my creative writing.