Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread I

Post by PeZook »

You should stop denying that, you know :P
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I finally made a post, wohoo!
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

It is the truth. I'm not sure why you think they're related. :P

And Robert Patrick, Stas? 8)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

The most handsome nanomorph!
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Man, the Commune is even weirder than Collector installations :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Good work, Shroom. Also:
Steve wrote:Stephen looked at the image. It was of a young woman, he'd guess anywhere from 15 to 20, with rather bright and blatantly unnatural violet hair. "You want to dye your hair purple, Sophie?"
"No, Papa, I want a gene for it," she stated.
Stephen's mouth hung agape at that. Cosmetic genes were available - if rather pricey - and he'd known people who'd had them before. They weren't as favored as "permanent dyes" since a gene stayed in someone's genetic material forever, meaning descendants could inherit it and wind up with a blatantly artificial hair color, while "permanent dyes" merely altered the hair at a chemical level (though required constant, quarterly re-treatments lest the body's natural genetic material restore the pigment chemicals to their natural state). "Well, Sophie, I mean, what if you decide you don't want purple hair when you're older."
[Contemplates possibility of making a genetic modification to the hair follicles on the scalp, which are somatic cells, without making the same modification to the gametes]
[Makes note to suggest this to some nation better at genetics than we are]
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Simon_Jester wrote:[Contemplates possibility of making a genetic modification to the hair follicles on the scalp, which are somatic cells, without making the same modification to the gametes]
Perhaps a Inquisitor diplomat from the Imperium can pay a visit. :wink:
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

@ Stas and PeZook:

Comrade Sigma must totally square off against Unit 7! :twisted:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Simon_Jester wrote:[Contemplates possibility of making a genetic modification to the hair follicles on the scalp, which are somatic cells, without making the same modification to the gametes]
Perhaps a Inquisitor diplomat from the Imperium can pay a visit. :wink:
Well, it should totally be possible to do that. The problem is finding a technique that's minimally invasive, because you don't want to spend two or three weeks in the hospital while your new scalp grows back just to change the color of your hair. At that point, permanent dye is a much better option.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It could be some kind of nano-programmed virus or something that just affects your hair follicles and scalp cells and just programs them to give your hair a different color.

The cheap nanoes just reprogram the scalp. More expensive nanoes affect the entire body hairs, including purple pubes and purple butt hairs. The most expensivest nanoes also affect your reproductive organs to make sure your grotesque progeny also has purple hairs.

The obnoxious version is contagious and everyone who gets infected grows purple hairs!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Actually, it should be the other way around: the cheap ones affect your whole body including your reproductive organs (since all they have to do is swap out the genes in every cell). The somewhat more expensive ones affect only your scalp (or affect only areas they are applied to).

But you're totally right about the obnoxious version.
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

I figured it out Yamia didn't die in wildspace she trained Kara and now the old lovers are going to face each other in battle while their apprentices are forced to watch from behind forcefields!!

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Steve wrote:No relation at all. :P
So, that means one or both of them are aliens? Shocking!
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

MIGHTY BRAGULE HAS COME!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Okay, Thirdfain, WesFox, your roll results are in the ruleset thread, give me nation writeups by PM along with desired map placement.

Oh, and...

*Gibbs-smacks Katr_Kana*
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

Steve wrote:No relation at all. :P
Yet.

When is the wedding? :lol:
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Some people are asking for "Asteroids Fall Everybody Dies".... :P

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Holy shit, counting my GDP I end up with... 66,000 points! Which means I can pour all sorts of crap into my militaries!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:THE HUMBLE PEOPLES OF THE RYGNSKRGNVK SYSTEM RAVAGED BY GREAT VOWEL FAMINE![/size]
RYGNSKRGNVK, Kirensk Sector - The sub-sector system of Rygnskrgnvk faces the worst crisis in decades as an unexpected depletion of vowels occurs ahead of schedule! The Rygnskrgnvk system is known for the unfortunate vowel shortages that occur periodically, however this season the Rygnskrgnvk system has yet to fill its stocks for the vowel reserve and an unexpectedly early vowel depletion has left the system in a very ungood state - the Imperial Ministry of Plentiful Supply and Demand Regulation and Registration reported this week.

Vowels are an important resource to Bragulans throughout the Empire, and systems like Rygnskrgnvk do not have their own vowels and rely on vowel shipments out-of-system to supply their needs. However, this unforeseen shortage presents a great challenge to the Bragulan Star Empire as the present Fifty Year Plan has only allocated limited spare vowels for Rygnskrgnvk, as the vowels have already been evenly redistributed to Bragulan systems throughout the Star Empire. Thus, the Imperial Ministry of Plentiful Supply and Demand Regulation and Registration has gained permission from the Imperator himself to work with the People's Department of Limited Foreign Interaction and Human Affairs to seek supplementary vowel shipments from the nearby Altacar Empire...
The Altacarans, in turn, probably bought them from Umeria, a nation which is over 66% vowels by weight.

The Umrians are happy to be of assistance to the hard-stricken Bragulans of the Rygnskrgnvk system. Where would you like the surplus "E?" :wink:
Pollux
Padawan Learner

Post by Pollux »

Looks like the Pfhor and Bragulans have some common ground... :P
"Minnesota has 10,000 lakes. This is roughly 4,000 times more lakes than people."
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Pollux wrote:Looks like the Pfhor and Bragulans have some common ground... :P
*plots the invasion, lack of vowels will make the bugmen weak like kittens* uh wait did i think that aloud?
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

The Ascendancy has perfected a technology designed to harvest the untapped potential of the letter 'y' by turning its consonant form into the more vaulable vowel form. Perhaps Bragulan companies would like to license the design?
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Binary Superior! Alphabets inferior! [/Soundwave]
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

*sends off missive to all you land-grabbing sumbitches*
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Master_Baerne wrote:The Ascendancy has perfected a technology designed to harvest the untapped potential of the letter 'y' by turning its consonant form into the more vaulable vowel form. Perhaps Bragulan companies would like to license the design?
Yes. :D

We need some kind of bizarre plot where the Bragulans try to acquire these vowel technologies, and the Sovereignty tries to sabotage these attempts. All over... vowels!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!