SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread VI

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Steve
Emperor's Hand

SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread VI

Post by Steve »

On to our sixth commentary thread!

And I can't help but feel Zor's lack of activity ruined an excellent opportunity for awesomeness....
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread VI

Post by doom3607 »

Wow, six threads. :shock: When it reaches ten, then I'll be shocked and awed. Well, assuming the Karlacks don't eat the galaxy before then. And the Bragulans don't make us all good little Orwellian nutjobs. And the Imperium doesn't make us all into screaming fanatics. And the Shepistanis don't nuke us all into new asteroid belts. And... this could go on for a while, couldn't it. :twisted:
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Steve wrote:And I can't help but feel Zor's lack of activity ruined an excellent opportunity for awesomeness....
On the whole gate-crashing his fleet review? Yup. That is troo.

CACKLES
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

doom3607 wrote:Wow, six threads. :shock: When it reaches ten, then I'll be shocked and awed. Well, assuming the Karlacks don't eat the galaxy before then. And the Bragulans don't make us all good little Orwellian nutjobs. And the Imperium doesn't make us all into screaming fanatics. And the Shepistanis don't nuke us all into new asteroid belts. And... this could go on for a while, couldn't it. :twisted:
Actually, that reminds me.

You've been awfully quiet for a while; did you have any plans for your nation to do something in the game? Or were your guys going to just roll over and go back to sleep? I mean, if you need collaborators you can no doubt find them, but when you signed on I think a lot of us were hoping for a bit more activity than you've shown so far.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Ooh, I suppose I could send off a diplomatic message to you at least. Though your awakening at this time like this is certainly very alarming to us, since it throws an unknown variable into things, at the very least...
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Steve wrote:And I can't help but feel Zor's lack of activity ruined an excellent opportunity for awesomeness....
On the whole gate-crashing his fleet review? Yup. That is troo.

CACKLES
To be honest, among the definitions of awesomeness I was considering was Zor responding to the affront and display of brutality made by blowing both your ships to scrap metal and throwing survivors in prison for complicity in war crimes, given that you had no official invitation and any standard of diplomatic immunity wouldn't have applied.

Such a display at an Anglian fleet review probably would have led to something like that.... :P
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Steve wrote:To be honest, among the definitions of awesomeness I was considering was Zor responding to the affront and display of brutality made by blowing both your ships to scrap metal and throwing survivors in prison for complicity in war crimes, given that you had no official invitation and any standard of diplomatic immunity wouldn't have applied.

Such a display at an Anglian fleet review probably would have led to something like that.... :P
I had authorised Shroom to commit "atrocities" in the event of such an occurrence. :D There won't be survivors. Everyone knew it was a "one way trip" in the worst case scenario.

Not just any atrocities, but atrocities you couldn't pin us down for. :lol:
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

We would've plowed our ships into his planet if that had happened. :P
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:We would've plowed our ships into his planet if that had happened. :P
It's raining vegemite!
It's raining Karlack spores!
It's raining Nanovirus bombs!
It's raining virus bombs!
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Far, far more likely your ships would have been blasted out of the sky first, honestly. :P

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

They will explode in such a way that the Tau (and human) corpses will be scattered visibly through space, or in the upper atmosphere. :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Steve wrote:Far, far more likely your ships would have been blasted out of the sky first, honestly. :P
The ships' are merely the delivery system. It exploding merely releases the stuff into the upper atmosphere. :D
Kreia
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

My apologies for not being active. Been a little busy and it's affected my ability to write. Should be able to write something this weekend, though, I hope.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Because someone had to do it!
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

BLACK TECHNOMAGIC!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

SPACE NINJAS!
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

SPACE GUILLOTINE... oh wait...

SPACE NICOLAS CAGE! ON FIRE!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Steve wrote:Far, far more likely your ships would have been blasted out of the sky first, honestly. :P
The ships' are merely the delivery system. It exploding merely releases the stuff into the upper atmosphere. :D
They'd have to get close to the planet first, the material would have to survive the re-entry, and be able to penetrate Atlantean planetary defenses (and theater shields are part of our tech setting). I doubt the Atlanteans would fail to prevent such stuff from happening.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Steve wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
They'd have to get close to the planet first, the material would have to survive the re-entry, and be able to penetrate Atlantean planetary defenses (and theater shields are part of our tech setting). I doubt the Atlanteans would fail to prevent such stuff from happening.
Doesn't matter. So long as the Karlack spores land on the ground, or virus bombs (not the usual bioweapon variety, but rather the stuff that the Imperium uses to literally metabolize all organic lifeforms), plenty of wildlife is going to be toast.

Karlack spores somehow survive planetary re-entry. Never figured out why.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Either way, then what? The ships never initiated hostile action, and arguably attacking the ships just kills the prisoners in both of them. All that the ships did was engage in a contract involving a prisoner exchange.

Then the propagandas will go on about how Nova Atlantis ruined a Bragulan-Byzantine attempt at diplomacy on neutral ground, though it might succeed in making both sides make peace by making both sides make war at the Zorians. :D

Fin, I don't think toasting some wildlife is a worthwhile achievement at killiness. :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Fin, I don't think toasting some wildlife is a worthwhile achievement at killiness. :P
I'm petty.

Besides, the Karlacks converting the lot of biomass makes for good popcorn.
Kreia
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Either way, then what? The ships never initiated hostile action, and arguably attacking the ships just kills the prisoners in both of them. All that the ships did was engage in a contract involving a prisoner exchange.
I'd rather be dead than in a Bragulan gulag or a Imperial torture circus. It'd be a mercy killing at worst. Of course, you could attempt a boarding and turn the tables, but then there's the afore-stated willingness to turn both ships into suicide missiles...
Truth fears no trial.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Steve, do you think you could scale down those images for us? The spaceship one is kind of wide.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Sorry, using a widescreen, didn't think about that.

Done.

KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Holy balls, I still had a post half- written up with that bastard alive...
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan