SDN World 3 Commentary Thread III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN World 3 Commentary Thread III

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Thanas wrote:
CmdrWilkens wrote:I'm gonna get the "Nicaraguan Canal" opens post up and running then throw it out for perusal..and that will cap my slowly dying participation.
Could you wait with posting until I have finished writing the Soviet Civil war/invasion?
Oh that won't be a problem, I've got so much shit on my plate between work and other projects (and I don't write that fast to begin with) that I'll be lucky to have the post ready to go before world 4 starts and more likely won't have until until some time after then.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

loomer wrote:Twenty years post-game the Afghani spies will finally get the order to make their move. Tragically, the order will be poorly coded and instead of shooting the leading government figures, they will shout at them and be arrested for making a nuisance. And that'll be the end of my lot as well.
Eh....you really thought this would ever work?

- Your people went into Germany as Afghans with no diplomatic immunity, meaning they are easy to spot. Especially since some pose as missionaries.
- They got Visas, which also means they are kept on file
- How would they be allowed to stay in Germany after their four years of study
- the leading Government figures consist of more than 60 people. How would any spy ring ever get close enough to all of them?
- and eventually, why committ the terrorist act at all? What is the reason behind it?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

It's a joke, Thanas.

Edit:
vv
No worries, it happens to all of us from time to time.
Last edited by loomer on 2010-06-16 05:58am, edited 1 time in total.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

loomer wrote:It's a joke, Thanas.
My apologies. Had a pretty heavy morning so far, my joke detector gets lost.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Could I make an Interest Check in a Non-STGOD role playing type game?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Demiurgas wrote:Could I make an Interest Check in a Non-STGOD role playing type game?
I approved this post to ensure you got my answer: Yes, you can, in another thread that you start for the purpose of asking, not in an established thread.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED