SDN World 3 Commentary Thread III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDN World 3 Commentary Thread III

Post by DarthShady »

Finally got the post up. :D I hope to have the conclusion ready in a few days.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I see you are taking cues from Kane again, Shady?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Thanas wrote:I see you are taking cues from Kane again, Shady?
I was reminiscing the fun times of the old game with Siege, and it came up. :D

I hadn't done anything fun in a while, so I thought I'd try and bring some of the old flare to my characters. And besides Kane is awesome. :P

I take it you've read through the old game?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

^Nope.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Okay, public part of the wedding is up, if anybody wants to he/she can make a small toast or something by his/her ambassador as well, but that is not necessary.
------------
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

German threats, Sheppo Threats, Commie threats,Greek threats, Cascadian threats...there are threats everywhere!

Fortunately the ODN battlewagons do not need as large a cruising radius as the perfidious Huns and the Hindoo lovers, thus allowing moar armor.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Bleh, forgot to post my toast.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Heh, anyone hear from Thanas lately?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

My apologies. I was at a conference and have a second one coming up today and tomorrow. I shall try and get something up by Friday, when the conference is over. Maybe I even have time later on today.
------------
------------
My LPs
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Thanas wrote:My apologies. I was at a conference and have a second one coming up today and tomorrow. I shall try and get something up by Friday, when the conference is over. Maybe I even have time later on today.
That's cool, was just curious given the lack of posting and all, I think everyone's waiting to see how you do the wedding. :)

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Well, I want to make sure I have enough time to respond appropriately. So it will definitely take until Friday.

Also, tomorrow there will be free wine at the conference, so the chances of me writing something good tomorrow are quite slim.
------------
------------
My LPs
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Allrighty so I'm back after a hellish week where once again (for about the third time in as many months) my company screwed with me in an attempt to get me to quit so they won't have to pay my unemployment claim (that is my story and I'm sticking to it). So anyway I've been moved to yet another store after surrendering my district position and am finally settled in. Ryan and Rogue you should have Mexico's initial proposal for a ceasefire line in you PM boxes. Steve/Rogue/Timothy because the first word on D+14 was the Colombians demanding they have their allies at the table the planned attack of the XXI Corps would have gone off as planned (this was the unit trailing behind the two corps which Ryan ambushed during the pursuit and reform during D+12 and D+13). I'm going to try and be on AIM tonight or tomorrow to adjudicate who it might affect things (though it won't change the initial offering of a ceasefire line).
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Raesene? Two items.

A) I have it on good authority that Bremen to Florence would take two days by rail, not 1, and certainly not 12 hours. I expect arrival to be the night two days after the wedding or the following morning.

B) The name is not Garrison, it is Garrett. Anyone making any South Park cracks will get hit by Modnir. :P

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Steve wrote:Raesene? Two items.

A) I have it on good authority that Bremen to Florence would take two days by rail, not 1, and certainly not 12 hours. I expect arrival to be the night two days after the wedding or the following morning.

B) The name is not Garrison, it is Garrett. Anyone making any South Park cracks will get hit by Modnir. :P
Crap, now I need to have a battle scene with some unlucky soldier named Kenny...
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

It was brought to my attention that my Q4 1926 OrBat claimed Cascadia had, and I quote:
800 New Destroyers (post-1914)
20 Kentworth-class (Caldwell-like) destroyers
30 Rodgers-class (Clemson-like) destroyers (2 assigned to Training)
20 Hencken-class (Modified Clemson-like) destroyers
10 Horton-class (proto-Fubuki) destroyers
Now, this clearly looks like a typo, an extra zero for what was supposed to be 80. But I say nay! No, it was intended, for the Cascadian Navy shall zerg-rush its foes with so many destroyers that your battle lines will be sunk to the bottom under so many torpedoes you cannot dodge them! :twisted: :mrgreen:

Why can I do this? Because I am the Moderator and you will RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8)
Spoiler
*rushes to fix typo* :oops:

Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Made an offer and demands relating to the peace treaty to Wilkins.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

On that note we probably have a solid ceasefire line that would at least bring events up to the end of 1925 so the last bit of fighting would be on the 14th/15th of August after which the diplomats would take over through at least December to convene a general peace conference.

My working assumption (and Ryan feel free to contest) is that or teams first met on D+14 (Aug 15th) and probably hammered out a quick and dirty armistice (troops to remain in place) that took effect on the 16th after which we spent a week or two negotiating an actual cease-fire (which took effect around the end of the month) and agreeing to hold a general peace conference (which is still yet to be determined).

So anyway the canal would be open for business after the disruptions of August and probably minimal losses. Mexico will publicly stand by her pledge to compensate any entities damaged by the hostilities which would include commercial businesses hurt by the closure. Claims may be submitted to the Court for Maritime Appeals in Ciudad de Mexico.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

And the dutch hardcore communist resistance strikes the first target.
------------
------------
My LPs
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Hey Doomriser, on the good will tour, who did I say was coming again? A government official?

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

As I just told Ryan via MSN, I'm ready to impose a ceasefire on Wilkens and Ryan because you are both, well, over a freaking year behind. :x

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Steve wrote:As I just told Ryan via MSN, I'm ready to impose a ceasefire on Wilkens and Ryan because you are both, well, over a freaking year behind. :x

We have a cease-fire (Ryan said okay to my proposal for that) what we don't have is a general peace.

-Kingdom of Heaven
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

So there is the official document (since it would have to be signed in French and Spanish :D). Obviously those are Babelfish and Google Translate versions for everyone's amusement but long story short: Mexico withdraws and pays for anything they ripped up, Gran Colombia agrees to turn the canal zone in to a DMZ.

-Kingdom of Heaven
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

CmdrWilkens wrote:So there is the official document (since it would have to be signed in French and Spanish :D). Obviously those are Babelfish and Google Translate versions for everyone's amusement but long story short: Mexico withdraws and pays for anything they ripped up, Gran Colombia agrees to turn the canal zone in to a DMZ.
So glad I was there to help. :D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

RogueIce wrote:
CmdrWilkens wrote:So there is the official document (since it would have to be signed in French and Spanish :D). Obviously those are Babelfish and Google Translate versions for everyone's amusement but long story short: Mexico withdraws and pays for anything they ripped up, Gran Colombia agrees to turn the canal zone in to a DMZ.
So glad I was there to help. :D
Well Steve threatened Modnir if we didn't bring ourselves up to at least Q3 1926 and you were just a well intentioned neutral providing services so naturally we let Steve mediate...he became you for a hot minute.

Unrelated but if you are on AIM tonight we need to sort out California.

-Kingdom of Heaven
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Fin, did you just spent two times your entire budget or is there something I am not getting?
------------
------------
My LPs