SDN World 3 Commentary Thread II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN World 3 Commentary Thread II

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Steve wrote:I'm going to go with Thanas' suggestion; everyone has three research slots period, regardless of Economy score. Enjoy.
Eh why? Isn't there a coupling between industry + economy? More money, more funds, and more industry, more capable research?

Seriously speaking, a part of me is yelling why we can't go liberal on this as we did in the last 2 games. I mean, barring a 'lol' UDD super fusion weapon which we almost wrote a post on blowing a Teraton weapon in orbit for kicks and laughs, the research has never been particularly outlandish.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I suggested it because the game is already skewed towards more stronger nations, so why not give smaller nations a bit of a chance in the technological department?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Thanas wrote:I suggested it because the game is already skewed towards more stronger nations, so why not give smaller nations a bit of a chance in the technological department?
Isn't there the issue of trading and sharing? I mean, seriously, the game has always been about selling and rolling various military equipment, sharing technology etc. etc.

And if I want to be really pedantic about it, I'd have a research slot solely for funding measurement standards. There is a very good reason why the US Government, the EU, and even Russia, funds research that establish standards, be it ultra-precise clocks, or even how much a kilogram is. It establishes a common and proper and accurate benchmark to ensure precise measurements. Especially when tech scales up higher, the ability to accurately measure anything becomes increasely vital.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Well, another commentary thread down. Time for Numero Tres.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED