SDN World 3 Country Claiming

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: SDN World 3 Country Claiming

Post by Thanas »

Stas Bush wrote:Hey Thanas, how'd your Germany look like? What are the prospects of it being, um, Mother Russia-friendly? :)
Pretty high, actually. I am envisioning Frederick III being kaiser much longer than he was in reality, thereby resulting in far more cordial relations with Russia and Britain than in reality (For example, the Rückversicherungsvertrag with Russia would have been renewed other than being cancelled in the 1890s.)

PM me if you want to know more.
Last edited by Thanas on 2009-10-17 10:24am, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Ryan Thunder wrote:
Thanas wrote:I really love it how Ryan just claimed all of those territories.
All four little ones, one of which is totally inconsequential.

Also, do note that I claimed it before you had even posted in the thread.
I did mention the possibility of me playing Spain in the timeline thread though.
We can work something out if it bugs you enough.
Somehow I doubt you'd just hand over a large part of Central America.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Central America? :P He just has Panama, and he snatched that after his initial claim. :P

Also, I'm not going to simply side with one person over the other on the basis of who posted first.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Thanas wrote:Somehow I doubt you'd just hand over a large part of Central America.
I said "work something out," as opposed to "meekly hand you whatever you desire." :P

And as Steve said, I just have Panama. The rest is up for grabs, as I understand it.

EDIT: Well, Panama, as well as Trinidad and Tobago. But they barely even show up on that map.
Steve wrote:Central America? :P He just has Panama, and he snatched that after his initial claim. :P

Also, I'm not going to simply side with one person over the other on the basis of who posted first.
What was that about "first come first serve", now?
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Karmic Knight wrote:The coast up to Benghazi would be perfectly acceptable, and would work fine with the set up of my Empire.
Excellent. I guess that's settled then :).
Would the USSCC be willing to allow states of hostile ideology to the Egyptian Sultanate use of the canal?
That would depend entirely on the ideology in question, I'd think. Generally speaking though I don't intend to deny access over anything but the most serious of reasons; you'd probably have to be actively hostile for this to happen.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Stas Bush wrote:Why is Beowulf claiming territories that belong to MOTHER RUSSIA?

I claim the USSR in it's real life 1925 borders. Let's see the dawn of Crimson Star! :D
Because the vast majority of what I'm claiming didn't belong to mother Russia for very long at that point, but were instead owned by China? I'm sorta assuming alot of the unequal treaties don't occur. Same as Bluewolf.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Ryan Thunder wrote: What was that about "first come first serve", now?
That was something Czech brought up, but I decided it was unfair since it basically favored those who were online when the thread started. I believe I even said in the first post that we'd post claims and then sort them.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Very well.

Nevertheless, I have very good reasons for having control of that region. Turning it into a European colony when its right on the doorstep of a native power would be... well, suffice it to say that things could get ugly for said colony very rapidly.

It's not like Europe needs it in order to be relevant, anyway, whereas my country would be largely irrelevant without it.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Well I thought long and hard about maybe establishing a Boer Empire out of South Africa but instead I am going to claim Mexico at the territorial extent of the First Mexican Empire minus those portion of California, New Mexico, and Texas claimed by others. In turn I am laying claim to Hispaniola, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands though I am amenable to surrendering some of those claims if Thanas does attempt to reconstitute the Spanish Empire.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Thanas my California (and other bits, Steve and I agreed on, including bits of Nevada, Baha, Arizona, etc.) will be a Greater Barony ruled by the Germanic family of House Von Reagan, who were exiled and driven from their Bavarian homeland as consequences of the 30 Years War and because the original Baron von Reagan spurned the advance of some Kaiser's wife who wanted him to be a male concubine. Exiled, they fled with the aid of the Spaniards who set them up comfortably in Mexico (which then owned California).

During the Mexican-Messamerican War (:P) the Von Reagans sided with Cascadia and thus earned a chunk of California and the other states, while Cascadia got a bit of North Calif up to San Francisco.

So, Herr Thanas, how would Von Reaganite-Germanian/Prussian relations work? :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Alright, I give up all claims to the Spanish Empire as I will be playing Germany.

I do however claim the following:
- Austria
- Slowenia (most importantly, Trieste)
- Upper Italy, including Venice, Turin etc up until the Pisa-Florence-Rimini Line

I might still claim mainland Spain and Cuba, depending on the final rules. But this is unlikely atm and will probably not come to pass. I shall however notify everyone that in the next STGOD, I'll take the Spanish Empire.
------------
------------
My LPs
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Beowulf wrote:Because the vast majority of what I'm claiming didn't belong to mother Russia for very long at that point, but were instead owned by China? I'm sorta assuming alot of the unequal treaties don't occur. Same as Bluewolf.
You mean the unequal Russian-Chinese treaties? Well, that's your choice to have a claim on those lands. Be aware there is a counterclaim, that's all. If your claim is upheld, there will be counterfactual history behind it and it won't be a "let's be buddies with the Russkies" one. I see there are other claims on that land as well. The game will be fun.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Thanas wrote:Alright, I give up all claims to the Spanish Empire as I will be playing Germany.

I do however claim the following:
- Austria
- Slowenia (most importantly, Trieste)
- Upper Italy, including Venice, Turin etc up until the Pisa-Florence-Rimini Line

I might still claim mainland Spain and Cuba, depending on the final rules. But this is unlikely atm and will probably not come to pass. I shall however notify everyone that in the next STGOD, I'll take the Spanish Empire.
Well, this might make an interesting game with you on my border...

Who gets to role play the Pope? :lol:
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Germany has no interest in the Pope. He can go pound for all that Bismarck or the Kaiser cares. :P
Last edited by Thanas on 2009-10-17 12:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
------------
My LPs
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Well, this might make an interesting game with you on my border...

The Pope gets a nice NPC Papal State?
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Karmic Knight wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Well, this might make an interesting game with you on my border...

I was thinking of that and discussed with Steve, but we can't think of anyone who might do a decent role play of him.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Mike Wong? :-D
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Thanas my California (and other bits, Steve and I agreed on, including bits of Nevada, Baha, Arizona, etc.) will be a Greater Barony ruled by the Germanic family of House Von Reagan, who were exiled and driven from their Bavarian homeland as consequences of the 30 Years War and because the original Baron von Reagan spurned the advance of some Kaiser's wife who wanted him to be a male concubine. Exiled, they fled with the aid of the Spaniards who set them up comfortably in Mexico (which then owned California).

During the Mexican-Messamerican War (:P) the Von Reagans sided with Cascadia and thus earned a chunk of California and the other states, while Cascadia got a bit of North Calif up to San Francisco.

So, Herr Thanas, how would Von Reaganite-Germanian/Prussian relations work? :D
Okay so just to make sure you are claiming all of California including Baja along with Neuvo Mexico right? I'm curious because I want to make sure I set my borders without infringing on other claims so this would leave me with Sonora, Neuva Vizcaya, Coahuila, and Santander as my northern border provinces.

If I'm not going to have Baja then I'm probably going to claim some additional territories in the Antilles.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

MKSheppard wrote:Mike Wong? :-D
Might as well suggest the Pope was an atheist...
Kreia
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

So, me and Shep get the Indian Subcontinent(to include Burma) Aden/Oman, Sri Lanka, the Seychelles, the Chagos, Mauritius, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, to be divided up between us two.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Karmic Knight wrote:

I was thinking of that and discussed with Steve, but we can't think of anyone who might do a decent role play of him.
Is the pope that important? I mean, TBE and TGE probably both signed a treaty of mutual non-inteference, right?
------------
------------
My LPs
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Well, I had in mind giving Sonora to Shroom as well (in the original NA map Czech's South had it). Of course, the Mexican Empire could very well also control Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras at minimum.

Hrm, if we go with the approach that Mexico was able to lay claim to Spanish-held islands in the Caribbean, shall we give Mexico Cuba?

Basically, you'd lose Sonora and Baja but can make claims in Central America and the Caribbean. Maybe even talk to Bean about Belize.

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Sorry for blatantly just asking, but has anyone else laid claim to Australia and nearby parts of Indonesia?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Raj Ahten wrote:Sorry for blatantly just asking, but has anyone else laid claim to Australia and nearby parts of Indonesia?
Not for the moment, if Marina plays though that's where she'd have Kaetjhasti. Not sure she will be.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Wilkens, uhh... my territory was decided by Steve, since I was just content to have him do all the thinking. :P

Goddamn, you're Mexico? Aw mang, this means I'll have to be careful and not be too much of a dick. But that's okay. Heh, guess you'll finally have your wish and get the Shrooms hanging out with you Messican dudes. :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!