SDN World 3 Country Claiming

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: SDN World 3 Country Claiming

Post by Mr Bean »

I don't like the idea of adding extra land somewhere. If you want extra land seems the best way is to take it away in true 19th century realpolitik.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Understandable.

Unfortunately I suspect Sorchus will soon experience such an event upon game start....
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Steve wrote:Okay, here's what will probably be the final map, all claims made and acknowledged. I'm not sure about Lascaris' border in comparison to Norse's though.
It looks good to me, Lascaris might want Parana but I want a buffer zone ;)
Norseman's Fics the SD archive of my fics.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Would anyone object to me forming a duel monarchy of Switzerland and Afghanistan? It’d never have time to do much with it given school and all, but I think it would be amusing to combine the two reclusive mountain states, and well it’d also just be good to have someone playing those countries since they are rather critical terrain. As in its good if people can’t just invade them without thinking. Also I like forts, and I'd rather maintain an impartial position with regards to the conduct of naval warfare if I participate at all.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Would anyone object to me forming a duel monarchy of Switzerland and Afghanistan? It’d never have time to do much with it given school and all, but I think it would be amusing to combine the two reclusive mountain states, and well it’d also just be good to have someone playing those countries since they are rather critical terrain. As in its good if people can’t just invade them without thinking. Also I like forts, and I'd rather maintain an impartial position with regards to the conduct of naval warfare if I participate at all.
I wouldn't mind you holding fort in that corner of the world actually...
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Would anyone object to me forming a duel monarchy of Switzerland and Afghanistan? It’d never have time to do much with it given school and all, but I think it would be amusing to combine the two reclusive mountain states, and well it’d also just be good to have someone playing those countries since they are rather critical terrain. As in its good if people can’t just invade them without thinking. Also I like forts, and I'd rather maintain an impartial position with regards to the conduct of naval warfare if I participate at all.

Hi there, neighbour. :D

As for adding land mass - as has been proposed - wouldn't that rather destroy the whole indonesia =strategic location idea?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

How would it? And it was just a light idea anyway.

Skimmer, my brain would rather see you run those two countries separately on my behalf as mod. A unified Switzerland and Afghanistan just completely shatters my suspension of disbelief in this game.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Steve wrote:How would it? And it was just a light idea anyway.

Skimmer, my brain would rather see you run those two countries separately on my behalf as mod. A unified Switzerland and Afghanistan just completely shatters my suspension of disbelief in this game.
Throw in Siam too! Then claim that the Siamese conquered the other two :-D
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Norseman wrote:
Steve wrote:How would it? And it was just a light idea anyway.

Throw in Siam too! Then claim that the Siamese conquered the other two :-D
Keep it up and I switch you and Demetrios on the map...... :? :P

Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Steve wrote:
It’s basically a way to introduce a basic standard of industry to Afghanistan, and Islamic hill tribes to the Alps. I don’t see it as much more outlandish then some of the other countries being created across dramatically different ethnic lines. I’d have little run and yet more overhead handling them separately so I won’t be doing that. I guess I could just take Siam instead. In that case you shall meet my 60,000 ton coastal defence ship.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Honestly I would prefer a Siam player. So that's cool.

......60,000t coastal defense ship, hrm? Why am I suddenly very, very afraid? 8)

Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Steve wrote:Honestly I would prefer a Siam player. So that's cool.

......60,000t coastal defense ship, hrm? Why am I suddenly very, very afraid? 8)
Because the shells weigh almost two tons and go 50,000 yards?
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

I'd love to see a Switzerland-Afghanistan dual monarchy. I've no idea how such a nation would be played, but I bet it'll be hilarious :D.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

Looking at the map it looks like Guinea-Bissau is in Portuguese Green, I never claimed it, but will keep it if it's mine.
School requires more work than I remember it taking...
Lascaris
Padawan Learner

Post by Lascaris »

And points oh points

Republica Federal Cisplatina

Population: 2
Home territory: 2 (377095 square km consisting of Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina provinces)
Colonies: 0
Industry: 3
Economy: 3
Infranstracture: 4
Standing Military: 3
Naval focus 3 (2 +1 from industry)
Army Focus: 5
Air Focus: 5
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Cisplatina could always claim that part of its population is made up by Brazilian refugees from the Civil War.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Go ahead and put that in population so you can have 50-75M, Las. I'm not enforcing strict historical populations.

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Steve, please check your PMs.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Because of the unfortunate timing of my claim in Queensland I am happy to give up all but 300,000 square Kilometers of Queensland as part of the treaty between Steve and Beowolf. Perhaps as a barrier between Steve's claim and Beowulf's?

Note I already modified my points claim.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Agent Sorchus wrote:Because of the unfortunate timing of my claim in Queensland I am happy to give up all but 300,000 square Kilometers of Queensland as part of the treaty between Steve and Beowolf. Perhaps as a barrier between Steve's claim and Beowulf's?

I only care for Queensland west of the 141st Meridian. The rest is between you and Beo.

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Agent Sorchus wrote:Because of the unfortunate timing of my claim in Queensland I am happy to give up all but 300,000 square Kilometers of Queensland as part of the treaty between Steve and Beowolf. Perhaps as a barrier between Steve's claim and Beowulf's?

North east of 20S 138W, is what I suggest you claim.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Beowulf wrote:

Agreed, and with your permission so it shall be.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Agent Sorchus wrote:
Beowulf wrote:

Agreed, and with your permission so it shall be.
Err... sorry, that should be 138E, not west.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Beowulf wrote:
Agent Sorchus wrote:Agreed, and with your permission so it shall be.
Err... sorry, that should be 138E, not west.
So Cape York Peninsula down to south of Townsville. Sounds good to me.
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

I don't know if it's too late, but I looked at the last map and Mongolia appears to be unclaimed. Would it be a problem to claim it at this point if that were true?
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!