SDN World 3 Country Claiming

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Re: SDN World 3 Country Claiming

Post by Ryan Thunder »

I also lay claim to Trinidad and Tobago.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Why is a huge part of Germany colored red?

Anyway, I either
- claim the entirety of Germany as shown in here + Austria. I might cut the majority of african colonies loose if they will cost me too much. If I play as Germany, I have to get a unified Germany.

or alternatively
- claim Spain, Protugal, former Spanish Colonial Empire (minus Mexico and the USA territories). Cuba and the Viceroyalty of New Grenada are non negotiable.

or alternatively (worst case scenario, if everybody wants a piece out of the other scenarios)
- claim Germany and Spain, with Cuba, The Viceroyalty of New Grenada and Tsingtao being the only colonies.
Last edited by Thanas on 2009-10-16 06:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Vive la France! I'll be the French Empire, with Morocco, Algeria, Vietnam, and Tahiti as colonial territory.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

I'll take both Republics of the Congo, and Gabon. The place has lots of resources, it just needs someone to properly exploit it.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

KlavoHunter wrote:I was hoping to get the entire island of Borneo to myself, actually.

Along with Java, Sumatra, Sulawesi, and the Malaysian part of the Malay Peninsula.
I'd prefer to retain my claims on Brunei and eastern Malaysia. You could probably claim the entirety of New Guinea and the rest of Indonesia to compensate, though.
Master_Baerne wrote:Vive la France! I'll be the French Empire, with Morocco, Algeria, Vietnam, and Tahiti as colonial territory.
I've already laid claim to Vietnam. Perhaps Laos and Cambodia would suffice as compensation; they were also French colonies, after all. You can have those.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Our world map is going to be right complex...
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

Wheras our political borders are the epitome of sanity and cooperation. :P

I figure my nation will be a former colony that's starting to develop modern industry. It has lots of resources and manpower, but lacks technical skill and experience.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Also, since no one else has claimed them. The Imperial Flag flies over Hawaii and Taiwan.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Zor wrote:Also, since no one else has claimed them. The Imperial Flag flies over Hawaii and Taiwan.

Zor
Either Bluewolf or Shinn has Taiwan.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Taiwan belongs to China I am afraid.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:
Master_Baerne wrote:Vive la France! I'll be the French Empire, with Morocco, Algeria, Vietnam, and Tahiti as colonial territory.
I've already laid claim to Vietnam. Perhaps Laos and Cambodia would suffice as compensation; they were also French colonies, after all. You can have those.
Sorry, missed that. Laos and Cambodia it shall be!
Last edited by Master_Baerne on 2009-10-16 10:00pm, edited 2 times in total.
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Ryan Thunder wrote:I also claim Panama, because nobody else has and its relatively small.
It also happens to be the best location for a strategically placed canal. :D

As for what I am having it really depends on who's going to be my colonial patron that made me a commonwealth. So far only Rogue Ice has expressed an interest in that as far as I know. I'd prefer it be a somewhat resource rich area; maybe Argentina and Chile. I really don't care too much as long as I'm next to some other PC nations so interesting things can happen.

Edit: Canada or Australia plus some islands (and New Zealand :wink: ) might also make a good choice if I really want to pursue the commonwealth angle to the max.
Last edited by Raj Ahten on 2009-10-16 09:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Raj Ahten wrote:
Ryan Thunder wrote:I also claim Panama, because nobody else has and its relatively small.
Well of course.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Ryan Thunder wrote:
Raj Ahten wrote:
Well of course.
Well it being "relatively small" belies its strategic importance :wink: .

Edit: It should be noted I have no problem whatsoever with you having it though.
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

I would like to add the colonial claim of Kenya, Somalia, and Abyssinia to my claims of the Benelux, Tunisia, and Libya.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Someone should claim to be Emperor of Abyssinia and try to bring back human sacrifice. Just saying.
Conversion Table:

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

The Indian subcontinent is going to have to be re-worked for it to work with me and Shep. I also had an idea of the Grand Dominion and Shepistan having colonial empires in the Southern Arabian peninsula tha(Aden for the GD, Oman for Shepistan) for chuckles.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Mozambique please.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:I'd prefer to retain my claims on Brunei and eastern Malaysia. You could probably claim the entirety of New Guinea and the rest of Indonesia to compensate, though.
It depends on who else's countries are in the area. Certainly I intend to control at least part of the rest of the region to make up for my loss.
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Additional claims: Marianas, the Ryukyu, and Nanpo island chains. Territorially, they don't add up to much.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Zor wrote:Also, since no one else has claimed them. The Imperial Flag flies over Hawaii and Taiwan.

Zor
I believe Steve has Hawaii as a colony.

Ryan, me Steve and Czech talked about Panama. I think it can be worked out, but just keep in mind: we'll have an interest in you. :wink:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Bah. I want Italia, Greece, Anatolia, the Levant Coast, Syria and maybe a colony in Arabia or in Mesopotamia.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2009-10-16 11:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Um, Zor? You'll notice Hawaii is colored in Cascadian green. And it's a lot closer to me than it is to you.

This is what I get for posting the thread while sleep deprived. I figured people would understand the extent of the NA claims right away through the colors.

Anyway, Cascadia also has Samoa, Midway, Wake, and the Gilbert Islands (based around Truk) as old coaling stations turned into general support stations in the Pacific. Since I can easily justify those little sandspits along with Hawaii with a point spent in Colonial Territory.

Thanas, the red in Germany was Czech playing around and having the House of Hannover still ruling Britain. I told him that if you wanted all of Germany you were getting all of Germany.

As for Panama, we figured there would be a Canal and that whoever has Panama is the owner, with special rights to an assortment of nations - Cascadia, the Union, and the South at minimum, maybe Mexico as well - that include garrisons in the Canal Zone.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

If i get South Korea and all of Sakhalin, i accept without probelem.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Steve wrote:As for Panama, we figured there would be a Canal and that whoever has Panama is the owner, with special rights to an assortment of nations - Cascadia, the Union, and the South at minimum, maybe Mexico as well - that include garrisons in the Canal Zone.
Excuse me, but who's to say it'd even have been built yet in this timeline, much less by any of you? My position in South America doesn't imply that I'm an easily-influenced shithole by default.

That's not to say that agreements couldn't be made, of course, but I don't think you can just foist them on me like that.