Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Raesene
Jedi Master

Re: SD.Net Lords of Darkness Mk-II OOB

Post by Raesene »

Margraviate Ostarrichi

Ruler: The Most Honorable The Markgraf Raesene

Location: Prince Edward Island; planned expansion towards original Earth's Canada (Labrador, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia etc..), possibly Greenland.

Capital: Miramare, replacing Charlottetown. My manor is my own design, based on a downgraded copy of the Gefechtsturm Augarten and have it painted white. It will be built in stone, but able to carry its weight for at least 300 years, and have appropriate foundations. Height should be about 35m to the upper platform, and 30m to the bird's nest. Outer diameter would be 25m, inner diameter about 20m. I'd give it four floors, not counting cellar, ground level and the platform. Arrow slits will be present in all floors above the second.
If there are protests to the design, I'll revert to the White Tower of London.

Personnel:

350 Goblins
1000 Orcs
300 Naga
150 Satyrs
50 Minotaurs
50 Centaurs
50 Ursoids

No Ogres or Duckmen

As I am an equal opportunity lord, neither gender nor race will be a hindrance for a career - I demand competence and loyalty.

Starting Tools/Gold

Initial Tools (7500 * 0.05)
375 -- Lumber Axes (modern make)
375 -- two-handed-Lumber Saws
375 -- two-handed-Sledge Hammer
375 -- Shovels
375 -- Pickaxes
375 -- Plows
375 -- 10-meter measuring spools

Gold (7500 * 5 grams)
37.5 kg of gold

Languages:

I'll gift my loyal subjects with english and german, and train a few (10-20%) in other languages, especially those of the natives.

My cubic meter of goods will definitely include my old high school books of physics, mathematics etc. , a variety of tools and 'How-to...' books on topics of farming, carpentry, pottery, sailing etc. Some survival-books and travel descriptions of early explorers of the region could also help. I'll buy a good encyclopedia on a CD-ROM, so I know what's possible. My university lecture notes and books will also come with me, especially those dealing with inorganic chemistry, that chould be the most relevant part in the near future. Additionally, books on the construction and handling of sailing ships will come with me (also basic for sailing).

A lot of swiss army knives are also included. These knives would be used as a reward for exemplary service.
Maps of the region (in a variety of scales) are also bought and taken with me.
Paper and lots of pencils are also packed. I'll also try to get hold of seeds of modern plant breeds, and small trinkets of glass beads, mirrors…
I'll also include some (warm) clothes for me, a stab vest and cultures to produce beers and other alcoholic beverages as well as for cheeses and some sausage types. I'll also include a 1-2 kg of coffee and tea, and some spices (if I'm to be a lord of darkness, I want my luxuries). Some labware for distillations and testing (pH-paper and such, water quality etc.) is also included. I will also take a good telescope and a few binoculars with me.

I'll exchange about 1000 of my cows for sheep, pigs and chicken, and ask for potatoes as part of the starting seeds. My subjects should also know how to grow them. I do hope I get 4 chickens per cow, the rate should be a bit different than for the conversion to pigs or sheep.

At first, I'll have my followers construct and maintain farms and roads, build water or wind-powered mills and sawmills (taking blueprints with me in my m³, if necessary of children's toys, building bigger ones step by step) and more boats/small ships for fishing and trade. I'll also send out scouts to map the surrounding territory, correcting the modern maps I took with me.
I'll try to ally with nearby natives, offering them tools and/or aid in return. I will not start a conquering spree in the beginning, the immediate inhabitants will have a heart attack if they see the construction or consider me a demigod anyway.

I'll educate the intelligent creatures using my school books, teaching them to read/write and basic mathematics at first if necessary. That way, they form my scientific elite that can improve the tech level. The constrution of a primitive steam paddlewheel tugboat will be performed whenever the opprtunity arises, i.e. enough iron and coal available and the smiths competent enough.

Trade goods will be timber, salted fish, salt, alcoholic beverages, maybe cheeses and sausages.

I'm interested in cloth, metal ores, coal and any other products of conveniene you can think of.

As a note, I might post irregularily due to RL concerns (PhD thesis).

EDIT: added telescope, binoculars and examples for the labware.

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Question. Did we ever decide on a set interval between "turns," so to speak?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Darth Yoshi wrote:Question. Did we ever decide on a set interval between "turns," so to speak?
I believe it was "when 90% of the people have posted 4 times in a row, or something like that, in truth I think it was something like one week our time to one year.

EDIT:
also, post OOC questions and such in the original 10pager since this is supposed ot be pure OOBs
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!