SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread IX

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread IX

Post by MKSheppard »

Siege wrote:Granted that won't include double-hulled oil tankers...
ITT We learn people have poor reading comprehension.

Having a double hull wouldn't have DONE anything. The damn thing took a freak wave broadside; and split in TWO PIECES -- things weren't helped that this was it's last voyage before it was scrapped; so maintenance had been....substandard the last five years.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Steve wrote:I'm curious, actually, as to why a Japanistani tanker was off my coast when North America has a ready supplier of oil in Alaska? A cheaper supply than provided by trans-Pacific shipping from a country we're not too friendly with?
The Supertanker was taking a voyage from Japanistan to the Caymans. After unloading it's last cargo, it was to go to the IRT, where it was to be scrapped by the incredibly cheap and unscrupulous shipbreakers of Tonkin.+

And pretty much all Japanistani merchantmen have secondary roles as AGIs, with the Japanistani military subsidizing route extensions so that snooping can occur.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

MKSheppard wrote:
Siege wrote:Granted that won't include double-hulled oil tankers...
ITT We learn people have poor reading comprehension.
That's a funny accusation, considering anyone with a semi-decent understanding of the English language would see that I was responding to Fingolfin's inquiry about how many international conventions we've chosen to adopt, which wouldn't include the 1992 amendment to the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships.

Here comes the clue bus: I didn't say a goddamn thing about whether or not the ICPPS would've stopped the breakup of your stupid tanker or not.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Goddamn, people need to stop dying! Too many funerals lately...
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

DarthShady wrote:Goddamn, people need to stop dying! Too many funerals lately...
I disagree.

The right people need to start dying. Like Karic.

Or Shep.

Yeah, Shep totally used up his nine lives.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Wow I have not been here in a long time.

What have I missed?
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Bluewolf wrote:Wow I have not been here in a long time.

What have I missed?
Super bombs.. more statesmen dying... more dickery...
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Bluewolf wrote:Wow I have not been here in a long time.

What have I missed?
Super bombs.. more statesmen dying... more dickery...
Business as usual (someone had to say it)
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Shep, PMed you on something.
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

PeZook wrote: I disagree.

The right people need to start dying. Like Karic.

Or Shep.

Yeah, Shep totally used up his nine lives.
Agreed! Both of them have to die. Now where did I put those NOD assassins... :D
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

I haven't been posting lately because I had run out of ideas for awhile. Some thinking has rectified that and now its time to shake up the status quoe a little bit.....
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Raj Ahten wrote:I haven't been posting lately because I had run out of ideas for awhile. Some thinking has rectified that and now its time to shake up the status quoe a little bit.....
'Status quo' went out the window awhile ago.

Ah, Karic. You know PeZook, I don't know the final plans for him or anything, but I might just PM you that random thought I had one night when going to bed anyway. It's all...dramatic and stuff.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

There is a certain status quo. We aren't on a runway to war, and if you look at the relative militarization of CATO members, the only nation that would be wielding disproportionate amounts of military power would be Byzantium; and it faces Japanistan in the South, so that's self-explanatory.

Needless to remind our esteemed co-players, all the recent military "violations" of the status quo that led to tensions have came from the MESS side. CATO mostly engaged in verbal attacks and not a single time utilized actual military force to provoke a conflict; and decisively rebuked real foreign attempts at provoking such a conflict despite many members being extremely irritated with the behaviour of the MESS in general and some of it's memebrs.

(Yeah, yeah, this is me the deceased Grand PooBah... :P )
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

RogueIce wrote: Ah, Karic. You know PeZook, I don't know the final plans for him or anything, but I might just PM you that random thought I had one night when going to bed anyway. It's all...dramatic and stuff.
Why, go right ahead :)

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Stas Bush wrote:There is a certain status quo. We aren't on a runway to war, and if you look at the relative militarization of CATO members, the only nation that would be wielding disproportionate amounts of military power would be Byzantium; and it faces Japanistan in the South, so that's self-explanatory.

Needless to remind our esteemed co-players, all the recent military "violations" of the status quo that led to tensions have came from the MESS side. CATO mostly engaged in verbal attacks and not a single time utilized actual military force to provoke a conflict; and decisively rebuked real foreign attempts at provoking such a conflict despite many members being extremely irritated with the behaviour of the MESS in general and some of it's memebrs.

(Yeah, yeah, this is me the deceased Grand PooBah... :P )
Yeah. I wasn't even talking about that. Random international/military dickery has been pretty much status quo from the first game, at least when certain people bother being active. :wink:

I was talking more about the whole Rage Attack/Yacht-go-explodey thing. Which was "awhile ago". Or was it? Time is very fluid around here. After that, status quo went right out the window.
PeZook wrote:Why, go right ahead :)
I do believe I will.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Stas Bush wrote:There is a certain status quo. We aren't on a runway to war, and if you look at the relative militarization of CATO members, the only nation that would be wielding disproportionate amounts of military power would be Byzantium; and it faces Japanistan in the South, so that's self-explanatory.
I would happily cut back on one army corps (which is larger than most corps) if given a choice, really. And then cut down on squadrons etc. but hey, I am right in the firing line against an Imperium here with more troops and planes than most armies out there...
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

RogueIce wrote: I was talking more about the whole Rage Attack/Yacht-go-explodey thing. Which was "awhile ago". Or was it? Time is very fluid around here. After that, status quo went right out the window.
Interlude happens about four-five days afterwards, but I've been having trouble chasing the timeflow due to RL concerns.

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

For the record I don't intend to try and put the two major alliance groups at each others throats or any crap like that. That would be more of an earthquake than a little shakeup. First I've got to get some record keeping posts out of the way as regards to what Indhopal has been building and so forth before I can move on to plot.
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Also Shady, if we were to continue the CATO stuff, how would you want to do it?
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

OK, consider me officially back in the game.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Few more posts and this gets the lock

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I RETURN!

Shut up, RogueIce. PRIME NOIR will continue!

*whispers* PeZook... what do I do?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I RETURN!

Shut up, RogueIce. PRIME NOIR will continue!

*whispers* PeZook... what do I do?
Quick! Hide your men! Hide your boys! Flee! :D
Kreia
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Hey Shroom, . I am glad to see you back :D
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Bluewolf wrote:Also Shady, if we were to continue the CATO stuff, how would you want to do it?
Shit son, you keep disappearing for so long that I forget about you. :D

PM me and we will work something out. :wink:

The game is kinda slow these days so we have time. I need to catch up on stuff first and make arrangements to have an awesome funeral for Comrade Stanislav. Maybe even build a statue or two in his honor or something. :)

EDIT: Now that Shroom is back, things should speed up. Welcome back Mang! :D