Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: STAR WARS: A Galaxy Divided IC

Post by Thanas »

Thirdfain wrote:State Building
G'Rinn Go City
Sullust

"You are correct, Mme. Ossilege, that there was no one left to fight in the Core. That's why Coruscant is currently in the hands of cabal of Imperial sympathizers as opposed to the legitimate Galactic Republic for which your very state owes it's continued existance. Now matters have changed. Despite our exile, we still believe in the Obligations of State which the Galatic Republic carried out before and after the unfortunate Imperial abberation.
I would only home, Mme., that your own people might display a similar idealism as opposed to consorting with a government which consists of Imperial military dictators, corrupt kleptocrats, and Gentlemen known to associate with Darth Vader.

Now, as for your proposed treaty, it is of course obvious that the Imperial Remnant is rightful sovereign over Coruscant and the Core- if, that is, you embrace such disgraceful Imperial philosophies as Right by Conquest.

As the New Republic does not hold to such barbarous innovations, I must offer a counter-proposal.
1. The Formal Surrender of the Imperial Remnant to the New Republic and an admission of illegitimacy, formally ceding all claims to the Imperial Throne or command of the State and repudiating the legitimacy of the New Order to control the Galactic Republic.
2. The Planet of Coruscant to be evacuated promptly by Imperial forces, and the cession of that world to the care of the New Republic.
3. The Extradition of General Daine Jir and his Excellency Nahdonnis the Lord Prahji to face investigation and trials for their actions in the service of Darth Vader.
4. The Release of SoroSuub and other former Corporate property to their original Sullustan owners on all Remnant worlds.
5. The Return to Republic control of all seized Fleet Assets, Military Bases, and other peices of Federal Property taken since the death of Palpatine in the Remnant worlds.
6. The Remand of Mirith Sinn to Republic authority to undergo trial for dereliction of duty and treason.
"As we have long considered the Imperial Remnant to be a sovereign state, albeit one which has vastly overstepped it's actual condition as a small collection of holdout worlds, I feel no need to sign a paper asserting thus. Once the above agreements are ratified, of course your world, as well as the others under the command of the Imperial Rump, would be free to join or ignore the Galactic Republic as they see fit, seperately or as a whole. Our quarrel exists only so long as you claim Coruscant and the Legacy of the intolerable institituion which was Palpatine's New Order.

Of course, our terms are negotiable."

Ossilege was taken aback by this. I am negotiating with a fanatic.

"Secretary, allow me to put some things in the right perspective. First of all, despite your rather low opinion of our leaders, let me tell you that several of them have been known to be friends of one Luke Skywalker, I am sure you have heard of them. As for your proposal of extradition, I must say that it is without merit. Both Marshal Jir and Lord Praji enjoy immunity as Imperial Ruling Councillors. You may of course appeal to Regent D'Asta to have that status revoked.

As for the surrender of Coruscant, I must say that this proposal is a tad hypocritical. Your forces fled Coruscant and left behind a mass of starving citizens. Which we fed. In fact, the sole reason our state exists is to ease the suffering in the core worlds, suffering you too have caused. It weren't just Imperials who fired at the battle of Coruscant. And now that we have expanded a great deal of resources on that world, you just want us to sign it over to you.

Furthermore, the charge against Councilwoman Sinn is without merit. She and many surivors were left behind on Coruscant when you fled the planet. Left behind to die under a pile of rubble. Only our rescue efforts are the reason she is still alive. If anyone deserted, it was you who deserted her.

As for the release of corporation assets, we would be willing to accomodate you in that regard if we are guaranteed the release of Imperial assets on your worlds.

I also find your charge of illegitimacy hypocritical. The Imperial Remnant does hold elections and my own state of Bakura has held more elections than you do. The Imperial Remnant has also pledged a galaxy-wide referendum on all of its planets to determine the future political system."

The ambassador took a few seconds to calm herself.

"However, in case you do not agree about our moral judgement, let us return to the cold, hard facts. Facts do not care about morality, Secretary.

We currently have defensive alliances with four nations, three of whom are CORE members.

Your fleet has 30 heavy combatants, 15 carriers and a total of 171 smaller ships. Which is impressive, but not when counted against our numbers. Nevermind the fact that most of our heavy units can dish out a lot more firepower than yours.

Our combined nations currently field a fleet of 159 ships you would classify as a heavy cruiser and above. We currently field 849 ships classified as medium and less - and that is not counting scouting units like the Decimators. We have enough armies to invade and occupy your planets and the ships to do so. You are outclassed and outnumbered at least five to one. We have enough ships to blockade your entire empire and still have enough left to defeat every fleet you can send against us. We have five times the manpower pool and we have six times the ship production capability. Tell me, Mr. Secretary, how high do you rate your chances?

The Imperial Remnant does not wish a war, but if you start one, we will end it and history will remember your nation as little more than a footnote - a nation that was too proud to decide when to start a new life, a nation that was willing to throw away its future, a nation that was willing to bite a hand that stretched out and wanted nothing more than to live in peace."

The Ambassador paused. "If you are still unwilling to reconsider your opinion, I demand to speak to your superior or to address your senate. You call yourself the Pragmatic League, live up to the name."
Last edited by Thanas on 2009-09-03 06:57pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Presidential Palace, Capital District
Nysacia Prime, Federal Republic of Nysacia

Ry Shen, Right Honorable Ambassador of the Galactic Empire, wasn't sure if she was supposed to be honored or intimidated by the display. The Nysacians had met her Vindicator with force: A hulking MC90 Star Cruiser, a pair of Republic-class Star Destroyers, a quartet of Nebulon-Bs and swarms of X-wing fighters in parade formation. They had "offered" (read: insisted) that she and her honor guard be brought aboard the Star Cruiser for transfer to the planet's surface.

While debarking her shuttle and taking a brief tour of the ship (officially moving from one bay to the other), she couldn't help but notice the changes. No doubt that was the reason for the rigmarole. A closer look revealed that the X-wings were being repainted in Nysacian colors and that most of the personnel were wearing a new uniform distinct from those of the NRDF.

After a very brief security check, her entourage was spirited aboard a Nysacian shuttle and down to the planet's surface. Sure, Nysacia Prime was not Coruscant and the Presidential Palace was not the Imperial Palace, but both of the former were completely intact, Ambassador Shen reflected bitterly.

There was no waiting, no further runaround, and she was expediently ushered into the office of His Excellency the President Gethrim Kade. At first, she thought the large man looked terribly stern (an odd thing, considering his ridiculous attire) but as soon as he noticed her he all but exploded in joviality.

"Ahahaha, welcome Ambassador, welcome!" He laughed, clapping his gloved hands in a bizarre display of applause. "I'm so glad you could make it out here to pay us a visit! I can't say I'm surprised, though. We seem to be the last bastion of order and civility in the whole Expansion Region. Our little state! Can you imagine? Anyway, I assure you, we are more than ready to assume the responsibilities our new position entails. So tell me, Ambassador, what can Nysacia do for the Empire?"
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

Thanas wrote:Although spies reported the Golden Republic had sent envoys already, it was decided to sent a mission as well to their capital world considering that the power of the envoys to actually negotiate was unclear. As the Golden Republic was not considered a hostile power, a Vindicator class cruiser carrying Diplomat Lorth Trun (male human) was dispatched to Alsakan.
Alsakan System, Victory Star Destroyer G.R.W.S Sanguine

Commander Deke Mills was keeping a close eye on his crew today. It was their first official mission as a Central Command warship of the Golden Republic, and he was not about to let something as routine as a trade patrol mess up the freshly painted VHC-12 on the ships "wings". Under his piercing gaze the bridge crew was quick to spot and identify the Vindicator that dropped in system...

"Sir new contact just dropped out of hyperspace, mass and power readings make it out to be a Vindicator!"

"Sound General Quarters, Raise shields, launch TIE's and power weapons." Deke rapped out the orders with a confidence born out of his years serving and fighting aboard warships since the waning days of the Galactic Civil War. "Signal the Reliant to cover us..."

"Sir the Vindicator is transmitting diplomatic codes requesting that the Ambassador from the Imperial Remnant be allowed to speak with our government!"

"Very well stand down the general quarters, have our TIE's form up parade formation and ask the Reliant mirror us on their port side. We'll show them to the capital in style!"

A little while later

"Excuse me Chancellor an Ambassador from the Imperial Remnant has arrived in system and is requesting an audience." The aide handed Jos a datapad with the transcript from the initial messages transmitted between the Imperial Remnant vessel and the Sanguine.

"Mmm.... Have Mentor Zicti meet me in the Chamber of Falling Water, we'll meet this Lorth Trun there and try not to botch our first diplomatic meeting with another Power." He chuckled at the horrified look on the aides face. "Don't worry Haga Zicti is probably the formost diplomat in the galaxy, this will go well and soon we will have new friends and hopefully allies."

Results: Thanas your Ambassador has arrived and is soon to enter into talks with Chancellor Kor and First Ambassador Zicti. Next bit of the dance is yours.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Mon Calamari Space

A MC90 Star Cruiser is pulled out of hyperspace by an interdiction field, weapons powered down and transmitting New Republic diplomatic codes. Ambassador Alyosha, a Mon Calamari herself, was a natural choice for this mission. Hailing from the watery world of Lecroia, Alyosha was eager to establish and staff a new embassy on (or even under) the surface of Dac. But before what was hopefully going to be a posh assignment, there was important business to discuss.

Nysacia was independent of the New Republic (or what fractured remnants still existed) but the Admiralty had grown quite fond of the few Mon Calamari capital ships they'd inherited from the NRDF. Ships that would soon require specialty parts. Also, the Federal Navy wished to build more and larger MC series warships to supplement their domestically-produced New Class designs. Whether it was a license to construct Mon Calamari ships in Nysacia or a contract to buy the ships from Dac, the President had assured her that either would be most agreeable.

Jandrell Manor
Oured, Federal Republic of Nysacia

"The OLD Republic, eh? How droll!" Einham, the Moff Jandrell lowered himself into his favorite chair. "It seems the galactic circus has a new ring. What did you think of him?"

Burien, his Twi'lek servant, poured him a glass of tonic. "I am not so good at reading human emotions, Master," he qualified before answering, "but he seemed to be earnest and genuine."

"Oh, I don't doubt that; most ideologues are." For a moment, the elderly Moff was taken by a coughing fit. After a sip of his drink, he continued. "This galaxy needs less ideologues and more pragmatists. Like the current crop in charge of the Empire."

Burien had nothing to say about that. His emancipation under the New Republic had not changed his life one whit. It was business as usual, the only difference now was that he was getting paid. Paid with money he didn't need and seldom used.

"Gethrim is meeting with an ambassador from the Empire as we speak," Jandrell illuminated. "But the real reason he pawned the Paleo-Republican off on me is because he can't stand the Jedi. Did I ever tell you about that?"

"Yes, Master." Burien replied.

Jandrell coughed again. "Technically the lot from this Golden Republic aren't Jedi, but Gethrim doesn't care. Says light siders are just dark siders who haven't lost their minds just yet."

"Mistress Tillean would agree, Master."

"Yes, and so would I, on principle. They can be useful, but often more trouble than they're worth." He took another drink, staring into the fireplace. "Especially when they occupy The Throne."

"Do you think it will come to war, Master?"

"Well of course it will come to war. It always does. Unlike my damn fool daughter though I can abide the other powers doing the fighting-and dying-for us. The Separatists are another matter. I wonder if the Empire has the stones to do what must be done with regard to them. Perhaps this Golden Republic can be put to use."

Summary: Nysacia seeks to establish an embassy on Dac and to either secure license to build MC series warships or offer Dac a contract to do so. Diplomatic relations are opened with the Golden Republic, trade deals are on the table, as are alliances should the Republic prove hostile to the Separatist holdouts.
Last edited by Darth Raptor on 2009-09-04 06:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

State Building
G'Rinn Go City
Sullust

The Secretary of State nodded slowly. "It seems you mis-understand the situation, Ambassador. You know as well as I do that the numbers you have so exhaustively cited are nothing new to us. You say that the Imperial Remnant does not wish to start a war, but the fact is, you are completely wrong."

He removed his monocle and gently wiped a bit of dust off of it. "Do you know why I am here, Ambassador? I'm sure you know at least a little of what the Fenbasmeline name means- money, privilege, culture. Why am I here, on this unpleasant foundry of a world, negotiating for the tattered rump of the Republic? Something drove me away from my old life to this place and set me to work in this fashion, at grave risk to life and limb."

I won't tire you with another sad story of Imperial excess, Mme. Ambassador. They're practically axiomatic. But you have heard such stories before- the enslavements. The executions. The assassinations. The seizure of power, the trampling of the individual before the total power of the New Order State. Now, I know you believe you've found something different in this Remnant and it's progressive Council- but that is not a risk we are willing to take. There are some trillions of beings within a day's hyperjump of this spot who feel the very same way.

I say the Remnant does want to start a war. By raising the flag of Imperial Palpatinism over Coruscant, by emulating that abomination, you hold a knife to the neck of society itself, to the promise of freedom so many have fought and died for over the last twenty years.

The Empire was not glorious. It was not a model worth emulating. You talk of treaties, of recognitions? I recognize this Remnant for exactly what it is. Ha! You say we are outnumbered five to one. When I fled my home seeking the rebellion it was a thousand to one. I will offer a counter-proposal. Relinquish your claim to hold the banner of Empire; allow the establishment of a Republic garrison on Coruscant and the re-location of the Senate to it's rightful place. We will waive our calls for the extradition of whatever traitors or weekend patriots you hold. Coruscant must be the Seat of the Republic, and you must acknowledge the legitimacy of the Senate as the inheritor of the Galactic throne. Until that last nail can be put in Palpatine's coffin, we will do what we must to end Palpatinism in all it's forms."

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Dreaded Unreal Time
Admiral Rowan bow slightly to Aeron Bell, Emperor of Corellian as he took the ceremonial pen and took two smooth steps to the podium. Amplified by the microphone disc, his words carried all over the former throne hall.

"Former citizens of the Empire, former citizens of the Republic, to those of planets and systems that remained un-aligned or neutral... hear me. I am Admiral Rowan, head of the Core Protectorate. This day with the full approval of every ruler of every world under the protection of the CP I am here today to pledge the support of the Protectorate to this agreement."

His words ringing off the walls he paused, his eye's sweeping over the crowd of delegates and their guests. As he paused he knew the thoughts running through the heads of the smarter of those attending. Before them stood an Admiral. Just and Admiral standing there in a standard black Imperial Officers uniform. Those who had an eye for such things saw the cut and tailoring were excellent, but they also noticed the bareness of it. Aside from his rank cylinders the uniform was empty. Standard dress for this was to wear full medals and several of the captains and other admirals from the Remnant and Manticore almost glittered in comparison. The black sharply cut uniform made a sharp contrast to outfits of the rulers behind him and the officers before it. As was of course intended...

"When Baron Ragez D'Asta approached the CP I must admit I was hesitant, some of my advisers were against it. But not two days after his first request had arrived, a second followed to inform me that Star Empire had agreed. And a week later his embassador brought me the news not only of the plan to rebuild Coruscant but that Corellia had agreed as well? How could I refuse?"

His voice had boomed before, now it quieted but firmed. "This galaxy of ours can not take much more of this bitter fighting... and for what? For a thousand years the Republic endured, for less than three decades so did the Empire, for less than one so lasted the New Republic. We must find a new way, we must have peace and a time to heal. This day on Coruscant we make a beginning on that. Today, this day..." He paused, his voice growing louder as he spoke the formal words.

"This day, with the power invested in me by the worlds of the Core Protectorate, I hearby sign this document and pledge the everlasting support of the Core Protectorate to both the rebuild of this world, and to working towards the last peace all here desire."

He placed the pen down and stepped back as Ragez D'Asta stepped forward.

/unreal time
Thanas wrote:(OOC: I am going forward with my conference stuff as some imperial players are too busy. These will just have to catch up in dreaded UNREAL TIME).

At the conference

As the leader of the Core Protectorate had finished signing, it was up to Ragez D'Asta to deliver the closing words.

“Fellow citizens of the galaxy, today we have taken the first step towards reclaiming civilization. This is a day of celebration, but there will be days of labor ahead. For our work has just begun. But it will have an end and rest assured that this end will be the beginning of a new, glorious age. Citizens of the galaxy, we bid you farewell.”

On cue, the Imperial March started playing and to the tune of it, the delegates and Imperial council members departed for their shuttles.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

(OOC: These are the speeches listed in the itinerary as unofficial speeches. They give a few more insights into my nation. Any guests who wish to comment and ask questions can do so.
All ship designs and images are (c) Fractalsponge1, who has kindly given me permission to use his custom designs for my factions. As such, I will eventually built his larger ships as well, but at this point in the story the smaller ones are better suited to me and would not immediately bankrupt my empire.)

Core conference
Skyhook
Lecture/conference hall 1
Speech by Prime Minister Gaeriel Captison-Thanas, Head of the Bakuran Republic, on:
“Are Imperial and democratic values anathema to each other? A look at the succesfull integration of Imperial and New Republic citizens in the Bakuran Republic.”

It had been decided that the four speeches would be happening at two different halls in order to give each audience the opportunity to ask questions. Thus, speeches 1 and 3 would be taking place at lecture/conference hall 1, whereas speeches 2 and 4 would take place at lecture/conference hall 2. Both had all the luxuries a Skyhook provided - from personal screens to soft real leather. Waiters were standing by with refreshments.

Gaeriel Captison rose to polite, but muted applause and approached the podium, noting with interest that Emperor Bell of the Second Corellian Empire was in attendance. “Your Imperial Majesty, excellencies, fellow delegates and officials. The topic of my speech is the supposed divide between the Imperial and Republican ideologies and whether they are anathema to each other. Let me answer this right away – they are. But that does not mean us Republicans and you Imperials cannot work together. Before I dive into the subject matter, I would like to use a few minutes to introduce myself, for my personal history may serve as an example for the rest of this speech.

I was born on Bakura in the Year 981 after the Ruusan Reformation, the Year 16 after the Great ReSynchronization, the Year 0 of the Emperor's reign or the Year 19 before the battle of Yavin. The use of all these time measurement units is no pasttime of mine, but to highlight that just because we use different terms, it does not follow that we mean differetn things. When I was 17, I won a position in the Bakur Senatorial Academy and at the age of 19, I won a seat in the Bakuran Senate. One year after the Battle of Yavin, the Galactic Empire invaded and annexed Bakura, both of my parents died during the battle in which the Imperial forces proved to be victorious. Two years after that, I did postgraduate work in Imperial Center, upon my return to Bakura I resumed my seat in the Senate. Despite the death of my parents, I did not blame the Empire for it as my religion dictated that everything in the universe was in balance – and the Empire did bring economic growth, stability and safety to Bakura. Or so I believed at the time. And then I met Luke Skywalker.”

Gaeriel paused for a second, observing the effects the name had on her audience. Some Imperials were grimacing, but the vast majority was simply listening with rapt attention.

“Bakura was attacked by the Ssi-ruuk, who intended to convert the entire populace into energy source via a process called entechment. My husband was then the commander of the Bakuran defence force, but even the best use of his talents could not save us. Our planet instead was saved by alliance forces under the command of the aforementioned Luke Skywalker. During the fight and over the following years, I discovered several things:

First, the empire at large was quite willing to sacrifice entire planets and millions of its citizens to gain a trivial technological advantage – for the price of a few droid fighters, Palpatine was willing to sacrifice Bakura and all its citizens and Imperial forces defending it to the Ssi-ruuk. Second, that the Imperial Governor of the planet was quite willing to betray his military allies - the rebellion and was also willing to poison dinner guests in order to hand them over to the Ssi-ruuk. By and large, the actions of the Imperial government and the actions of the local Imperial representative were betrayals of its citizens.

I further learned that my parents had not been killed in a crossfire, but that they were executed on Imperial orders on the suspicion that they were rebels. I also learned that the empire had kept a woman I consider a relative if not by blood then by choice in a debilitating medical condition – she was forced into a state of advanced senility due to a parasitic insect that fed on her brain. All of those atrocities were committed on Imperial orders and thanks to commander Skywalker I did finally see the Empire for what it really was. I also no longer consider myself to be religious.

I continued to play a role in Bakuran politics alongside my uncle Yeorg, who was the first prime minister of our independent planet. We faced several problems, one of the most pressing being the integration of former Imperials into Bakuran society. Under the Palpatinian period, Bakura had been one of the targets of Imperial colonization efforts, with Imperials occupying key positions in all of Bakuran society, including the repulsorlift industry. Needless to say, the former Bakuran defence forces had been 100% Imperial. We managed to achieve a reconciliation, nay, a union between those political factions through several policies. First, we did not persecute anyone for his political beliefs as long as he proved to be a loyal citizen. Second, we made sure that trials were based on fact, not on hearsay. And finally, we did not at any time confiscate Imperial property without proper compensation. When my uncle Yeorg retired and I succeeded him as the youngest Prime Minister in Bakuran history, I did so as the president of a unified Bakura and when I married my husband, it was not the union between a rebel and a former Imperial, but between two citizens.

Therefore, based on the practical example, I would suggest that no matter our political differences, society does not need to be divided along those lines. As long as both sides agree to adhere to the law of civilization and not committ atrocities, there is no reason why Imperials and so-called Rebels cannot peacefully coexist.

But what of the higher political philosophy? Now we enter an area in which a union seems to be impossible. First, both systems have its advantages when purely considering the practical applications. The Imperial system allows for quick reaction by the central power and is often more stable due to less political bickering due to elections. The Republican system on the other hand allows for a higher freedom of its citizens, which in turn leads to greater wealth and a higher standard of living. It also generally prevents abuses of powers like the ones I mentioned. I personally believe in the philosophy of Rouss'tau, that power flows from the people and that the people are the only legitimate sources of political power, however others clearly do not.

While the systems themselves are mutually exclusive in their most radical form, this does not mean there cannot be a synthesis between them. All the political power in the galaxy will not help anyone if he is not alive anymore to exercise it. And if we venture too much into the era of unlimited democracy, we arrive at the Old Republic, where too much representation led to the election of Palpatine – because there was no strong figure to stop a mad chancellor with a parliamentary majority, we arrived at the empire. Or the Naboo crisis – democracy is not worth anything if it turns into two rancors and a bantha deciding what to have for lunch.

I would therefore posit that the ideal system is a balance between both Imperial and Republican ideas. I would also submit that there are times in the galaxy when it becomes necessary for one idea to gain prominence over the other – of course, this time has to be a limited one. Therefore, Bakura supports the current system in the Imperial Remnant, even though it is is unsatisfactory for a Republican like me. However, the Imperial side has a point when it argues that representation can only take place if people are not starving anymore. Thus, the current structure is highly tied to another subject – reconstruction. Once reconstruction is complete, we will have to reexamine the status of the two systems. When the time comes to write a new Imperial constitution, it has to be determined which system will prevail – but for the time being, the sight of Imperials and Republicans working together should be enough to prove that the two values can coexist together. I hope that when reconstruction is complete, that which unites us is stronger than the ones that divides us. I already believe that this is the case, for our mutual goals, namely the reconstruction of the galaxy and a peaceful coexistence are shared by everyone.

The past is full of examples of a synthesis – the constitutional monarchy is just one of them. I personally believe it would be a good system for the entire Imperial state. Bakura joined the Imperial Remnant under the condition that as soon as reconstruction would be complete, there would be referendum on the political system of the Imperial state. I hope that we can find a compromise then. Even if our political ideals are anathema, our people are not.

Thank you for your attention. I shall now take comments and questions.”

Skyhook
Lecture Hall Two
Speech by his Excellency, Lord Nahdonnis Praji, Head of House Praji, Governor-General of Kaikielius, Foerost and Ruan, Marshal of the Galactic Empire, on:
“The new Imperial Navy – new ship designs, new structure”.

Lord Nahdonnis Praji looked over his audience and noted that it was mostly filled with professional officers. He had expected – and preffered – this. While all the airheads are over at Captison talking dreamy philosophy, this is where states are made and nations fall. Praji, being the military man he was, was not in favor of any talk about “consitution” or “political values”. To him, the only political values that mattered were a strong commitment to the military and the financial support for said military.

And luckily, the council had decided to approve most of his plans, which he now announced to the public. Or as public as this meeting would get, considering there were no news reporters around.

“Greetings. I will now present the plan for the new Imperial Navy. First of all, an overview about the strategic situation. As you all know, we currently face both the siths – who join borders with us – as well as numerous belligerent factions. We also face the common threat of slavers and pirates. The Imperial Remnant therefore will operate under the assumption that there are at least two, but maybe four states hostile to us. Thus, our navy must be strong enough to meet that challenge. The forming of an alliance was the first step towards this. It ensures a common defence strength which no other alliance we know of can currently overwhelm. Thanks to our joined borders, our combined forces can assemble within a few hours and be deployed to meet any threat. However, the Sith have always been cunning enemies and we should not get complacent.

The Imperial Navy therefore aims to be the strongest navy in the galaxy. We have already started a rapid expansion plan. This year, our fleet will be joined by 4 Victory II Star Destroyers, 8 Carrack Cruiser and 36 VT-49 Decimator class assault ships. Our shipyards are among the largest in the galaxy and we will expand them by 2 1600m and 1 3600m shipyards in the foreseeable future.

The situation of the galaxy also demands that our structure changes. Under the old system, strategical forces were given preference over regional units. As there are no large-scale regional forces anywhere left, this distinction has become meaningless. Instead, we will give preference to naval units according to the following distribution table which should appear on your seat screens now. I should note that this does not apply to the Bakuran Navy, which has its own support structure.
Units with a high preference and high quality of recruits:
- Interdictor units
- scouting units

Units with a high preference and medium quality of recruits:
- Allegiance class command ships
- Tector class star destroyers

Units with a medium preference and high quality of recruits:
- Carrier forces

Units with a medium preference and medium quality of recruits:
- Star Destroyers
- convoy escort units
- cruisers

Units with a low preference and low quality of recruits:
- planetary stationed forces
- garrison forces
- reserve units
- space station crews unless otherwise specified
“The reasons for that are simple. First, the larger a ship, the less important the individual crew member becomes. Therefore, our larger units will receive medium quality recruits, excepting of course elite units. Second, planetary stationed forces, garrison forces, reserve units and space station crews are useless when it comes to offensive actions, whereas spaceborne forces have a much higher value. Meanwhile, our interdictors and scouting units are the most important units in the field – one locates the enemy, the other traps it. Some forces are of medium importance but require a high quality of recruits – our carrier forces, for example. More on them later. Convoy escort units meanwhile only face threats from pirates at the moment and we have just defeated the best organized pirate group there is. This does not mean that we will let our recruiting standards lax. On the contrary. We have tightened standards and will also look at means of automatizing ships. I cannot go into this further at this time.

As for the strategic picture, the majority of our forces is stationed in the core, leaving our non-core worlds somewhat vulnerable. To counter an attack on them we have placed planetary shields on every member planet. Also, concentrating our forces prevents them being picked off piece by piece and allows for a rapid response. Thanks to our alliance, potential enemies have to deal with our allies first before reaching us – with the exception of the Sith empire. Rest assured that the Remnant will immediately come to the aid of any beleaguered party.

The Imperial Remnant realizes that in the current situation, it is impossible to gain an edge quantitiy-wise. We currently do hold the record for heavy units of all nations, but we lag behind in other areas. We especially suffer from a shortage in cruisers and units who can operate alone behind enemy lines. Our current fleet program addresses those issues, but it will take some time.

We do believe however, that although it is impossible to gain an edge quantitiy-wise, it is possible to gain an edge quality wise. Simply put, we are operating under the design philosophy that a single Remnant starship must defeat any ship of similar size. Therefore, our new designs, which I will introduce in a minute, are built from materials that have undergone a 20% stricter quality control. The Remnant believes that the extra price to pay is small compared to the importance. In the days of a Navy of 25.000 ISDs alone, a single ship did not matter that much. Today, this has changed and the fortunes of all our empires might very well rest on one ship soon.

To this effort, the Imperial Remnant will soon introduce three new designs into the fleet. The design studies are done, but of course it will take some years before the designs themselves can join the fleet. Nevertheless, it gives me great pride to introduce them here, in front of such a dignified audience.

links to larger versions: 12345
Name: Procursator class light Star Destroyer
Faction: Imperial Remnant only
Size: 1200m
Price: 10 points
Building time: 10 months
Armament: 3x triple-barrelled HTL turrets (170 teraton per barrel), 24 capital missile tubes, 40 MTL in 10 quads, 24 larger-caliber LTL/ion cannons, 144 dual-purpose LTL/light ion cannon/point defense guns.
Complement: 24 starfighters
Crew: 10.000 + 2400 troops
Consumables: 6 months.
Role: Long-range patrol, rapid strike craft, cruiser, space superiority
The Procursator class destroyer is the answer to the Nebula and related designs. It has the same engines as an ISD-I on a smaller spaceframe, thereby making it very nimble and very fast. It is a combat vessel and can stand in the line of battle, covering larger ships.It has an armored hatch shielding the hangar, carrying 24 starfighters and possess the best targeting sensors we have. It is however over-armed (reactor power output 3.7e24W) and thus has a devestating alpha strike, but can only sustain 60% of that armament in prolonged combat at 1 shot/sec/barrel. It is therefore best used in flanking actions or any other situations where a fast, powerful ship can play to its strength.
“A few explanations to the design choice. First of all, the lack of a true rapid strike craft that can destroy enemy heavy units was heartily felt, especially with the advent of the Nebula class SD which prevented the VSDII from taking that role. This ship closes that hole in our order of battle. As we designed it, we briefly toyed with the idea of upgrading the VSD once more, but we felt that a new, larger spaceframe was needed. As there was no need for a large amount of consumables due to our much diminished territory, we radically reduced the amount a ship this size would normally carry. You may call it our Nebula class destroyer, but this would miss the point. This ship is designed to defeat every ship its size and run aways those larger ships it cannot engage. We feel this ship is rightly deserving of the name Procursator class light Star Destroyer. ”

Praji paused for a moment, allowing the delegates to look over the design schematics. From their looks, they were impressed. And rightfully so, Praji mused.

“The Imperial Remnant will export this design to any friendly nation if asked, no matter the diplomatic status.”

“For pricing, please sent an inquiry to the Lady D'Asta, I am just a soldier.” Polite laughter followed, though everyone knew Praji was more, much more than that.

“Our second new ship class is a new variant of the ISD.” Now he definitely had their attention.
Name: Imperial III class Star Destroyer
Size: 1600m
Price: 13 points
Building time: 12 months
Armament: 12 octuple HTL batteries (3840 teraton), 36 warhead launchers (capship grade), numerous smaller armaments
Complement: 72 starfighters
Crew: 37340 + 1200 troops
Role: Capital ship, space superiority
A continuation of the successful ISD MKII line, the ISD III has several new features to offer. First, the Remnant decided to completely forego troop space except for a small marine force. The number of consumables carried was also lowered drastically and the cargo space nearly completely abolished. This variant has the same targeting sensors as the Procursator class. The space vacated by troops and less storage space translated into stronger weaponry of shields. The ISDIII boosts a 25% stronger shield strength and a 30% faster rate of fire while carrying a stronger armament. It also has heavy armor plating, making it much less vulnerable to ion cannon fire. However, unlike on Mon Calamari designs, the turrets are still vulnerable to ion cannon fire.
“We will export this class to all allied nations.”

“Now, on to our final new design. The Imperial forces have long lacked a strong battle carrier. The Venator design is nearly 40 years old. We have therefore decided to design a true battle carrier class. This one approaches dreadnought size and will be classed as such. It will also take the role of Imperial flagship until stronger dreadnoughts can be constructed”
Link to larger version
Name: Perditor class battle carrier.
Size: 3100m
Price: 24 points
Building time: 16 months
Armament: 12 dual HTL turrets (4080 teraton) 24 octuple HTL batteries (3840 teraton), 4 heavy ion cannons (800 teraton), numerous smaller armaments
Complement: 24 wings peacetime (1728 fighters), 36 wings wartime (2529 fighters, drawing on planetary garrisons/reserve units for additional fighters)
Crew: 64.000 + 1 corps of troops
Role: Battle carrier
The Perditor class has 4x the firepower and shielding of an ISD and can therefore comfortably stand in the line of battle. It is a dedicated combat carrier.
NOTE: Dreadnought limits apply.
“The Imperial Remnant will export this design to all allied nations”.

By the sound of it, the assembled Imperials liked this design even more.

“We plan to built 12 Procursator class light star destroyers, 6 Imperial III class Star Destroyers and 2 Perditor class battle carriers over the following years. Other than that, we will mostly concentrate on light and medium cruisers as well as frigates. We plan to start researching the first two designs in one year and the Perditor class in two years. We estimate this building plan will take us a total of 9 years to complete, with us having set ample shipyard space aside for export orders.

Gentlebeings, I hope I have not bored you too much” – polite laughter - “ and I thank you for your interest. Any comments or questions?”

Skyhook
Lecture hall 1
Speech by Moff Jurang Saenger, Governor of the Axum system, Commander of the Imperial Effort to reconstruct Coruscant and Anaxes, on:
“The state of the Reconstruction effort."

Moff Saenger looked over the assembled dignitaries. After the usual greetings, he started with a view of the devestation caused by the war.

[several long segments about the industrial implications of choices removed – just imagine the speech being accompanied by a series of statistics]

“My topic is about the three planets on which Imperial reconstruction has taken place. First of all, let me recap the devestation wrought by the war. Before the war, Coruscant had a population of 1 quadrillion, Axum had a population of 250 trillion and Anaxes a population of 125 trillion. These figures sharply declined due to the war, but in many cases refuges fled to coruscant and the Axum system once it became clear that the Remnant would feed them. We still get a fair share of refuges today, though the flood has trickled now that the other nations are having an upsurge in prosperity. The refuge stream of today is down to merely a million a day. The Remnant will still accept refuges of all nations and species.

After the war, Coruscant had a population of 125 trillion, Axum of about the same number due to less devestation and Anaxes was down to 43 trillion. As you can see, Coruscant was the hardest hit of all planets, though devestation was substantial on the others as well. Overall, we imagine that
the total death toll was 1082 trillions or just about 1.1 quadrillion beings. Due to recent refuges and resettlements, we have been able to rise the populations to the following levels:
Coruscant: 135 trillion. Refuges were mostly directed to Axum.
Anaxes: 64 trillion. Due to the recovering economy there, we expect this number to rise.
I am proud to say that Axum has passed the 200 trillion mark and is experiencing a further upswing in population. However, we have started redirecting refuges to Anaxes. Other refuges were resettled on other planets of the Remnant. Our Bakuran members were most generous, while other refuges found work on Nez Peron and Ruan.

Our recovery effort focused first on Axum, out of two reasons. First, it was a major center of industry and therefore critical to the recovery effort itself. Second, it was the most intact of the planets. We did give equal attention to refuges centers and feeding the populations of all planets, but we focused our resources on Axum first in order to gain a center of industry at the core. This has proved to be the right choice as Axum has been fully restored and is now devoting considerable resources to the reconstruction effort.”
(OOC: this piece is fluff. Axum was a full planet when I bought it at the start of the game).

“The Imperial Ruling council has now fully financed the Anaxes recovery effort. We expect it to be completed within six to eight years and hope to have finished it in six years.

Coruscant is a more pressing problem, one that we admittedly not have found a solution yet. We will divert more resources to it as soon as possible, but for the moment we have to focus on Anaxes. As much as it pains me to say, this is a choice that will eventually ensure a faster reconstruction of Coruscant. However, the fact that starvation has been virtually eradicated as a cause of death is a positive one.

In closing, I would like to thank our allies and trading partners. Many of them allowed us the use of their architect bureaus in rebuilding the ruined cities of the three planets. Many of them sent generous aid and food shipments. These selfless acts of generosity fill my heart with hope for a new glorious age of prosperity, stability and security. Thank you.”

Skyhook
Lecture hall 2
Joint speech by the Lady Feena D'Asta, Baroness designate of Nez Peron and head of the Imperial Diplomatic Corps and Clan Leader the Rt. Hon. Kandon Secura, Representative of Ryloth, on:
“The common threat of the galaxy. Pirates, insurgents and slavers.”

As the two speakers walked up to the podium, there was a bit of a murmur in the crowd. Secura was unknown to most of them. With the Lady D'Asta it was quite the opposite, but more people were wondering about her status as heiress-apparent than about the subject of her speech.

“Your majesties, fellow excellencies, gentlebeings.

As I am sure you are all aware of, the Imperial Remnant recently defeated one of the largest pirate bands in the galaxy. However, this does not mean that the threat is over. Let us review the past successes of the pirates.”

Clan leader Secura continued.
“As I am sure you are aware, my homeworld of Ryloth was the hardest hit. Before the fall, we had a thriving space colony in our system. It has been completely wiped out by slavers. Even more slavers were targeting our people on the surface. It has been estimated that as a Twi'Lek you had a 25% of being enslaved. We currently estimate that of the Twi'Lek population in the galaxy, 50% are enslaved. Most of these are held on the Hutt or Hutt-aligned slave worlds. But Twi'Leks are not the only slaves in the galaxy, we are just the most visible. For every Twi'Lek slave, a dozen others exist, from all nations and species. Thankfully, Imperial forces protected my homeworld.”

Feena interceded. “The clan leader is too modest. What happened was that he led a succesful guerilla war that drove the slavers off planet and then petitioned us for help, which we were glad to answer.” That the matter had been a bit different – that the Bakurans pressured for this and were in effect pretty much alone in protecting Ryloth was not something for public discussion.

Secura continued. “Other Imperial and non-Imperial forces have been succesful as well. The Core Protectorate, the Star Empire of Manticore and the Second Corellian Empire have all eliminated slavery, as did several other states. The Core Protectorate has had a particularly successful campaign against slavers and we would like to take this opportunity to thank them for the many citizens returned to Ryloth.

However, unless the slave worlds themselves are taken and the slaves freed, the bane of slavery will continue to haunt the galaxy. The Bakuran Navy has been the hardest hit in the pursuit of this task and I would like to thank them for their service at this time. Rest assured, their sacrifices have not been in vain – we have managed to recently install a planetary shield generator at Ryloth, therefore safeguarding that planet from any further slaver attacks. ” He did not deign to mention that a great deal of the clans had made their living on selling off their people into slavery and that these clans had been growing more and more dissatisfied with Imperial Rule putting a stop to that practice.

Feena continued from here. “However, slavers are not the only danger to civilization. The threat posed by pirates is even greater. Piracy has plagued almost every single convoy outside our respective territories and has even dared to strike at Imperial convoys. Thankfully, we defeated the largest pirate gang, but this does not mean others will not take their place. We have not found a solution to piracy yet and it is unlikely that we will ever manage to eradicate it completely. But I am confident that we will manage to safeguard our convoy lines in the future.

The Imperial Remnant has a dedicated anti-piracy fleet. This anti-piracy fleet will engage any pirate base it finds anywhere. We would welcome any assistance from any nation, no matter whether it be intelligence, fighters, ships, troops or just the odd warning in case of an impending attack.

The Imperial Remnant is dedicated to the galactic peace and the galactic safety. With the signing of this alliance, we have found steadfast allies dedicated to this goal. The Imperial Remnant hereby pledges that it will not rest until every single one of its citizens has been freed from the horrors of slavery.

Thank you for your attention. I shall now take comments.”

OOC Results:
- new ship designs revealed
- lots of fluff about the Remnant revealed with a lot of relevant information in it.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Presidential Palace, Capital District
Nysacia Prime, Federal Republic of Nysacia

Darth Raptor wrote:"Ahahaha, welcome Ambassador, welcome!" He laughed, clapping his gloved hands in a bizarre display of applause. "I'm so glad you could make it out here to pay us a visit! I can't say I'm surprised, though. We seem to be the last bastion of order and civility in the whole Expansion Region. Our little state! Can you imagine? Anyway, I assure you, we are more than ready to assume the responsibilities our new position entails. So tell me, Ambassador, what can Nysacia do for the Empire?"
Ry Shen curtsied, as protocol dictated an ambassador do in the presence of another head of state.

“Your Excellency. Indeed, the galaxy has changed in so many previously unimaginable ways. The Imperial Remnant would like to congratulate you on your success and would like to propose the following treaties:
Mutual recognition and diplomatic contact
1. All signatory states will recognize that the other state is a sovereign state in its own right.
2. All signatories will stipulate that the other is the rightful sovereign over its territory and people
3. All signatories will enter into diplomatic contact, to be kept by the stationing of permament ambassadors on the respective capital worlds until holonet access is restored.
4. The Imperial Remnant will pay for the stationing of an ambassador and his staff in a luxury complex in Ord Cantrell. This compley will be considered sovereign territory of the Pragmatic League.
5. Likewise, the Federal Republic of Nysacia will pay for an embassy of similar size and comforts to be opened by the Imperial Remnant in the Capital District of Nysacia Prime.
Trade Treaty
1. A trade pact is to be signed between the respective nations.
2. No tariffs may be imposed of any kind, save in the case of Coruscant and Anaxes, on which the Imperial Remnnant must fix prices due to reconstruction needs. This exemption ends when reconstruction is complete.
3. Convoy security shall be covered by both forces in mutual agreement, with command between the escort forces switching from one state to another every year.
We are most interested in raw materials and construction parts. Our own planets offer a wide range of products of which to choose from. For example, the Bakuran liquor is renowned throughout the galaxy, whereas Axum offers ever industrial product imaginable. Ruan is a primary agriworld as well. We also have a thriving repulsorlift industry on Bakura.
Treaty of non-aggression
1. Both signatory states stipulate that they will not commit acts of aggression towards each other
2. Each signatory states stipulate that they will not harbour pirates and other criminal organizations which may be used to target the other signatory state.
3. Each signatory state shall not commit to any war waged by any ally against the other signatory state or its allies, unless the ally in question was provoked.
4. Each signatory state may withdraw from this treaty. If this comes to pass, both former signatories will stipulate that they will not commit acts of aggression within one year of withdrawal.
5. Withdrawal from this treaty except in case of breach shall result in a fine of at least 100 currency units to be paid to the other signatory state.
The ambasador curtsied once more. “Your excellency, I hope you find these terms to be quite agreeable.”

Alsakan System
Chamber of Falling Water

As Lorth Trun entered the room, he was surprised to see not one, but two people waiting for him. The first one was the Chancellor, according to his brief, but from their positions he figured that the other (who was not mentioned in his brief put together by Imperial Intelligence) was supposed to conduct the meeting. Very strange. After Refreshments were served and polite introductions had been exchanged, he bowed and started in earnest.

“Excellency Kor, I bring you greetings from the Imperial Remnant. We congratulate you on your success as a nation-state and would like to offer you the following three treaties – a mutual recognition treaty, a trade pact and a treaty of non-aggression.”
(OOC: For treaty details see above, they are the same except for the name of the other state switched from Republic of Nysacia to Golden Republic)

He held out his datapad, waiting for someone to take it. Let's see who is in charge of this meeting...

OOC:
- diplomatic proceedings underway. Treaties proposed to both the Golden Republic and the Federal Republic of Nysacia.
------------
------------
My LPs
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Imperial Palace, Cinnagar, Empress Teta

Empress Teta. Located on the Trunk Line and the Carbonite Run it was a trade hub with a long and proud history, one of the radiant jewels of the Deep Core. In the hey-days of the Galactic Republic this planet, covered in cityscape, had been one of the few worlds that rivalled Coruscant in its industriousness, population, and sheer splendour. Now that Coruscant lay in ruins, much of the trade that had once gone to the galactic capitol went here instead. As a result, Empress Teta flourished like never before. A million heigh-liners arrived in orbit every day, disgorging people and goods, taking on more, then departing again for every conceivable region of the galaxy.

Despite the tumultuous state of the galaxy, then, life was good.

And for some, it was better than good. Down below the defensive line of Golan III stations and the fleets of patrolling warships, through the diffuse atmosphere and past the tens of millions of shuttles, rising from the obscure depths of the planet-spanning city of Cinnagar, was the Imperial Palace. The antediluvian structure of blackest obsidian towered over the many ancient and beautiful buildings of Imperial Centre, overshadowing even the titanic Great Library of Cinnagar.

Long had the Imperial Palace been known under a less grandiose name. The Iron Citadel, as it was once called, had a long, dark history. During the rise of the Krath it was their base of operations. Satal Keto tortured Ulic-Qel Droma in the dungeons here, and Qel-Droma later fought and killed Keto on a balcony of the palace. Qel-Droma also duelled the Dark Jedi Exar Kun in the Citadel, and during the contest both men were transformed into Dark Lords by the long-dead Sith Lord Marka Ragnos. The Imperial Palace was a historic landmark of dark side history.

It was little wonder, then, that it was this place from which the ruler of the Shadow Empire preferred to rule. The Citadel was the stronghold of Sith Lord and Emperor Darth Shady, the forger of this new Empire from the ashes of the old. But a shadow of the old, some whispered, but then Palpatine hadn't forged his in a day either.

Right now however Emperor Shady did not care for the limited scope of his realm. He was far too busy cackling.

“Mwa-ha-ha!” laughed the Emperor. “Ha-haaa!”

“My lord?” Lord Terest frowned. “Are you all right?” It seemed the Emperor was in one of those moods again. You could argue that no Sith in the long and clouded history of the order had ever been entirely stable, but Darth Shady was definitely sitting firmly on the 'insane' end of the spectrum.

“Silence!” the Emperor's voice boomed from his velvet-upholstered throne. “My mirth is well justified!”

“Please enlighten me, my lord” replied Terest, and bowed. He sighed inaudibly. Yes, definitely one of those moods. This was going to be a long day.

“The Republic is resurgent on Sullust” the Emperor said triumphantly, as if this somehow explained his overjoyed outburst.

Terest restrained himself from rolling his eyes and humored his liege. “And how does this help us, my lord?”

“Is it not obvious?” the Emperor's eyes rolled in their sockets. Thick and nauseating waves of Dark Side energy rolled through the throne room. “While two Rancors are fighting for a bone, a third runs away with it!”

“Uh, of course, my lord.” Terest didn't at all understand what his master was getting at, but he knew that in these circumstances it was just better to let the Emperor rave for a while. Sometimes when he was in this state the Emperor actually said something useful. According to his master this bizarre behaviour was part of an ancient Sith divination technique, supposedly developed by Marka Ragnos himself. Privately Lord Terest believed there was a strong possibility his master was just plain bonkers. But then, he considered, couldn't that be said of all Sith?

“Ha-haaa! I see clearly now!” The Emperor was standing on his throne, his dark robes twisting in an unseen breeze. “Yes! All is progressing as I have foreseen!”

Terest sighed again and shook his head. It was going to be a very long day indeed.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

State building
Sullust

Thirdfain wrote:The Secretary of State nodded slowly. "It seems you mis-understand the situation, Ambassador. You know as well as I do that the numbers you have so exhaustively cited are nothing new to us. You say that the Imperial Remnant does not wish to start a war, but the fact is, you are completely wrong."

He removed his monocle and gently wiped a bit of dust off of it. "Do you know why I am here, Ambassador? I'm sure you know at least a little of what the Fenbasmeline name means- money, privilege, culture. Why am I here, on this unpleasant foundry of a world, negotiating for the tattered rump of the Republic? Something drove me away from my old life to this place and set me to work in this fashion, at grave risk to life and limb."

I won't tire you with another sad story of Imperial excess, Mme. Ambassador. They're practically axiomatic. But you have heard such stories before- the enslavements. The executions. The assassinations. The seizure of power, the trampling of the individual before the total power of the New Order State. Now, I know you believe you've found something different in this Remnant and it's progressive Council- but that is not a risk we are willing to take. There are some trillions of beings within a day's hyperjump of this spot who feel the very same way.

I say the Remnant does want to start a war. By raising the flag of Imperial Palpatinism over Coruscant, by emulating that abomination, you hold a knife to the neck of society itself, to the promise of freedom so many have fought and died for over the last twenty years.

The Empire was not glorious. It was not a model worth emulating. You talk of treaties, of recognitions? I recognize this Remnant for exactly what it is. Ha! You say we are outnumbered five to one. When I fled my home seeking the rebellion it was a thousand to one. I will offer a counter-proposal. Relinquish your claim to hold the banner of Empire; allow the establishment of a Republic garrison on Coruscant and the re-location of the Senate to it's rightful place. We will waive our calls for the extradition of whatever traitors or weekend patriots you hold. Coruscant must be the Seat of the Republic, and you must acknowledge the legitimacy of the Senate as the inheritor of the Galactic throne. Until that last nail can be put in Palpatine's coffin, we will do what we must to end Palpatinism in all it's forms."

Ossilege had to muster every willpower she had not to roll her eyes at this latest bluster. She also had to bite her tongue from preventing her from pointing out that the name Fenbasmeline did nowhere appear at all on the list of ancient houses. Instead, she noticed that the ignorant fool had budged a little. Maybe there was some hope left still?

“Secretary, you speak a great deal of legitimacy. But where do you derive your legitimacy from?

You call yourself the heirs of the New Republic. This assumes, of course, that this government was ever the legitimate holder of Coruscant. Legitimacy, as I am sure you know, derives from four sources. Tradition, public elections, conquest and widespread acceptance. The truth of the matter is, however, that the New Republic did not wrest control of Coruscant from the Empire via any other means but conquest. There was no popular insurrection, no silent revolution, no election. The Republic took the planet by force. So on the one hand you derive your legitimacy from the very same right of conquest you deny us.

If we therefore use the principle of conquest, we are the legitimate heirs of Coruscant.

However, I might grant you that the principle of widespread acceptance might grant you some form of legitimacy post facto. After all, the majority of nations regarded the NR the owner of Coruscant. The same right, however would also apply to us as every nation but yours has signed a treaty of sovereignty with us. If we go by the principle of widespread acceptance, we, not you, are the legitimate heirs of Coruscant.

If we go by the principle of tradition, surely we are the heirs, for we and the Empire, which was the lawful heir to the tradition of the Old Republic, held it far longer than your New Republic did.

If we go by the principle of public elections, I have to wonder – who ever did elect you to be the owners of Coruscant? Certainly not the people of Coruscant, for elections were only held after the fact. I am also sure that we would easily win any plebiscite among the populace, for we, not you, are the ones who fed the very same people you abandoned.

Furthermore, legitimacy can also be lost – by dereliction, conquest, loss of acceptance and loss of popular support.

For the last principle, I doubt there is still anybody who would support you over the Remnant. You already have lost the widespread acceptance among the nations for as I said, everyone but you agrees that we are the sovereign holders of Coruscant. You also lost Coruscant by conquest to the Galactic Empire and failed to establish further sovereignty over it when the empire collapsed.

Furthermore, you can also lose legitimacy if you derelict your duty towards your citizens. There is no greater example of this than the cowardly flight your people made to here. I shall grant you that this might have been a necessity, but in the end, our forces stayed and yours fled. You failed to ease the tremendous suffering caused by your people, at least in part. Coruscant and the other core worlds lost over 1.1 Quadrillion people due to your inability to fulfil your duty to your people. That you did not care for the fulfilment of these duties is nowhere better exemplified than by the fact that for over two years, you did not approach Coruscant at once. No, you were quite content to let your citizens starve. Furthermore, the fact that you have not at once held an election to confirm your own heads of states speaks volumes to your commitment to democracy.

Even if we you challenge us on being the heirs to the Empire, I will simply point out that the Remnant is not the empire. In fact, when we joined, we created one state out of many fragmented ones, of whom the remains of the Empire was just one of many.

Therefore, we are the rightful owners of Coruscant by conquest, popular support, widespread acceptance and tradition. You have lost whatever rights you may ever had due to conquest, derelicition of duty, loss of acceptance and loss of popular support.”

After this lengthy speech, Ossilege took a sip of water, waiting for the reaction of her opponent.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

"I feel no great need to bandy words on the subject of democracy with you, Mme. Ossilege. It is of course obvious that you do not see where you are heading or what your Remnant truly is. I can only assume you didn't live through Palpatine's ascent. The parallels are quite striking. Of course, your assertions as to our dereliction of duty and our Murderous Intent towards our own people quite ignores the salient facts- i.e, that those people starved and that planet burned because we lost that battle to you. Those quadrillions would still be alive if the power-brokers of your Remnant had accepted the death of Palpatine and the re-establishment of the Republic. But then, why would they? The elite always flourished in the New Order, and they had everything to gain by seizing power. As they are doing now, I note.

We can hardly be held accountable for lives lost during YOUR invasion!

Your Empire brings order and peace, but it's the order of the labor-camp, the peace of the gun. It can not stand. So know this- the New Republic will continue to resist, along with all free sentients in the Galaxy. You fell before, and you can fall again."

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

"Secretary. Either you acknowledge the right of conquest, in which case we now are the legitimate rulers of Coruscant, or you do not, in which case you never had any claim to Coruscant yourself. It is as simple as that.

I shall forgive you for your assumptions about me and my fellow citizens. I can only assume they were spoken not out of malice, but out of deep ignorance about the history of Bakura. I shall also not respond to yet another charge of despotism. I shall also not quibble with you about who caused what devestation on Coruscant, the dead do not care and there is plenty of blame to go around.

Instead, I am asking you this - do you really want to see this world burned? Do your citizens mean that little to you? By the balance, won't you even consider signing a peace treaty? Do you yearn that much to be the aggressor?"
------------
------------
My LPs
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

"And why would we sign a cease-fire? To what purpose? You know as well as I do that the Republic's current forces can not launch an offensive at this point anyway. So preventing that can not be the reason. Perhaps you want the legitimacy which comes from unhindered rule? Well, I am afraid we are unwilling to give it to you. The Galaxy is still in a state of civil war, Mme. Ambassador, no matter your protestations otherwise. Why should we trust you at all? What is to stop you from coming back, a year from now, when your forces are stronger and we've crushed the hopes of the anti-Imperial movement by knuckling under, and taking back Eriadu? Or Sullust? Or any of the rebel worlds which have defied you in the past?"

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Thirdfain wrote:"And why would we sign a cease-fire? To what purpose? You know as well as I do that the Republic's current forces can not launch an offensive at this point anyway. So preventing that can not be the reason. Perhaps you want the legitimacy which comes from unhindered rule? Well, I am afraid we are unwilling to give it to you. The Galaxy is still in a state of civil war, Mme. Ambassador, no matter your protestations otherwise. Why should we trust you at all? What is to stop you from coming back, a year from now, when your forces are stronger and we've crushed the hopes of the anti-Imperial movement by knuckling under, and taking back Eriadu? Or Sullust? Or any of the rebel worlds which have defied you in the past?"
Ossilege nodded. "And what is to stop you from violating it and launching a surprise attack against us? Trust, Mr. Secretary. If you are not willing to even consider for a second that we too would like to live in peace, then I am afraid that this has been a giant waste of time.

Mr. Secretary, any party that would violate a peace treaty would not only destroy any credibility it has, it would also be written off as the galactic pariah. As for the point - we feel that our resources are better spent on Coruscant than on destroying you. I am sure you too have more productive ways to spent your resources.

Mr Secretary, I am offering you the hand of the Remnant in good faith and in peace. Will you accept it or will you declare war against us?"
------------
------------
My LPs
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

"I am afraid that is a hand I can not take, so long as it belongs to the Imperial remnant. If your intent is to bring Sullust to heel by force and dismantle the Senate, I can assure you we will fight to the end."

Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

OOC: Ok, i screwed up and forgot to post some stuff. Here it goes:

Direct reply to Thanas post:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Office of Rhina Fio, Hpaq City, Vulpter, Cultural Union
Rina Fio looked at the datapad and nodded. "These proposals are acceptable to us. In fact, we anticipated that this would be the case and have prepared the following:"

(OOC: Terms of the treaty of Mutual Benefit are to be kept secret)

"Please tell us if your government would find this acceptable.
We are also currently preparing an embassy for your goverment, we will inform you as soon as it is finished."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

*A message arrives at the ISD II Retaliator two days later*

"Captain Hunt, we would like to invite you to the new embassy of the Imperial Remnant. It is located at the Diplomatic
Skyhook next to charbi city. You will find more sufficient room for any needs your goverment may have.
We have already built quarters for a staff of aproximately 1000. The desing is according to your predicted tastes, but should you wish to redecorate, we would be glad to do so for you.
Along with these rooms, we would like to provide you with 5000 service droids and 50 personal interplanetary transports.
Please inform us of your ETA, that we may prepare a welcome ceremony for you.
May you have a well-balanced day, Captain"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
OOC: Thanas then agreed to my proposed treaty. However, i was somewhat confusing and denied him the time for an IC-post. For that, i would like to appologise.

Imperial Ambassy, Diplomatic skyhook, next to Charbi City, Vulpter

*Rina Fio enters the Bureau of Captain Hunt*

"Captain Hunt, i am delighted that your Empire decided to sign the Treaty of Mutual Benefit we proposed to you.
I am also delighted to hear that you are willing to trade with us.
Since you are currently rebuilding the city of Coruscant, if figured you would be interested in our construction and engineering droids. Therefore, as a sign of good will, we have already sent a package of ten thousand GES-2 general engineering droids and two dozen HES-3 Heavy Construction droids to Coruscant.
You will find that these droids are highly versatile, independent and capable of nearly all construction tasks, given sufficient resources.
In return, we are mainly interested in your experience in defending your citizens. I think we will be able to find conditions that will assure mutual benefit."

"Now, i think you were invited to a meeting with High Admiral Amyria. Before you go, i would like to inform you that, should your work with her turn out as calculated, we would like to keep you as an ambassador to us. We know that you are formally a military officier, not a diplomat, but we trust your instincts. You may of course bring any diplomatic personell you wish.
For your information, we will formally sign the treaty tomorrow. A Honour Guard will escort you and your staff to the ceremony.
May you have a well-balanced day, Ambassador".

*Rina Fio leaves the room, leaving the finalized Treaty of Mutual Benefit behind.*

General Engineering Series Mark Two

Heavy Construction Droid Mark Three

Last edited by Serafina on 2009-09-04 11:52am, edited 1 time in total.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Sullust

Ossilege swallowed. "Then I am afraid I must insist on seeing your superior or your assembly at once."
------------
------------
My LPs
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

"I have currently acting precisely as instructed by the Commission for Public Safety, and the Senate is currently in recess, so one of your requests is impossible and the other is pointless. Now, I wouldn't want your visit to be a complete loss. We would certainly be pleased to arrange an exchange of ambassadors between the Republic and Bakura, as well as the establishment of embassies. It is the Imperial Council which we oppose, not the states of Bakura, Ryloth, et all."

Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

*This is the recording of a Broadcast by the Great Cultural Union of the Galactic Core, sent to all major systems by message pods*

Greetings, Citizens of the Galaxy. After the turmoil of Galactic Civil War, we are all in the need of rebuild and rest.
Therefore, the Cultural Union has an offer for every civilised being.
We would be delighted to supply your worlds with advanced droids, constructed from everything from personal servitude to large-scale construction.
In trust that compensation will be offered, ambassadors from every culture may take a sample of 1000 such droids with them for FREE *.
We also would be delighted to improve the droids you already have.

In hope of Mutual Benefit.

Doktor Kimiko Ross of the Great Cultural Union

*Ony certain Models are avaiable.

*A number of selected droid models follows*

General Engineering Series Mark Two
see above

Heavy Construction Droid Mark Three
see above

Personal Assistant Unit Mark Six

Advanced Supervisor Unit Mark One

Holographic Entertainmnet Simulation Unit Mark One

General Assistance Droid Mark Five

OOC: This is a trade offer to anyone friendly to the Cultural Union. Just PM me.
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

OOC:

I just updated my IC-post regarding my treaty with Thanas. My appologies for the confusion i may have caused, especially to Thanas.

Regards
Fina

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

(OOC: No apologies necessary, Serafina.)

Sullust
Thirdfain wrote:"I have currently acting precisely as instructed by the Commission for Public Safety, and the Senate is currently in recess, so one of your requests is impossible and the other is pointless. Now, I wouldn't want your visit to be a complete loss. We would certainly be pleased to arrange an exchange of ambassadors between the Republic and Bakura, as well as the establishment of embassies. It is the Imperial Council which we oppose, not the states of Bakura, Ryloth, et all."
Ossilege nodded. Finally, something.

"Very well, Secretary. As you do not wish to engage in official peacetalks, what about unofficial ones? An agreement that neither of our populaces have to ever know, an agreement that will not impact any claims of legitimacy whatsoever. Merely an assurance, an agreement between two professionals if you will.

I propose that we both acknowledge to each other that as none of our ships have fired shots against each other, neither side has any current plans to start invasions against each other. In short, the next time our ships meet in a non-diplomatic situation, maybe we can both hold our fire and not act in a threatening manner?

I am not asking that we should be best friends, this will likely never happen. All I ask for is some kindness extented to each other. I think it would be in both our best interests, especially considering the strategic situation, to agree to this."

Ossilege pursed her lips. "As for the establishment of embassies, I will have to check with my superiors. Without the agreement of her Excellency, Prime Minister Captison, I cannot agree to anything. However, an embassy on Bakura would have to deal with Prime Minister Captison as she is the duly elected head of state for Bakura. Would that be agreeable to you?"
------------
------------
My LPs
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

(OOC: very long post with a great deal of fluff early on. Feel free to skip down to the bottom)

Alsakan System, Chamber of Falling Waters
Jos smiled he could tell from Lorth Trun's behavior and words, not to mention the feelings of surprise he could sense through the Force. Lorth Trun had not expected the Chancellor and one of his highest ranking advisors to meet him. Trun's quick recovery and subtle attempt to see who was really in charge left him wondering if every official in the Remnant was as capable as this ambassador. If so then their two nations would undoubtably find working together an pleasant and mutually profitable endeavor.

Taking the datapad Jos looked over the proprosed treaties carefully while saying "Honored Ambassador this is my close friend and valued advisor Haga Zicti, Mentor of the Jal Shay order and head of our Foriegn Office. I asked him here today as you two will probably be working closely in the future. He also has some questions for you about this CORE Alliance that we've recently begun hearing about."

Haga Zicti bowed "It is a great pleasure to meet another being who is as dedicated to discourse and friendship as the Honorable Ambassador from the Imperial Remnant."

Lorth Trun bowed slightly and replied "Likewise Mentor and I hope our future relationship is profitable to both our nations."

At that moment the Chancellor's comm started beeping with the priority signal. After checking it he returned the datapad to Ambassador Trun and said "I apologize Ambassador, but a situation has arrisen that requires my immediate and personal attention. However I can assure you that the Golden Republic finds your proposed treaties quite accpetable and will be glad to sign them. Now I must leave you with my friend, I'm sure you two will find much to discuss." With that Chancellor Kor swept out of the room.

Haga Zicti smiled at Lorth Trun "Would you walk with me Lorth? May I call you Lorth?" With that Haga turned and started walking along the balcony. Lorth Trun saw that it wasn't merely an alcove behind a waterfall as he had first thought, but rather the entrance to a much larger space.

Coming out from behind the waterfall his breath was taken away at the sight that met his eyes. "Quite beautiful isn't it?" Asked his companion and he was right. A hundred meters above his head was a transparisteel dome and running around the base of that dome was a cliff from which water cascaded at several points. Falling past rock outcroppings and in several places into pools suspended on arches, these waterfalls dropped another hundred meters past where they were standing to a grotto below. Winding amongst these pools and waterfalls were a number of walkways and small gardens.

"This is one of my favorite places to meditate." Said Zicti as the wound their way up towards the top of the falls. "I find this room a sort of metephor for the galaxy, sentient beings shaping and crafting natural elements, but never truely being able to change the natural order. You cannot see it from here, but up top are pools teeming with life. Their still waters and abundant life are like the galaxy as it once was. Peaceful and plentiful, but like the galaxy the water flows towards the edge, where upon it crashes over, striking obstacles with chaotic force as did we when Palpantine took power."

As Trun got over is initial awe he began wondering where this mystical, metephorical speach was going. "Once it reaches the pool below it's fury is lessened and by the crafts of dedicated and skilled designers it slowly returns to the top."

Haga Zicti paused for a moment to take in the whole sight. "Ambassador we now find our selves in the pool at the bottom and it is our duty to work together and strive to bring our civilization back to it's pinnacle."

Trun nodded as his fellow continued. "It is for this goal that the Golden Republic wishes to enter into negotiations with the CORE Alliance. We feel that it is part of our destiny to see the galactic order rebuilt. After all Alsakan was there when the Republic was first founded and wishes to be there when the next twenty-five millenia government is formed. As a sign of our willingness to further the common good and this goal, we would like to host the Core Conference and the embassies of all members until such a time that Coruscant is rebuilt." He paused to allow Lorth Trun to speak.

Meanwhile in FleetOps

Jos strode into the room putting everyone at ease before they could render him the proper curtesy. "Why is our envoy returning from Federal Republic of Nysacia? Were they rebuffed?" He demanded.

"Apparently not sir." Replied the Watch Commander. "According to their report the Nysacian's are interested in opening trade relations with us. However their representative was exceedingly disdaindful of our Republican ideals and goals. The envoy stated that he overheard an aide call us, in a very scornful manner, 'paleo-Republicans' while he was on his way out."

"Hmm... Well we need to try and establish friendly relations with as many powers as possible, but neither can we allow them to dismiss us insignficant or antiquidated... Take 2nd Fleet off of manouvers and have the FCV-02 Colossus and CSA-02 Invincible detach to escort our ambassador. Colossus will remind them that once they too were a loyal part of the Republic and the Invincible will show them that while we are trying to return a golden age to this galaxy we are not so enamoured by it as to not embrace modernity!" (OOC: FCV Fleet Carrier, Venator. CSA Command Ship, Alligiance)

Gordian Dominion, Tiss'Sharl

The Golden Republic envoy had delivered his message to the proper authorities in the Gordian government, now all he had to do was sit back and wait for a response. Would they be interested in peaceful relations or would the Golden Republics overtures be rebuffed he wondered. Well they hadn't blown up his ship yet so that was a good sign!

Jos Kor's office

The intercomm buzzed at Jos looking up from the reports he was reading pressed the recieve button and queried "Yes?"

"Admiral Vibor is asking to see you Chancellor." replied his secretary.

"Send him in." Jos leaned back in his chair, he had a pretty good idea what this was about. There had been a decent portion of the yearly budget that had gone unspent to be used during emergencies or the next fiscal year. However the Navy wanted, no needed a mid-sized cruiser to screen the heavies from other medium or lighter cruisers. He was inclined to spend a portion of the excess budget, but he'd waited to see if the Navy would bring it up first.

Entering the room Admiral Vibor started to salute, but Jos waved him to a seat. "Knock that off Vibor it's just you and me, no need to stand on ceremony. Now what are you here for?"

Taking the indicated seat (and the proffered drink) Vibor started. "Sir as you probably know the Fleet is desperately short on screening elements. Now I know we agreed to focus on our infrastructure and that you like to have a cushion in case of project over runs or other emergency later in the year, but I would like you to consider spending some of the remaining budget to flesh out the Fleet."

"What kind of ships and how many do you want?" Jos's easy acceptance of Vibor's request threw him a little off guard.

"Well sir myself and my senior commanders feel that the Gladiator-class would best fill our current needs. It's heavy turbolasers are perfect for striking down other ships of it's wieght or lighter and the two squadrons of fighters it carries would flesh out the current fighter complement of the offensive fleets nicely."

"Okay but what about the fact it doesn't have any anti-starfighter or strikecraft weapons? Wouldn't the Vindicator be a more versatile and sensible choice?"

"No sir it would not. We need these ships to take down ships their weight or smaller in order that the Star Destroyers are free to engage other heavy cruisers without having to split their attention or firepower."

"Very well. I will order our shipyards to start constructing their maximum capacity of Gladiators and the appropriate numbers of fighters."

"Thank you sir."

Results:The Imperial Remnant's treaties have been accepted and a request to enter CORE has been tendered.

An ambassador has been sent to the Federal Republic of Nysacia with an escort of 1xVenator and 1xAllegiance-class Star Destroyers to remind them that the Golden Republic is not to be dissmissed out of hand.

Our envoy to the Gordian Dominion has delivered his message of friendship and awaits an answer.

An expansion of my fleet to cover the gaping hole in cruisers is being added to the yearly budget.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Serafina wrote:*This is the recording of a Broadcast by the Great Cultural Union of the Galactic Core, sent to all major systems by message pods*
The Cultural Union did not have to wait very long before the first faint but unmistakable reply came back. The signal was received on a high-spectrum hyperwave, indicating it had traveled a very long distance from a location in the outer rim, somewhere in the Gordian Reach. It read:

Greetings, esteemed gentlebeings, from the Gordian Dominion!

We have received your signal and would be delighted to take you up on your offer of droids-for-trade. The Dominion is one of the galaxy's foremost producers of fine crystals, ranging from Dragite and Firkrann to Kathracite and even the rare Stygium!

Oshanna Industries further produces some of the finest hyperdrives, Mobquet Swoops and Speeders, Crawlers, Explorers and Repulsorlift Trucks in the galaxy!

In order to better conduct trade negotiations we have taken the liberty of dispatching a diplomatic envoy and economic mission to the location of your transmission. They should be arriving shortly, and can be recognized by [hypercomm & ship details here].

On behalf of the Gordian Dominion,
Astre-Dan-Theu, Secretary
Department of Galactic Affairs

Capitol Plaza, Giedt, Tiss'Sharl, Gordian Dominion
Kartr_Kana wrote:The Golden Republic envoy had delivered his message to the proper authorities in the Gordian government, now all he had to do was sit back and wait for a response. Would they be interested in peaceful relations or would the Golden Republics overtures be rebuffed he wondered. Well they hadn't blown up his ship yet so that was a good sign!
System patrol vessels guided the Golden Republic envoy and his ship toward Orbital One, one of several large connected space station hubs in orbit of Tiss'Sharl. Once disembarked they were welcomed by an official Tiss'Shar delegation including Si-de-Sid, the President of the blue-green planet that twinkled below.

After an exchange of the usual welcomes, greetings and other diplomatic ceremonies the envoy and his entourage boarded an elevator together with three of the great reptilians. Briefly the envoy's attention was occuppied with the dazzlingly bright markings on the scales of the Tiss'Shar; red markings resembling masks and a crest of feathers for the first, green scales punctuated by yellow-orange stripes, thin red bands around their eyes, wrists, ankles, and tails for the third.

Then the elevator began to move, and the envoy's attention turned toward the planet below, which began to grow with increasing rapidity. The armaglass cabin dropped down the orbital beanstalk toward the capitol below, descending first through nothing but atmosphere but quickly enough through the increasingly thick forest of super-tall structures that dominated the areas around Capitol Plaza. As the descent continued the Tiss'Shark with the red markings pointed out the names of each building, but his Basic was thickly accented by the clicking and hissing of his kind and the envoy didn't get more than one in five names, but nodded politely anyway.

Finally the elevator began to slow down as it approached the huge structure at the bottom of the beanstalk, a collection of domes that looked like crystallized soap bubbles.

Inside the Beanstalk Plaza the envoy was greeted by more officials, this time of the Gordian Dominion government, rather than the local planetary league. The governess of the Dominion enthusiastically shook his hand. In flowery language she told him how excited she was to meet a representative from the old worlds of the Republic, how privileged she felt that he would come all this way to the Rim to deliver a message of peace, and that she dearly hoped he didn't take the presence of so many ships of Imperial design the wrong way - because the Dominion was all about coexistence...

In short, the welcome was rather overwhelming. Not that the envoy minded: the drinks were excellent, and so was the food, and to be honest the view through the massive windows of the capitol city was rather magnificent. There were, then, a great many worse ways for a diplomatic envoy to spend his time...

Result: The Dominion...
  • Responds to the Cultural Union's message concerning trade.
  • Gives the representative from the Golden Republic a very warm welcome; his offer of peaceful relations is immediately accepted and we await the arrival of a full-fledged ambassador!
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

*The Gordian Dominions Ambassadors were greeted by Tey Haako and directed onto Space Habitat 3*

Welcome, Ambassadors. We are DELIGHTED to greet you in our domain.
As Chief Administrators of the Outer Colonies, i have the great honor to present you some of our finest droids.

As you can clearly see, our droids are so advanced that nearly every task that can be done by a human will be done by our droids. Thist station is blistering with productious activity, all without but the smallest amount of human work.

But our droids can do more than just replace. Just three days ago, we constructed an enitre ambassy for the Imperial Remnant. You can trust your ears, excellencies: It actually took just two days to construct luxurous living room for a thousand indivuduals - a task impossible by human work.

If you are interested in other applications than personal construction or luxury:
Nearly all the work in our spaceyards is done by construction droids. Our GES-II series is capable of every imaginable construction task: Everything from a small piece of machinery to entire vehicles can be done by just a single sort of droid!
And if you worry about scale:
Our HC-III series can build everything from a single-story house to entire spaceships.
Surely you have seen one of the Cultures warhips, guarding us from outward hostility?
A whole cruiser can be constructed by just a single HC-III and a few dozen GES-II. All you need to give them are instructions, time and raw material.

Oh, let me tell you another fact about our warhips.
Ask yourself one question: How many humans do you need to crew just one medium-sized vessel?
No, don't answer that - because we need just ONE human to pilot each of our vessels. In fact, the smaller ones have crew of ZERO.

Now, surely you can understand that we can not supply you with military droids immedeatly - but there is a lot of hope there for the future, i can assure you.
But since you are our first regular customers, we would like to supply you with a free sample.
In fact, we will double its size: We are offering you 2000 General Enginering Series Masrk Two Droids for FREE, whether you sign the contract or not!
But if you are willing to sign within the next two days, we would glady adorn you with no less than THREE Heavy Construction Droids Mark Three as a most generous gift.

Now, as for business: We heard that you are the universes finest producers of fine crystals?
It just so happens that we are currently in need of a constant supply of those. We rest assured that you will be able to supply our needs without fail.
Now, these crystals will hardly be sufficient to fully compensate for your need in droids.
We will take your products in vehicles and hyperdrives, perhaps we can trade them for something more valuable.

*As Tey Haako is about to leave, he turns around at the door*

Oh, excuse me gentleman, i nearly forgot:
How would you like your ambassy to look like? We will glady decorate it in whatever way you like.
Just inform us of your prefered style, and we will give our best to construct it just in time.

*With these words, Tey Haako leaves the Dominions Ambassadors at their temporary quarters at Habitat three*

OOC: I am using "human" in a very loose sense for "biologic, sentient being". Anyone got a proposal for a better word?

Conclusion: The Culture is accepting the Dominions trade treaty and offering them a permanent ambassy.
If Siege informs me how the ambassy should look like, i will try to dig out some pictures.

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Imperial Manticoran Ministry of Finance
Budget for Current Fiscal Year

Upkeep of Imperial Manticoran Navy...377 Economic Units
Remaining....................................1798 Economic Units

New Construction:
2x Imperial Research Stations...................40 Economic Units
18x Golan III Defense Stations................252 Economic Units
1x Holonet Transmitter Station.................25 Economic Units

1x 2200m Shipyard...................................400 Economic Units
2x 1600m Shipyard...................................520 Economic Units
2x 1200m Shipyard...................................300 Economic Units

3x Escort Carrier...........................:...............15 Economic Units
8x Nebulon-B Frigate......................................24 Economic Units
4x Lancer Frigate..........................................12 Economic Units
10x VT-49 Decimator Assault Ship.....................5 Economic Units

Remaining.......................................205 Economic Units
Last edited by Master_Baerne on 2009-09-07 09:49pm, edited 2 times in total.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon