SDN Wars: A Galaxy Divided: OOC

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: SDN Wars: A Galaxy Divided: OOC

Post by Mr Bean »

Horray for purging the Galaxy of Jedi, I can get behind that. Consider me on board for that kind of purge. Note, I consider Sith Jedi as well.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

The Bothan Confederacy has no official opinion on Jedi, but unofficially most government officials see Jedi as a weakness for the state, and states controlled by Jedi/Sith are not to be trusted. The Spynet isn't a big fan of Jedi/Sith, but is more willing to work with them than the Congressional Government.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

I got the planets up for my faction now so at least now no one else can claim my systems (but half of them are made up by me anyway, so they would've been secure no matter what :P )

It will probably be a week or so until I can really get into this game as I have to do a little traveling and will be incognito for awhile starting on Saturday. Hopefully I'll have an OOB and a brief history up by then.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

RogueIce wrote:I'm not familiar with KOTOR, so what's the Revan way?
Bring every captured Jedi to "Wounds" in the Force and break him to fight for Revan or die. "Wounds" include Alderaan, Malachor V etc.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Coyote wrote:No problem with Tectors; I don't know why those never got listed. Probably due to a lack of data.

Originally, we put heavy fleet yards off-limits so that people couldn't start the gamne by spamming Star Destroyers; it also reflected the liklihood that shipyards capable of putting out heavy warships were targted for either destruction or sabotage by all sides. They had to be rebuilt, making things like Star Destroyers precious, valuable assets to start with.

But we can open up heavy yards if we want.
Well, technically you could put a construction period that scales inversely according to the number of major worlds held, and then tapers off to a minimum.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I vote against that, for purposes of ease of reference.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Hit the 2000 limit by throwing in Axum system into my starter bag. It claims to be a city planet yet has less then a billion residents so I classified it as a major planet instead of a homeworld.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Erm, I have Axum already.
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Master_Baerne wrote:Erm, I have Axum already.
Errr. woops?
Editing time

*Edit
Speaking of editing is not Carida a dead system after Kyp blew up their sun? Or is that later than reborn emperor. I'm thinking it is but I'm not sure.

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I thought that was afterwards, but I'm not really sure.
Conversion Table:

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Mr Bean wrote:
Master_Baerne wrote:Erm, I have Axum already.
Errr. woops?
Editing time

*Edit
Speaking of editing is not Carida a dead system after Kyp blew up their sun? Or is that later than reborn emperor. I'm thinking it is but I'm not sure.
Carida was destroyed 11 ABY... damn alot of crap happens really fast.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Mr Bean wrote:Speaking of editing is not Carida a dead system after Kyp blew up their sun? Or is that later than reborn emperor. I'm thinking it is but I'm not sure.
According to this. Carida is still around, as the Dark Empire Series takes place a year before the KJA Trilogy.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

That's what I thought. Whew.
Conversion Table:

Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

I am assuming that the major lines of communication are still in a rather poor state.

Also are we going to have a map or are we going to play without?
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Agent Sorchus wrote:I am assuming that the major lines of communication are still in a rather poor state.

Also are we going to have a map or are we going to play without?
I've got two sitting around. One detailed, one not so much. One was published in insider the other one is fan made.

*Edit Format destroying pictures ho!

Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Personally I favor the fan map. It would be easier to mark up.
But any of the maps from linky would work too.
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Post by darthkommandant »

I also prefer the fan made map as it shows the location of 2 of my major planets.
Tiger II fanboy
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Once we've worked out any remaining disputes over rules, could we get them all posted in one place? Right now it seems like there's a lot of discussion spread out over two threads, so their might be some rules I missing (another reason why I hate complex rules, incidentally).

I'd say this is especially urgent given the IC thread just went up (it might be a few days before I post though, as I'm still working on my OOB and also am rather busy with classes right now).
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Am I really reading that right that a full squadron of TIE Defenders only costs me 1 point?
If so I have 300 points left to spend.

darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Post by darthkommandant »

I haven't really did my fighters since I figured that Capital ships came with a full compliment of them as part of their costs. I also saw no point value attached to Separatist fighter types in the ship list.
Tiger II fanboy
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

I slightly messed up the invitation to the opening ceremonies, it should also include The Barras Pact worlds and The Second Corellian Empire. It will be amended though
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Is it Imperium of Kuat, or Kaut? :P
Kreia
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

TIE Defenders and certain advanced Imperial fighters do cost points. I imagine because they're so high powered relative to most other designs.

By the way, I took on Nubia and Froz. The first you probably know because of TPM (Nubian engines) and the other, maybe not. But both are in the Corellian Sector, so I sort of took possession of them as well.

For Nubia that means I have a presense in the Nubus System, which has I think four or five worlds outside of Nubia. I don't control them, points wise, but it's my backyard. Since Wookieepedia pretty much only says "XX is a planet in the Nubus System" I figure they can't be that important anyway. The only listed planet in the Froz System is Froz itself, again according to Wookiee.

Is anybody else in the Corellian Sector? If not I'll probably make it my playground like Fin is doing for Kuat, mostly concentrating on bringing them into the fold. If you are, we'll probably work something out then. Or go to war. One or the other.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Agent Sorchus wrote:I slightly messed up the invitation to the opening ceremonies, it should also include The Barras Pact worlds and The Second Corellian Empire. It will be amended though
I'll rustle up a diplomat or two and send 'em out. Balmorra, being a formerly Imperial world, is at least worth feeling out to see where they stand.

Baerne, you can assume an appropriate reply has been sent, signed by my Emperor who doesn't yet have a name. Hence why I didn't write it up. :D

Am I missing anything else in these initial moves with people reaching out to the Second Corellian Empire? I'm up late because of sick family members, so my brain isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment. :|
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

I will send the ambassadors, but I'm a little busy with respect to writing up a post.
Kreia